360 gaining momentum in japan?

They already have, it's virtually impossible to buy a 360 and not have it bundled with some type of free game, 1600 free pts, and 3months of XBLive. At least in Canada that's the case. Bestbuy, Walmart, Futureshop, all the major retailers have these bundles at the regular price of $499.

I wonder if these bundles, being so prevalent, are a prelude to a price cut?

The 360 has managed to stay above the 10,000 mark for a while 1/1-1/7

http://www.m-create.com/jpn/s_ranking.html
Noticed that too. Still insignificant next to the DS or Wii sales, but noticably increased over last years performance and apparently stabilizing at that level for now. Most interesting is IMO, that actually more 360 consoles were sold in the first week of January (18.235), than in the week leading up to christmas (17.213)...

Most interesting is IMO, that actually more 360 consoles were sold in the first week of January (18.235), than in the week leading up to christmas (17.213)...

But the other consoles also increased their sales, most to a significantly higher degree than the 360. I'm still wonderin what caused this surge though.

But the other consoles also increased their sales, most to a significantly higher degree than the 360. I'm still wonderin what caused this surge though.

If I had to guess, I'd say it's the year-end salary bonus, though not everyone gets those.

Gift cards. Plus, all those underwear returns. Get enough of them together and you buy a 360. LOL

Tommy McClain

i reckon it will be really tough for XB360 unless they get more positive japanese support. Even their best japanese support capcom don't currently have plans to release Devil May Cry 4 and Monster Hunter (MH3 i think) on XB360. they need "blue dragon" every month or even more frequently if they are to gain some sort of penetration in Japan

i reckon it will be really tough for XB360 unless they get more positive japanese support. Even their best japanese support capcom don't currently have plans to release Devil May Cry 4 and Monster Hunter (MH3 i think) on XB360. they need "blue dragon" every month or even more frequently if they are to gain some sort of penetration in Japan

Microsoft needs to pump out games without there being a dry spell. People in Japan will buy PS3 during a dry spell but they won't do the same for the 360. If they don't, they will be back to selling under 2000 a week in no time.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back