First Ghost Recon: Advance Warfighter Single Player Footage (X360)

This is exactly the type of graphically showy game MS needs right now. Keep the sales high when the early adapters are through and supply begins to catch up with demand.

MS should send these devs a big ol check..

Daryl said:
This is exactly the type of graphically showy game MS needs right now. Keep the sales high when the early adapters are through and supply begins to catch up with demand.

MS should send these devs a big ol check..

I wonder if, in the end, its better that this game didnt make launch. Its not like MS could have sold any more consoles between launch and now (Japan aside...). As you pointed out, this could actually drive some sales as the 2nd wave of 360 games start to roll out and consoles are in supply.

expletive said:
I wonder if, in the end, its better that this game didnt make launch.

Heck yeah it's good. Some times games need to pushed back. This game is a perfect example. Ubisoft has done a great job too.

mckmas8808 said:
Heck yeah it's good. Some times games need to pushed back. This game is a perfect example. Ubisoft has done a great job too.

My fault, i meant from a strictly marketing/sales standpoint. For example, even if it WAS 'ready' at launch i still think MS would be better off to have released it now instead.

expletive said:
My fault, i meant from a strictly marketing/sales standpoint. For example, even if it WAS 'ready' at launch i still think MS would be better off to have released it now instead.

Oh yeah I agree with that too. It's not good to have a dry Spring season.

New interview with Adrian J Fernandez-Lacey about X360 & pc version.
(from magazine Computer and Videogames)

How far is Advanced Warfighter pushing the Xbox 360 hardware? Can future Ghost Recon games push it any further?

Adrian J Fernandez-Lacey: We've a big advantage over many other developers at the moment because we spent a lot of time building the engine from the ground up, we were able to really maximise the multi-threading and multi-core technology. This gave a huge advantage not only visually but what we could do in terms of gameplay and stuff like that. It's hard to say how much of the box we're pushing, but say you simply ported a PC game you may be able to use the three processors but you'd use maybe 60% of it's true value, where as we've actually built the game for those three processors, so it's a different level of detail that we can get. Basically at times we're pushing from 80-90% of the platform's power.
http://www.computerandvideogames.co...com/interviews/interviews_story.php?id=134437

Hmm, not sure I would be thrilled if they are already tapping 80-90% of the X360's power.

However, of course it is most likely PR talk.

"Power" is such an overrated term; I think it's silly to talk about pushing "x%" of a platform. It's vague, and the machine is always running at full speed during a game anyway.

Daryl said:
Hmm, not sure I would be thrilled if they are already tapping 80-90% of the X360's power.

However, of course it is most likely PR talk.

Using multithreading and pinning the CPU to 80%-90% 'at times' is something completely different then 'tapping its power.' I'm pretty sure their definition here is the former. All these early games on both consoles will be pinning the CPU and GPU at times, the idea is to make the most of those cycles. Which comes in subsequent in generations as devs learn more about the system and its strengths.

Daryl said:
Does anybody know if GRAW is using tiling for AA? There certainly appears to be AA at work
Yes for me is more than sure that they are using tiling. They made the engine from the ground and we know that the single player has 4XAA .

Back