Gran Turismo Sport [PS4]

Yep. Saw this for a ridiculous price (£15 or so?) and just had to get it. For that price I’m extremely impressed, it really is demo-worthy for my TV.

I wish Sony would wake up and add Atmos support to games though, this is one that would really benefit from it.

Also. My last driving game was Driveclub and the difference in graphics is just remarkable. Yes Driveclub was 30fps but damn GTS looks bland.

yamauchi is obsessed with cars, they put all the effort on them, that's why we end up with a huge scapes mode that i barely used, they should have spent those ressources elsewhere.
at least this time we got decent car sounds ^^

Regardless of graphics, it sure is an addictive game! Just got all Gold on the Mission challenges which was really tough at times, especially the later endurance stages. Did all Gold on the driving school the other day and now I only have to start the Circuit experiences and finish up GT League - maybe I’ll Platinum this one.

By any standard, the game looks amazing especially on the Pro and a good 4K TV with HDR.

But several times my brain did wonder why they just couldn’t use a tiny bit more imagination at least, as it does get needlessly bland at times.

Also the IQ, I must say, is one of the worst if not THE worst out of all the high profile PS4 exclusives, on Pro at least. It looks lower res and the AA isn’t all that great either.

Shoddy shouldn’t be a word associated with Polyphony but unfortunately I can’t help but feel that some decisions they made with this game resulted in some shoddy bits here and there.

Why? Some bullshit online trophy or something?

Yep. Got all the other ones. But I’m missing the ones that require me to: do more than 300 online races, win 61 of them, and get a stupid amount of pole positions. Needless to say, that will never happen. Not impressed with those trophy requirements either.

Last edited:
what changed in the tire model?
8. Physics Simulation Model
 - The Tyre Simulation Model has been adjusted: handling during acceleration, deceleration and cornering have changed;
- The differences in grip power due to tyre temperature variations in races where the "Tyre Wear" option is enabled have been adjusted;
 - In "Sport" mode, "Lobby", and "Custom Race", the amount of grip reduction when the [Grip Red. on Wet Track/Track Edge] option within the [Race Settings] is set to “Real” has been adjusted. (When set to “Real”, the grip reduction when picking up debris on tyres from driving off track, etc. will be more severe and it will take longer to recover grip compared to before);
 - The handling of Formula cars when using the DUALSHOCK®4 wireless controller has been adjusted;
 - With this update of car's physics simulation model, the rankings of "Driving School", "Mission Challenge", and "Circuit Experience" has been reset. (This will not affect a player's level progression).

Back