Final Fantasy XIII announced for PS3!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Btw, someone merge this one with the other thread or change the other thread to Final Fantasy Versus XIII announced for PS3!

Or just close this one. ;)

Fredi

Now the conference is over.
2:27 The conference is officially over. I'm gonna go change my drawers. Stay tuned for screens of all this FFXIII madness, and a lot more. And to think, E3's still two days away.

Laa-Yosh said:
Just in case someone hasn't noticed:

I'd certainly wait with any E3 conclusions after we've seen direct feed media from everything.

Come on man. The other one was real-time, but LOOKED pre rendered.

mckmas8808 said:
Come on man. The other one was real-time, but LOOKED pre rendered.
Yeah, the supposed real time one was with the girl. The CG one was with some guy named natch with spiky hair.

girl, FFXIII
FINAL FANTASY XIII. FINAL FANTASY XIII. They pulled a serious bait-and-switch on us. Sword-and-gun-wielding heroine who looks like Yuna, flipping her way around a high-tech, futuristic world. No idea what it was until the end when that

guy, Fantasy Versus XIII
Nomura is providing more details. The CG movie we just saw, featuring a spiky-haired character (natch) squaring off against machine gun-wielding soldiers,

Not 100% sure, but both are for ps3 I beleive.

Bad_Boy said:
Yes indeed, there are like 4 different threads on the same SE conference.
Imagine what the Sony Conference will do the forums. O_O! ;)
When's Sony's conference?

Laa-Yosh said:
Wait. For. Direct. Feed. Media.

How else should I post it? ;)

What do you know something that we don't? If you know something spill it. Or else take one of the games to be real-time. Your job is not in jeopardy here.:rolleyes:

Laa-Yosh said:
Wait. For. Direct. Feed. Media.

How else should I post it? ;)
We were just correcting your post, dont shoot the messengers. But...
Trust, we are all waiting for some media. ;)

http://www.jeux-france.com/news15666_square-enix-conference-en-live.html
35editeurs20060508_235310_0_big.jpg

Nesh said:
Cant wait! Damn it! And I have studying to do!
I hear ya, one more final tommorrow and im done. But this pre-e3 stuff is going to knock me a little off track. ;)

Looks perfectly possible to do in realtime to me. Especially from Squenix... nice hair!
Well, at least those that are not face closeups - those have a bit too many polygons.

[edit] (of course, without the uber AA)

Last edited by a moderator:
From GAF...

(no idea how someone got these so fast)

First and last pic are Versus (CG). The middle three are FXIII (supposedly realtime). Looks fantastic, but too futuristic for my tastes.

finalfanta200151l3kl.jpg

finalfanta200152l2dh.jpg

finalfanta200153l7ad.jpg

finalfanta200155l7gc.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Titanio said:
That's not the realtime stuff..right?

The couple of the chick seem possibly realtime. The face closeups look like an ingame cutscene model or CG (iirc the FF7 tech demo had a close up that looked comparably awesome and that was on much earlier kits). Who knows. Wouldn't be surprised if they were all CG, but the two shots of the girl in combat look realtime at least.

The non closeup on the guy looks like its just a random screengrab from the cgi trailer.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back