First Ghost Recon: Advance Warfighter Single Player Footage (X360)

Horrible olympics for canada! But I actually love tyhe Fins, I picked em to win as soon as canada went out. Damn you guys play hard!

As a Habs fan, I'm goin for my man Koivu. Sure would be sweet if Habs could pick up Teemu. Anyways, good luck with the swedes, I'll be watching!

Last edited by a moderator:
scooby_dooby said:
good luck with the swedes, I'll be watching!

Thanks! it's going to be our biggest game ever and against our neighbours, it's a dream final for us, and I sure hope our guys can put up one more good game, this is the last change for many of our great players to win something big...

Heh I quess we are going a bit offtopic;)

expletive said:
When you say a 'filter' do you mean things like giving the image a sepia color pallette or adding film effects like grain/dirt/etc? Thats what i interpreted and it seems that GRAW does use this 'dirty film' look from time to time, kind of like th emovie 'Traffic'.

http://www.beyond3d.com/forum/showpost.php?p=648557&postcount=43

GRAW Dev Diary said:
Ghost Recon has always been a leading game as far as realism and with GRAW it had to be taken to the next level. The main goal was to avoid the "old school" video game look and achieve a realistic, cinematic style for the player. The best example are films like Traffic or even Man on Fire, where, depending on what the scene "emotionally" represents to the viewer, different colors and filters are used by the film maker.

http://xbox.gamespy.com/xbox-360/tom-clancys-ghost-recon-3/691318p2.html

I knew it!!!! :)

Ok, i think i just hurt my arm patting myself on the back... :)

Well I agree that its great to see that pushing back this game is definately showing and I cant wait to get my hands on it. Co-Op, Multiplayer, this game is shaping up nicely :) (Not to mention the future of Next gen systems is looking better :))

As for Olympics. Well I think the U.S. finally got a medal in Curling :) (that the correct name and spelling?) This Olympics has sure been quiet (least here in U.S.) compared to the last games.

There is presentation of MP in New York and opsixdelta took those two
CIMG2253.jpg

753f6846.jpg

About olympics, without hockey, it would be laughable. :p

Hmm....the picture with the woman is blurry and the other picture isn't. ;)

What's going on in New York? Just a random show?

I don`t know really, there was this badge
For all those in the New York area who will be at this weekend's New York Comic-Con (2/24-2/26), we're giving you the exclusive chance to check out GRAW on the X360 in person!
and the same guy (opsixdelta) who took those pics wrote this, he is GR player and has an eye for a detail so it`s a good read.
To start things off the first thing i noticed when i walked up to the booth, was the graphics. Now i had been thinking what alot of people on here were thinking , that the graphics in MP arent as good as SP.

well i do not think that is the case. the first map i saw was desert gulch, and it was simply beautiful, photorealistic in many places. you got a real sense of light and shadow. I guess you could say you felt like you were under the sun so to speak. Everything is animated in the map. all the grass moved, trees swayed, etc. Again everything casting really convincing soft shadows, and really hardline shadows, when you were shaded by an object or rock etc. The next map i played was the beach map. not sure what it was called, but the one that serallen first showed way back at x05 or something. The one with the white sand, and the castle perched up on the hill. This was really nice looking, and really nice playing. many different types of play styes were good for this map. Snipers could take advantage of the long distance perches, and riflemen could have their way in the twisting turning rock outcroppings that lined the beach area.

The next map i played was treasury, and this was incredible. It was kinda the "new govt. district" for all you Summit strike fans. But this was not a grided out metro area. really natural layout of the buildings, streets, courtyards, etc. Seemed very very open and large. as a matter of fact i got turned around more than a few times. This map is huge ! what i really liked were the many cars throughout the map., and when people use them as cover, you can shoot through the windows, and even blow the cars up. No more cover then. heh, the explosions are , in my opinion, the best i have seen in a videogame. both when cars explode and grenades. both have a real power behind them, and can do alot of damage.

Tomorrow, i will play through all of the maps if i can, however the game is set up on a lan, so i am not in control of the server when i play. The drone wasnt very useful in my opinion in a squad type game. at least with the people i was playing with. everyone was running and gunning, which basically meant i couldnt do much intel/recon, i basically had to go balls to the wall, and hunt people down. i CAN see the drone coming in handy on coop or , when playing tactically. Also the drone can be taken out quite easily.

The guns are really nice. alot of power behind them, and the sound is unmatched. hands down the best sound effects for guns i have ever heard. I didnt use alot of them, but i did see when i cycled through them, that guns come in alot of configs. Like when you went to the scar, you had several versions, of it including the silenced and grenadier, versions. and if i am not mistaken, a version that had both a silencer and launcher. Which was cool to see. Alot of the fan favorite guns are in there, and i will try to write alot of them down tomorrow if i can,.

The new tight shoulder view is really cool. when you pull in your left trigger, the camera pulls up close behind shoulder, and gives a pretty solid view to use when firing so that you dont always have to be zoomed in, but still focused on an area in the distance. You also have the ability to move while firing in this view, and maintaining, accuracy, because you move slower in that view. I didnt get a chance to mess around with game options but will try to get my hands on that tomorrow. If there was any complaints out of the whole experiences there would only be 2 of them.

A. when i set up a server, if i am playing a daytime map, i will personally be turning off the night vision ability for all players, as i saw quite a few people using it to their advantage on the day time maps.

its like a big bread truck, with lcds and graw stations , 4 on each side, but one on each side is some airforce training game. so you have 3 graws on one side, and 3 on the other, thats how they are doing the lil tournament. one team on one side, the other team on the other. and then you got HANGTOWN, up on top of the truck, talking into a loud speaker, telling everyone at comic con, that it is the greatest tactical shooter of all time. heh, pretty funny, and i believe him from what i have seen and played

oh one interesting thing, is Hangtown kept saying it was the first time the public has ever played the game. didnt realize that. but i guess its true, since x05 and e3 are trade events

one thing i forgot to mention is the amount of character detail. the player models are really really detailed. if they were anymore detailed i would be able to make out the size shirts they are wearing by looking at the tag. there also seems to be a good "weight" for each character. they seem well modeled, way way more detailed then the char. models from GR2, which i thought were pretty good

FN3 may have given a better game experience to a reviewer who loves beat em ups. The problems for reviewers and reviews that score games out 10, 100 whatever is that this score is instantly judged against other games from fundememtally differnet genre's. How can you possible compare games such as GRAW Oblivion and FN3 anyway? The day a magazine reviews games using text only is the day I start buying gaming magazines again. Edge did it for one issue, then sneakely printed the scores at the back of the same issue.

You know, every generation, an incredible looking game comes out that looks more realistic than anything seen before but then it ages terribly because of it's realistic color palette. Something tells me that this game will be different, might be the lighting or the HUD or something.

Pugger said:
FN3 may have given a better game experience to a reviewer who loves beat em ups. The problems for reviewers and reviews that score games out 10, 100 whatever is that this score is instantly judged against each other games from fundememtally differnet genre's. How can you possible compare games such as GRAW Oblivion and FN3 anyway? The day a magazine reviews games using text only is the day I start buying gaming magazines again. Edge did it for one issue, then sneakely printed the scores at the back of the same issue.

I agree with you, but the vote means to give a value of the game experience, so this can help to spend my money, even with different genre's

for example, at this time I've some difficult choosing what games to buy for my 360
I can afford at max, 3 games
and I like:

GRAW, Oblivion, BF2, FC IP, FN3

GRAW and Oblivion for sure, but the third?
the reviews and votes can hel me to decide, I hope

by the way the Outfit received an 8.5, Burnout another 8.5 and Tomb Raider ( XBOX 1 version ) an 8.

Love_In_Rio said:
by the way the Outfit received an 8.5 and Tomb Raider ( XBOX 1 version ) an 8.
Higher than expected for Tomb Raider but lower than expected for Outfit, how well did they say the Outfit's multiplayer was?

The Outfit - 8.5
+ Great concept executed well. Not great, but well.
+ Multiplayer modes up the yay-hoo
-Jeeps handle more like tanks
? Will a sequel that works the little kinks out be made? We hope so.

In the mark given to GRAW it is not taken account the multiplayer as they haven´t played it. The only complaint in the single player game seems to be the AI of your team mates.

Love_In_Rio said:
The Outfit - 8.5
+ Great concept executed well. Not great, but well.
+ Multiplayer modes up the yay-hoo
-Jeeps handle more like tanks
? Will a sequel that works the little kinks out be made? We hope so.
Hopefully they'll patch the vehicle handling...they can do that, right?

nintenho said:
Hopefully they'll patch the vehicle handling...they can do that, right?

People have to understand that developers generally patch bugs and mistakes, not design decisions. I know there are counter examples, and I know there is more of that on PCs, but I am just bloody sick of people wishing / hoping / proclaiming, "it'll be fixed / changed in a patch".

Incidentally, the same is true for gameplay observations from near final code (cf. Oblivion). It is simply not very likely that 2 weeks from the mastering date (while the game is already in certification) the developers will rewrite the shadowing or LOD-systems. Of course, then someone will argue that the built was old etc. But then, why would you bother organizing a huge press event, only to show off an version of the game that was current half a year ago? Might as well have shown it earlier then...

/rant off

Back