Forza Horizon 3 [XO, XPA]

Any news on the demo for pc yet? I habe always wanted forza horizons because of the praise they get but never played them since they never came to pc.
What has me doubtful is that one it is priced very heavily on the win store for my country for some reason and two: i watched a youtube vis of a guy plahing it and the gameplay system and world ui looked too much like The Crew , which i found boring to the point that i gave away the game to a friend .
Any thoughts on that?

Sent from my SM-N920G using Tapatalk

Any news on the demo for pc yet? I habe always wanted forza horizons because of the praise they get but never played them since they never came to pc.
What has me doubtful is that one it is priced very heavily on the win store for my country for some reason and two: i watched a youtube vis of a guy plahing it and the gameplay system and world ui looked too much like The Crew , which i found boring to the point that i gave away the game to a friend .
Any thoughts on that?

Sent from my SM-N920G using Tapatalk

I think the demo on PC will be released after they resolve the microstutter issue. So maybe next patch ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

lastly.
this game with spotify, a good spotify driving playlist(s) is hands down amazing. beats the in game radio by miles. and the quality is so much better, and my sound card has a headphone amp to drive this sennheisers properly. hm...

Most important feature. Past game's music selection were were cheesier than a fat diabebetic kid's cheeto fingers.

Played quite a lot on PC, really fun game (even though the port is a hot mess right now, very CPU bound). In regards to how it holds up against Driveclub i'd say Horizon is significantly better in terms of shading/texturing of roads, and terrain in general, that part looks stellar! Motion blur is excellent as well and i think the game looks quite a lot better in motion because of it, screenshots don't do it justice. The cloud scape technique is also interesting and i think it works great as well, even though it's not close to the volumetric clouds in Driveclub. The areas where it doesn't hold up is AO (it can look really flat at times), lighting (volumetirc + dynamic gi in DC), in the weather effects and reflections, which are all expected since the game retains the trademark "Forza" look. But i'll say this, the game is much more consistent in how it looks no matter the weather or time of day, it might not look nearly as good as Driveclub at its best but it doesn't look anywhere close to Driveclub at its worst. Really solid effort by Playground, if only the PC port wasn't as half-assed :)

Last edited:
The titled just made me think about MS's cloud promises. Something like the Cloud computing clouds would've worked just fine, but it's simpler and easier and cheaper to just film the things!

Screenshots of said roads
forzahorizon39_30_201vssd1.jpg

forzahorizon39_30_2016csc0.jpg

Really detailed (this is with "Ultra" textures)! Foliage shading also reminds me of Beauclair from Witcher :)

I was hesitant about this title because I didn't like FH2 as much(I finished it, but this game is much more enjoyable for some reason), but this game on PC is really fun, with.

Does it play more like the first game? I didn't get the 2nd one.

Does it play more like the first game? I didn't get the 2nd one.

Plays a bit different. Not quite like the 2nd. It's a better game than the 2nd. But it's still an open world racer. But it's implemented better

So what does open-world racer mean compared to the first game? I was fine with just driving around and going to events.

So what does open-world racer mean compared to the first game? I was fine with just driving around and going to events.

Pretty much it. Yea. Lol same as the first then. Polish and flow is better this time around. I like the circuits more. Environment is really nice to drive around in. One second you're in desert, the next a rain forest. And then there's cities etc. It's a lot of different and varying things happening in the game. And there are more quests made for each type of racer you are.

I did a thing where I just did street racing against AI cars. And then it opens up a different line of the game which is this underground racing group. Pretty fun.

Environment is really nice to drive around in. One second you're in desert, the next a rain forest.

This. Well designed and varied environments, it never gets boring even if all you do is drive around doing nothing else :)

I also made a Beyond3D club if any of you want to join, club name is "Beyond3D" and the tag B3D.

Last edited:
This. Well designed and varied environments, it never gets boring even if all you do is drive around doing nothing else :)

I also made a Beyond3D club if any of you want to join, club name is "Beyond3D" and the tag B3D.

I've joined the club, but expect we won't get a bigger influx unto the official release for the OS.

OT: Since you have the preview build, are you getting frame-hitching or drops in your games. Particularly if you weren't getting it before in games before this latest preview OS?

Is this an in-game Forza club which is different than the Clubs in the Dashboard Preview program? I ask because there is already a club for Beyond3D at the dashboard level feature that existed since the first day the feature was introduced.

I've joined the club, but expect we won't get a bigger influx unto the official release for the OS.

OT: Since you have the preview build, are you getting frame-hitching or drops in your games. Particularly if you weren't getting it before in games before this latest preview OS?

I'm an insider but i have the latest stable version installed (14393.222). I can't say that i observe any hitching in games but Forza Horizon 3 is very cpu limited if you unlock the framerate, it seems to like the CPU0 a lot.
Is this an in-game Forza club which is different than the Clubs in the Dashboard Preview program? I ask because there is already a club for Beyond3D at the dashboard level feature that existed since the first day the feature was introduced.

Yep just a Forza in-game club

I'm an insider but i have the latest stable version installed (14393.222). I can't say that i observe any hitching in games but Forza Horizon 3 is very cpu limited if you unlock the framerate, it seems to like the CPU0 a lot.

Ahhh...the version I have is 14393.2075

Hopefully the hitches get fixed when the stable OS launches for everyone. It's really annoying when playing mp Halo 5---I've lost a few kills in SWAT due to it...lol

Played quite a lot on PC, really fun game (even though the port is a hot mess right now, very CPU bound). In regards to how it holds up against Driveclub i'd say Horizon is significantly better in terms of shading/texturing of roads, and terrain in general, that part looks stellar! Motion blur is excellent as well and i think the game looks quite a lot better in motion because of it, screenshots don't do it justice. The cloud scape technique is also interesting and i think it works great as well, even though it's not close to the volumetric clouds in Driveclub. The areas where it doesn't hold up is AO (it can look really flat at times), lighting (volumetirc + dynamic gi in DC), in the weather effects and reflections, which are all expected since the game retains the trademark "Forza" look. But i'll say this, the game is much more consistent in how it looks no matter the weather or time of day, it might not look nearly as good as Driveclub at its best but it doesn't look anywhere close to Driveclub at its worst. Really solid effort by Playground, if only the PC port wasn't as half-assed :)
Is there any way to buy this game other than that Windows Game store? That thing is just.....i dunno. Even origin and Uplay feel better. Why not put it on Steam? is there any plans of this coming to Steam?

Back