2 New Hi-Rez Ruby pictures

if you ask me she doesnt look like the type thats into guys or anything like that ..... not that there's anything wrong with that :?

Ruby is not supposed to be realistic like Nalu. It's supposed to showoff character and environment like that of Timbury. I think she looks good, different then Dawn or Nalu but still good.

retsam said:
if you ask me she doesnt look like the type thats into guys or anything like that ..... not that there's anything wrong with that :?

What, are you implying that you'd like to see her get busy with Dusk? Now THAT would be an interesting demo.... :oops: :D

ANova said:
Ruby is not supposed to be realistic like Nalu. It's supposed to showoff character and environment like that of Timbury. I think she looks good, different then Dawn or Nalu but still good.

HM. Personally I would rather prefer Ruby over Nalu... I mean in the real life... ;)

T2k said:
ANova said:

HM. Personally I would rather prefer Ruby over Nalu... I mean in the real life... ;)

And I would prefer Dawn to all of them. I've got a thing for chicks with short black hair. 8)

btw, I just recently went to a showing of Cirque Du Soleil and watched as this chick only 20 feet from me bent back completely to the point where her head was touching her ass. :oops: So it's obviously possible, though not very common.

T2k said:
ANova said:

You would need a pretty big fish tank to hold Nalu. :D

Ruby seems to be doing action shots. Looks like her panties are showing in the rear shot. What is that green light on her chest for?

ANova said:
T2k said:
ANova said:

And I would prefer Dawn to all of them. I've got a thing for chicks with short black hair. 8)

btw, I just recently went to a showing of Cirque Du Soleil and watched as this chick only 20 feet from me bent back completely to the point where her head was touching her ass. :oops: So it's obviously possible, though not very common.

Cirque Du Soleil? That's awesome, the whole show really cool, I agree. 8)

Becoming member of their online club, you can get some limited stuff: http://www.cirquedusoleil.com/Cirqu...eil/en/clubcirque/tickets/alegria/newyork.htm

Some very nice rendering but just a few problems.
1) No spine
2) No arse
3) Arms
4) Arm pit in the first shot

Otherwise very cool, should be fun to see her in motion, now when were the X800Pros arriving in retail in the UK?

ANova said:
I don't see any reasonable environment in the posted shots.

I'd still do her anyday. :)

Chalnoth .. It might not show in these pics, but Dave has said the pics are taken from a demo with an action enviroment.

BTW .. she also has panties pines in the front. look at the V. :D

US

if they are wallpapers as someone mentioned earlier, is it not possible that these are pre-rendered? just a thought...

Could folks please post long URL via an alias, rather than the URL, it messes up the formatting and then you have to scroll sideways.

The syntax is the same, except in the openning tag, put url=your url and then instead of the URL embedded the alias in between and then throw down the closing tag as normal.

Unfortunately you need temporal AA to see the REAL image quality. This is the reason you can't get the best picture in a screen shot.

The usual oversized breasts, I see. Makes for a nice desktop, but something is seriously wrong in with the right arm in the first shot.

That upmost armband doesn't go completely around her arm, it's a "clamp" of sorts. Looks weird enough if you think it goes completely around the arm, gotta admit :)

Edit: Well OK. It does go around, but it's just a narrow band, not as thick as the front.

Quitch said:
The usual oversized breasts, I see. Makes for a nice desktop, but something is seriously wrong in with the right arm in the first shot.

Not oversized for some. ;)

Luckily, women come in all shapes and sizes. The lack of a spine is worrying, however - perhaps she's a pod-person?

Someone mentioned the lack of armpit hair - are they going to produce a European version with ample armpit hair to even things up? :)

Mariner said:
Someone mentioned the lack of armpit hair - are they going to produce a European version with ample armpit hair to even things up? :)

It's not the armpit hair she's lacking, its armpit as such.
The right elbow on the second pic is pretty awful too. :?
Maybe they should learn to make proper body joints before playing around with skin / hair / whatnot?

Really I am wondering when we will see semi realistic coth in games like humus' flags.

Well, I recall some very decent cloth and hair animation in Soul Calibur on the DreamCast.
One girl had a skirt instead of a skin-tight outfit, and it waved quite convincingly.

Character detail is approaching a point where simple n-matrix skinning just won't be good enough. The problem is that bones are only able to provide rotational transformations to the vertices, which does not preserve the volume of muscles, bones and fat. It really looks like a bent plastic pipe and no matter how hard the artists try, the weighting will just not get good enough.
This is a problem for prerendered CG as well, and there's no simple solution... In the CG world, complete muscle and skin simulation tools are developed at studios like Weta or Tippet to solve this problem. Another alternative used by ILM on the Hulk is to apply corrective blendshapes to each body part using a pose-based system but this needs a horrible amount of work (64 shapes just for each shoulder on the green guy).
Game developers will need similar solutions, although they can start with the existing systems. For example, you can add extra "muscle" bones to the skeleton with different origins for their transformations, and apply some scale and translation transforms as well to try to keep the skin from collapsing. Obviously, more and more CG experience is going to be needed, no wonder Nvidia hired an ex-Square artist (Final Fantasy, Animatrix Osiris) to create Dawn for the techdemo...

Back