First Ghost Recon: Advance Warfighter Single Player Footage (X360)

FYI, the whole 80-90 percent doesn't matter when you consider that much of the code is probably not nearly close to being fully optimized. In most games, almost all of the consoles power is used, however it is not used as well in some games as it is in others.

This thread is pathetic.

:LOL:

So this is the game that is supposed to show off the 'true power of the 360'???

Low poly chars and low rez textures and lack of aniso filtering...

SubD said:
This thread is pathetic.

troll much?

Teh ignorance.

Characters are extremely high-poly, you see all of Mexico city at once without a hiccup, "universal" shadowing/lighting system. Oh, and most of the textures you see are low-res versions in the beta build. The final build will have many textures with 4x the current resolution.

And the game looks fun.

SubD said:
This thread is pathetic.

Well see the problem is screenshots don't do it for this game really. You have to see it in motion.

holy cow that looks good... and yes I have also read in several interviews that they are using lower poly textures in these builds and that the will be increased in the final.

Actually somebody in another forum stated that the new screenshots are from the final build. He was playing the review single and multiplayer versions.

I doubt it. They still have a little bit to go before the game hits shelves. I havn't heard that it has gone gold yet either.

BlimBlim on GAF still maintains that most everything we've seen thus far still has many of the low-res textures that will be replaced come final build.

Confidence-Man said:

"After months of wait, one of the most anticipated X360 game finally shows up. Right there for you, seventeen minutes of urban assault in the heart of Mexico: the integral first level of Ghost Recon Advanced Warfighter. As the video speaks very much for itself, I just want you to know that this version is far from being definitive. If you were thinking about complaining for popping, tearing, audio mix, animation or framerate problems, think again. Also, lots of textures are still in low resolution. This is a january preview code, and everything should be in its right place when the game comes out. Enjoy the show.

A few details anyway: the level was played in medium difficulty mode, with all the HUD features enabled. You must know that "wallhack", crosscom and colored pointers can be disabled. Also, purists should appreciate that it's possible to play with the old-school FPS view, with nothing on screen but the gun reticle."

im still not sure how much difference in graphics is there between the pc and xbox360 version. is there an article and interview in regard to that?

im still not sure how much difference in graphics is there between the pc and xbox360 version. is there an article and interview in regard to that?

Well they're two totally different games..go check some screenshots.

I imagine the high end PC game will look about as good, in different ways. After all the X360 and PS3 are high end PC's basically.

ultragpu said:

yes allegedly this is not a PC port

two different development teams AFAIK

Deepblue said:
I doubt it. They still have a little bit to go before the game hits shelves. I havn't heard that it has gone gold yet either.

BlimBlim on GAF still maintains that most everything we've seen thus far still has many of the low-res textures that will be replaced come final build.

Then what is this?

http://img50.imageshack.us/my.php?image=10008669xn.jpg

The person that showed this, stated that he believes it is final build which people will give their reviews in magazines on. I'm not saying he's right, I just wanted to let you guys know.

mckmas8808 said:
Then what is this?

http://img50.imageshack.us/my.php?image=10008669xn.jpg

The person that showed this, stated that he believes it is final build which people will give their reviews in magazines on. I'm not saying he's right, I just wanted to let you guys know.

I'm not sure if youve made the connection between these discs and the screenshots in question? Seems like there is a 'review build' based on these shots but does that mean the shots/videos/previews in question are based on these discs?

expletive said:
I'm not sure if youve made the connection between these discs and the screenshots in question? Seems like there is a 'review build' based on these shots but does that mean the shots/videos/previews in question are based on these discs?

Me personally I don't know. But the guy that owns those disc say that the newest screenshots are based from the review build that he has being playing for the last few days.

Back