2 New Hi-Rez Ruby pictures

Laa-Yosh is right. We are now experiencing the same problems with those videocards as the pre-rendered CG world is still struggling with.
And while a lot of work might be done on tech-demo's it's not likely to be used in games.

You can do a reasonable good cloth simulation on a simple skirt. But anything more complex eats lots of cpu/gpu power. It can also quickly create weird artifacts. '

Same with hair. In Nvidia's techdemo it looks very nice because it streams through water. But on ATI's character you couldn't use it because you would need collision detection and gravity to have it fall correctly on the shoulders and against the head. That gives horrible performance on pre-rendered CG, not the mention the performance hit in games.
You can only use quite short hair, and not too many strands of it. Like has been used in 3DMark03.

The way ATI has made hair is the best option for games in the next couple of years. It is also still the method that is used the most in the CG world.
Actually it can be improved quite a bit when you play around with transparancy maps for the hair. You can see some examples here:
http://secure.daz3d.com/shop.php?op=itemdetails&item=1864
http://secure.daz3d.com/shop.php?op=itemdetails&item=1899
http://secure.daz3d.com/shop.php?op=itemdetails&item=1822
Those are made using the same techniques ATI used, but with some more advanced textures.
I wouldn't mind if the next generation of games used that kind of hair.

[sillyness]Have you guys ever thought that maybe she comes from another planter other than Earth? :D Maybe they don't show spines and backbones and the likes. :D I mean we did see aliens in that one shot :D[/sillyness]

Anyways .. I'd LOVE to see HL2 running on the R42x. Imagine what that can produce.

US

Unknown Soldier said:
Anyways .. I'd LOVE to see HL2 running on the R42x. Imagine what that can produce.

I'd LOVE to see HL2 running on my box. Imagine how long I could go without sleep. :LOL:

Ugh, I detest the male species when they sit there and jerk off to computer-generated thirteen-year-olds with the bodies of a 21-year-old dressed as a futuristic streetwalker striking obscene poses.

It's rather sick actually. You drooling guys with kids, why not stick the face of your daughter to those images too?

Guden Oden said:
You drooling guys with kids, why not stick the face of your daughter to those images too?
A. I don't have a daughter.
B. I'd rather stick the face of John Reynolds to those images, thanks. :)

(God, he's going to kill me.)

Guden Oden said:
It's rather sick actually. You drooling guys with kids, why not stick the face of your daughter to those images too?

Mines 2 years old but I'd be more than happy to photochop her face into it as it would improve Ruby's face as my daughter is the worlds most beautiful girl.

Don't take my word for it, just ask my wife ( to show that I am not biased ) . LOL

I'm not sure what Bedfordshire police would think about the database though then ......

Regards

Andy

I actually still think it looks bad well see later though, or maybe I will anyway :)

I especially dislike that the glove meets her wrist in a blur in the first shot I mean that is just lame, but hopefully as people said it is a compression artifact.

Maybe they shoulda called her emerald with the huge thing on her chest :LOL:

Really though perhaps like people have said this demo will be like a real game with a level and what not so then it would be classed a good character in that environment. Wait wait wait...

dizietsma said:
as my daughter is the worlds most beautiful girl.
Strange, I'd say the same about our daughter... except during nappy changes... :(

Mariner said:
Quitch said:
The usual oversized breasts, I see. Makes for a nice desktop, but something is seriously wrong in with the right arm in the first shot.

Not oversized for some. ;)

I was thinking in so far as the average woman is a B cup, while the average computer character is D minimum. If that doesn't tell you everything you need to know about the computer industry, you have only to see booth babes to confirm it.

I wonder when this industry will hit its PC years?

Ugh, I detest the male species when they sit there and jerk off to computer-generated thirteen-year-olds with the bodies of a 21-year-old dressed as a futuristic streetwalker striking obscene poses.

You need help.

I thought Ruby look familiar...

orchidpic.jpg

:LOL:

Back