Forza Horizon 3 [XO, XPA]

Anyone that got an X1X and a 4K tv/monitor, try this game in 4K! I've been playing it on PC on my new monitor and it's blowing me away :)

It's not got a patch yet, that is not due till January I believe so 4K is PC exclusive for the time being.

SO I got this for cheap on PC so I bought it and guess what....it doesn't even launch -_- ! Doesnt even start ! Shows me a splash screen and vanishes ! Amazing !

Ok so I tried every solution given on the internet and nothing worked,, then I moved the game from my HDD to my SSD ( C drive) and voila it works ! And oh boy what an exceptional game it is :D ! I have no idea why the demo did not hook me cos this is heaven ! Amazing game, thrilling to the core and races are such fun ! Now I understand why other games get such low scores, this is the standard they are being held up to and this is in its own league !
Only if the game would run without issues, at 60 fps this game is pure driving heaven ! Oh the feeling when my car wades through water body ! Its the first time that I really felt the weight of a car and the force the water pits against it in such a fluid manner and that too on a measly controller ! :love:
Is th econsole version 30fps? cos that just is so wrong, if it is so.

Last edited by a moderator:
Ok so I tried every solution given on the internet and nothing worked,, then I moved the game from my HDD to my SSD ( C drive) and voila it works ! And oh boy what an exceptional game it is :D ! I have no idea why the demo did not hook me cos this is heaven ! Amazing game, thrilling to the core and races are such fun ! Now I understand why other games get such low scores, this is the standard they are being held up to and this is in its own league !
Only if the game would run without issues, at 60 fps this game is pure driving heaven ! Oh the feeling when my car wades through water body ! Its the first time that I really felt the weight of a car and the force the water pits against it in such a fluid manner and that too on a measly controller ! :love:
Is th econsole version 30fps? cos that just is so wrong, if it is so.
having enough ram really helps alleviate the stuttering, but the recent patches and new drivers help as well

having enough ram really helps alleviate the stuttering, but the recent patches and new drivers help as well
running smooth for me,no stuttering.

Also absolutely in love with the game. Hooking up my laptop to my TV brought a near photoreal overall image to my screen. I can even do 4k@40 fps but that 60fps at 1080 is so smooth that there is no point in playing this at any lesser framerate.
I don't understand the structure of the game much yet, but it is so much fun that I can just keep playing any races it throws at me. :D

Last edited:
I am around level 10 now, but some stuff confuse me about the game.

• Are the races fixed or do they change when you change you car? The game makes mention that you can set your own criteria, but it's a little unclear.
  • What is the point of tuning your car? It seems whenever your car gets better, the other cars scale with it. So what is the point if you can't boost your car above the others?
  • Are you supposed to clear one area or move around? The map is full of events, but I'm not sure where I should go or in what order I should take things.
  • Drift challenges are dumb.
  • There is a sluggishness to the driving that makes over compensating for sliding or turning hard. Maybe its the 30fps nature? Also cars all seems to drive the same, at least they kind of feel the same.
  • Do faster cars actually go faster? It seems when I drive a real life fast car the races will contain SUVs that keep up with me. I feel like the game just treats vehicles the same, like auto leveling in Oblivion.

I am around level 10 now, but some stuff confuse me about the game.

• Are the races fixed or do they change when you change you car? The game makes mention that you can set your own criteria, but it's a little unclear.
  • What is the point of tuning your car? It seems whenever your car gets better, the other cars scale with it. So what is the point if you can't boost your car above the others?
  • Are you supposed to clear one area or move around? The map is full of events, but I'm not sure where I should go or in what order I should take things.
  • Drift challenges are dumb.
  • There is a sluggishness to the driving that makes over compensating for sliding or turning hard. Maybe its the 30fps nature? Also cars all seems to drive the same, at least they kind of feel the same.
  • Do faster cars actually go faster? It seems when I drive a real life fast car the races will contain SUVs that keep up with me. I feel like the game just treats vehicles the same, like auto leveling in Oblivion.

Yup, upgrades are there to give a sense of progression as well as to change the feel of the car. Other than that, it's just like Destiny or Oblivion where no matter how much you upgrade your gear, enemies upgrade right along with you for the most part in PvE.

Regards,
SB

Yup, upgrades are there to give a sense of progression as well as to change the feel of the car. Other than that, it's just like Destiny or Oblivion where no matter how much you upgrade your gear, enemies upgrade right along with you for the most part in PvE.

Regards,
SB

Yep. I noticed it you have the wrong car you can just change the race to match the one you are in. It kind of loses the Pokemon feel, the reason for grinding. Seems like you can finished the whole game with one car if you wanted. I bought some cool cars, but there doesn't seem a need to use any of them. So I just stick to my WRX hoping the 4WD and street ties makes me good at everything.

This game is very much the spiritual successor of Burnout Paradise. It's less vertical and there is no car destruction, but it has more non-city landscape (and less city). Lots of the space is very underdeveloped, not much but roads and land. There are discoveries sprinkled about, but not much to do. When you see ramps and hills, it's very hard to get off the ground to any degree. I think nitro would do wonders to give a sudden burst of speed.

It kind of sucks that no matter what car you equip, all the AI just has the same one or nearly the same. So it's seems impossible to pit one car type to another, the game won't let you.

@AlBran
Your scores.... wtf... how do you have such high scores? what are you doing for skills payouts? I'm having problems with teh drift challenges as well

@AlBran
Your scores.... wtf... how do you have such high scores? what are you doing for skills payouts? I'm having problems with teh drift challenges as well

hm... For skill points, I just hit up the northwest part of the map and floor it with some crazy vehicle and kangaroo/drift etc. around the hills or sand dunes (occasionally hit a destructible to chain things). :p

Probably helps to have a bunch of the skill unlocks too (6x multiplier, longer time for chaining). I might have done one of the giant ones with the skill song boost thing (12x multiplier). :oops:

Which drift challenge are you stuck on? (I've kinda lost track)

Last edited:
I loathe all of the drift challenges. Any suggestions or howto guides on what to really do on them?

Back