Forza Horizon 3 [XO, XPA]

The game's lighting and shading don't really impress me, look fairly plasticky and too much foliage pop ins. But the open world nature does give me a sense of freedom and exploration. Not so much difference between the two versions honestly except the obvious 4k res, I think the HDR on the Bone would actually give it a more visual impact overall than the PC "racist" version.

This games rendering is amazing. The foliage all have soft body physics like crysis. Even the ocean uses Sea of Thieves tech and its sublime. At times in the jungle it looks like a crysis mod with racing cars

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    785.5 KB · Views: 38
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    1 MB · Views: 41
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    1.1 MB · Views: 39
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    721.7 KB · Views: 39
Impressive reviews so far. I should really try the demo one of these nights.

btw is this one of those, buy once and play on PC and xb1 games?

http://www.windowscentral.com/xbox-play-anywhere-faq

Does Xbox Play Anywhere work with physical copies?
No, it does not. As described to us by Aaron Greenberg, Microsoft's Xbox marketing chief:

It is specific to digital because we have to be able to associate your account with the product. When you purchase ReCore digitally in the Windows 10 Store on Xbox One, that game will be tied to your account. When you go between multiple devices, we'll be able to say "this is your game, this is your game library." We're only able to do that digitally today.

If you want to take advantage of Xbox Play Anywhere you need to have a digital copy of the game. Either by purchasing directly from the Xbox Store on your console or by using a download voucher from your favorite retailer.

This games rendering is amazing. The foliage all have soft body physics like crysis. Even the ocean uses Sea of Thieves tech and its sublime. At times in the jungle it looks like a crysis mod with racing cars
Thats freakin amazing. And at fixed1080p native res right? Runs well head to head with Drive Club perhaps

I love racing games, F-Zero and the likes, although I miss Project Gotham Racing a LOT!

Curious to see how this game is going to do. Pretty much universal praise, but I wonder if the racing genre is just dead at this point.

I'd be quite curious to know the digital split on games that you can play on both xb1 and PC through the buy once program.

HDR shots from Xbone S on a LG HDR oled e6
cfafa4a34048.JPG

http://picsee.net/upload/2016-09-24/f1cb6b0fad56.JPG
http://picsee.net/upload/2016-09-24/180127b0726c.JPG
Them white highlights are clipped like a mofo on my pc monitor tho, can imagine how amazing the dynamic range and color would look on a HDR screen.

Game is pretty great. I don't know if it's because i'm playing on PC, but once you go 60 it's hard to go back. Really hard.
I'm not noticing the micro stutter as much (from when I started playing, after 30 minutes of playing with it, I guess my eyes started ignoring it). I'm playing the game at max everything including MSAA 4x, which is killing my framerate. I go anywhere between 40-80. I have v-sync off, so g-sync is really helping out there. Though you can still feel when the frame rate tanks, but it keeps smooth.
g-sync doesn't remove the micro stutter.

lastly.
this game with spotify, a good spotify driving playlist(s) is hands down amazing. beats the in game radio by miles. and the quality is so much better, and my sound card has a headphone amp to drive this sennheisers properly. hm...

I was hesitant about this title because I didn't like FH2 as much(I finished it, but this game is much more enjoyable for some reason), but this game on PC is really fun, with. well I guess the music selection makes it a lot better. But this game at 60 is a big difference. I can't imagine going back. Looks great, I wish it could look even better!
Can't wait for the micro stutter patch. I can lock the game to a 60 frame rate then, output to my TV and power speakers... oh lord that's going to sound amazing.

Also can't wait to see more console games on PC!!

Last edited:
Back