Unofficially RSX = G80

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mocking people isn't cool (except politicians. And lawyers), but babcat seems unwilling to listen to all the input he gets. If you look at the threads (s)he's been posting in, it's gone from appearing a curiosity into RSX to becoming an incessant need to prove there's something special about RSX, despite constantly being told the contrary. Babcat has always remained civil and polite, but that doesn't stop him/her from getting annoying by asking the same questions even when answered numerous times. Especially to the point of badgering devs under NDA in the opinion (s)he has some cosmic right to that information.

Well that sounds like trolling the forum. It's a simple matter of locking the thread then. Rather than keeping it open for further baiting...

Well, there you have it, folks...

DeanA layed the "close this thread, biatch!" smackdown on everyone.

/thread

So, what should we do with this thread?

Lock it, move it to general discussion or should we let the discussion on this unofficial confirmation go on for the fun of it?

the latter please!!!

if this happens, I will believe in santa clauss again.

but then again, maybe sony keeps quiet about rsx specs NOT because its inferior to the competition (who'd have thought of that??)
but because there are living organic components inside, and all this time the rsx dna will mutate to something really strong!! like G599!

ask your insider about that! sounds equally possible.

Last edited by a moderator:
Got a quick question

Wouldn't adding a G80 in the PS3 be a BAD thing? instead of good? Since the CELL is already a pretty complicated architechure, wouldn't adding a completely new GPU make life even hardder for developers?

Not compared to what you would gain from having a G80 gpu,

I dunno about closing it since it's been kind of nice to have an active thread thru a boring weekend, but I do know this thread don't deserve no 5,800 views either! :LOL:

Kind of scary just how many people want to believe.

Who says that RSX = G80 is a moron liar, everybody knows that RSX is a Voodoo Graphics 7500 derivative :LOL: with bitboys embedded DRAM :LOL:

If you want that detailed information, your options are simple.. either become a developer :)shock:), or get one of your well-informed-but-surprisingly-always-completely-wrong insider friends to leak the docs to you.

I think this is the crux of the issue in so many of these threads... 'insider' information gets leaked (again and again), and the same people convince themselves that although last time it was false, *this* time... it's for real!

What's really sad is out there somewhere there is a group of individuals who likes to generate false 'insider' information, they know the perfect people to contact to dupe, and they get their rumors going across the Internet.

To quote a man with much sage advice on the matter:

"There's an old saying in Tennessee — I know it's in Texas, probably in Tennessee — that says, fool me once, shame on — shame on you. Fool me — you can't get fooled again."

I can unofficially confirm that the RSX will be based off NVIDIA’s upcoming G80 technology. The latest IP has been done for quite sometime (actually 3 months); NVIDIA will be announcing details soon. Anyhow, my source is very legit…works for NVIDIA!! You don’t have to believe me…but my source is a very honorable person. Maybe not to NDA agreements.... :oops:

lol. RSX is based on G70, not G80.

time for a thread title change maybe?

Nah, we're close enough to release that I think it's a kind of nice way to announce the official start of the Silly Season. :)

The Silly Season has officially commenced this weekend, may you all frolic safely thru the hazards to come in the next few weeks and enjoy it as much as I usually do. :cool:

For the last year or more I have spent probably several hours a day trying to dig up information as to the exact specifications of the RSX. It has become like a duty of mine to find the information and release it to all the world. Quite frankly, because not only am I very curious and interested myself, but I want to stand up for my fellow consumers by helping uncover the specifications for a piece of hardware they are going to be purchasing.

Personally, I wish I could let this go and walk away and just wait to play some PS3 games, because I have spent thousands of hours googling, reading message boards, and searching through the web for information. If you want to make fun of me for that then I don't care. If some of you think I'm nuts then hey, call me whatever you like. But at least I have been consistant on trying to uncover the specs of the RSX.

My hope all along is that if I could somehow track down the information and repeat it parrot style, monkey style, chimp style, retard style, idiot style or whatever kind of insulting style you want to say I've been using, that Sony would realize the specs have been leaked and go ahead and release the information officially. Yep, if I obtained the final specs somehow that is what I would do is go and repeat them and repeat them, because even though I'm DARNED curious myself I know the information needs to be out there for all the other interested people, and others who are planning to purchase the console.

Right now, I can't be certain if I know *anything* about the RSX that Sony has not already released publically. For thousands of hours being glued to my computer screen until my eyes burned I have nothing. I thought I had some information finally from Barbarian's post, but now many of you have indicated it might possibly be incorrect or wrong. So, after all this time, I have nothing at all. But I will keep on searching, keep on looking, and try to obtain the information.

I followed Nerve Damage's statement because it represents something else that might have a chance of being true. The likely hood does not matter as long as there is a tiny chance when your in my position. The one unique thing about his information (if it's true which we don't know) is that *if* it was to happen it would surprise everyone. It's not saying the G80 RSX has already been out and about. It's saying that the current RSX is indeed N47 based, but a NEWLY created model of the RSX (what I call RSX Ver. 2.0) would suddenly appear to be used in the PS3. Yes, the proposes all sorts of problems and issues. But I'm not saying it's CERTAINLY going to happen or CERTAINLY legitimate. However, if it did turn out to be true these are things that only Sony would know how they were going to solve if it be by another delay, amazingly fast transition, the fastest delievery of dev-kits ever, etc.

I'm proud of this thread and thankful to Nerve Damage for sharing his information. I'm also thankful to everyone who has discussed this theory in a constructive way without suddenly getting upset, jumping up and down, trash talking this thread, or saying mean or rude things.

In the end I hope we all find out the truth about the RSX. Hopefully, that will happen at least by Sony's October Pre-Launch event (if there is not another delay) and we can all know one way or the other. If not, I will keep on searching and searching until it is revealed.

And you can surely bet that if I find the information one minute before Sony announces it that I will repeat it...

Parrot Stye.
Monkey Style.
Mime Style.
Robot Style.
Alien Style.

And every repetitive style I can to get the information out there to the consumers who are considering purchasing Sony's product and those gaming folks such as myself who are so curious about the GPU that's powering the amazing games we have seen so far.

You can't embarass me or make me feel bad, because I'm perfectly content with my searching so far. I'm a fat, over-weight, single, live-at-home-with-my-mommie, scifi loving, balding, and cat loving person (felines are wonderful creatures and are like my family) and I'm perfectly happy with that!!!

Now on with the discussion of the RSX!

LONG LIVE THIS THREAD!

Dean A,

I hope you find a way to fix your XBox or get it repaired. You know more about computing than myself, so you have probably heard about this method. But some people have disassembled their 360 and used a hot air gun (not a hair dryer but the even hotter actual hot air gun) to blow over the mother board to try and restore their 360's. The theory is that it gently melts the sodder and it fills in the tiny micro cracks that could have formed which may have caused the malfunction. Apparently, it works for some people and doesn't for others. There are certain portions of the board that you are supposed to coverup with tin foil to prevent from being damaged (PLEASE look this up in more detail before you even consider attempting this method) because they could melt, get messed up, etc.

Of course if you have a warrenty lets hope you can take the 360 right back to the retailer, not have to worry about such a method as above, and get another one right away.

I also hope the PS3 does not have this sort of problem.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back