Battlefield 1

Call me skeptical but I'm not sure this game will have the same staying power as BF3 or BF4. First person shooters have been built around aim-down-the-sights gunplay over the last decade. How many WW1 guns even had ironsights let alone scopes?

Outside snipers rifle, how much weapons had ironsight on the WW2, Vietnam (AK47 - M16 ), etc... Its only recently that standard soldier have scope, ironsight ( and not all ). Remember BF3 vietnam addon. I have finally more play this one that original ( ? ). This should not be so much different with it.

Im sowewhat sure that some realism will be be put down ( in WW1, aircraft was incredibly slow, weapoons was terrible to use ), weapons reload and other should be too more quick and easy that in reality at this time. I will wait to see what it give, but look more for me like it will more be closer to a BF:1942, or COD series in WW2 than a WW1 simulator. ( hopefully )

That clip looks really good, but until known otherwise will probably run at 720P on XBO nerfing it.
I believe battlefield 4, battlefield Hardline and Battlefront all ran at 720 on XBO. I don't see how it would change with this game.

Outside snipers rifle, how much weapons had ironsight on the WW2, Vietnam (AK47 - M16 ), etc... Its only recently that standard soldier have scope, ironsight ( and not all ). Remember BF3 vietnam addon. I have finally more play this one that original ( ? ). This should not be so much different with it.

Im sowewhat sure that some realism will be be put down ( in WW1, aircraft was incredibly slow, weapoons was terrible to use ), weapons reload and other should be too more quick and easy that in reality at this time. I will wait to see what it give, but look more for me like it will more be closer to a BF:1942, or COD series in WW2 than a WW1 simulator. ( hopefully )
If anything WW1 aircraft being incredibily slow would actually make the flying more believable in battlefield. It's not realistic to be able to fly around maps that size in modern day fighter jets that fly at Mach 2..in real life you'd zoom past the entire map in a second.

If anything WW1 aircraft being incredibily slow would actually make the flying more believable in battlefield. It's not realistic to be able to fly around maps that size in modern day fighter jets that fly at Mach 2..in real life you'd zoom past the entire map in a second.

Thats true.

I just hope this time they have fix the colision problem.. i remember BC2 was sometimes a nightmare when they was trees, concrete block all around. Trying to jump in all direction for unstuck .

Yeah I remember telling teammates to RPG me to unstuck.

Where's the game footage? all we got was a trailer? What was the whole "event" about then?

Trailer does look good and after Battelfront we know it can look good at 900p60fps. Hardline looked real bad though. Hope the mai DICE with Repi works on this one.

like the old setting.

Lame name , btw, did they learn nothing from XBox1?
Finally I will be buying a Battlefiend again after skipping Hardline and Battlefront.

I hope DICE LA makes the SP and DICE @repi makes the MP for it. and I hope we won't have to wait till E3 for actual game footage !

Trailer looks good, like the WW1 setting.

I'm interested to see how much better than BF4 they can get it looking on PS4/XB1.

Don't expect anything different than 720p/900p, of course the Neo version and whatever the next Xbox ends up being will probably be running the game at 1080p60.

Thats fine but a proper BF game with Star Wars BF graphics would be heaven anyways !

Judging by these screens they are not using photogrametry (at least not in the way they did for BF)
SfUbyn9.jpg

H9HDjjE.jpg

L5q1JLA.jpg

syHrepX.jpg

That is understandable though, given the setting and scope of the game. I prefer destruction to pretty static graphics like in Battlefront :D

Back