Battlefield 1

Discussion in 'Console Gaming' started by Jupiter, May 5, 2016.

1. Pixel

Regular

Wow, so I take it this a remake of the 1st Battlefield on the Philips Videopac (aka Magnavox Odyssey 2)?

RenegadeRocks likes this.
  2. pjbliverpool

pjbliverpool B3D Scallywag
    Legend

I'm leaning towards a 1080 but I'm still undecided depending on final performance. If the 1070 doesn't end up at least as fast as the TitanX then I'll probably go with the 1080. I'll also likely update my CPU but I've no idea what too at the moment. I hate the fact that the 'E' range is effectively 2 generations behind the standard desktop parts. (Kabylake will be released not long after Broadwell E).

3. Clukos

Clukos Bloodborne 2 when?
    Veteran Newcomer

You can probably overclock the 1070 to hell and back and surpass Tx performance. If Pascal is in any way similar to Maxwell in terms of overclocking it will be piss easy. I'm running my 970 at 1.5ghz core clock since day 1 without altering voltage whatsoever...

4. milk

Veteran Regular

That has to be the most thorough remasters of this gen. Absolutely every asset has been reworked, with dynamic lighing, post-processing, pbr and all other cool stuff. Hope they allow you to jump back and forth from the original like in Halo Aniversary for comparisons.

RenegadeRocks and Pixel like this.
  5. bunge

Regular Newcomer

Did someone mention Uncharted 4? I thought I saw that somewhere....

Pixel likes this.
  6. RenegadeRocks

Legend

thread lock incoming ! :runaway: cos Drake looks sexier than the zepellin gazing guy !

7. orangpelupa

orangpelupa Elite Bug Hunter
    Legend Veteran

I don't have gun, I never know real gun in real life except from my dad's story about his dad at war...

Even than, that gun you showed. Wow it's beauty really reached me. Now I miss my last word in destiny.

8. jlippo

Veteran Regular

Considering that you can optimize other passes to use less samples and can help to resolve image into higher res buffer, I would say that TAA has some very nice advantages for low resolutions.

9. TEEDA

Regular

More infos

[​IMG]

10. Scott_Arm

Legend

Destruction more like Bad Company 2? My body and mind are ready.

RenegadeRocks and orangpelupa like this.
  11. NRP

NRP
    Veteran

Heh,
    I remember slapping C4 on that RC helicopter drone, flying it into a room full of campers, and bringing the whole thing down on their asses. BFBC2 was friggin awesome.

RenegadeRocks and Scott_Arm like this.
  12. deathindustrial

Regular

As far as destruction goes, I'll believe it when I see it.

I want this game to be good but DICE deserves zero trust after what they have done with the last two Battlefield iterations, especially with respects to the game working properly at all at release. BF4 was functionally a barely working early access game on consoles with it remaining in the that state for at least the first year and a half. Instead of focusing on fixing their broken game, they released DLC which compounds the scumminess of their behaviour. I am not really sure if they ever fixed the game fully or if it is just that the population went down enough to mask their poorly functioning software.

Billy Idol and milk like this.
  13. Silent_Buddha

Legend

While I'd normally be the first to jump on the hate EA bandwagon and it would be good for consumer perception if all bugs were fixed before new content (DLC) was released, however, the reality isn't so easy to define.

First, the people doing the DLC aren't the people responsible for fixing the bugs. By and large they will be level designers and personnel related to asset creation. In other words, they can't help fix the bugs.

That means that unless you want to fire those people, they have to be doing something. And the only thing they can do is create additional content (DLC).

In the past (and even presently with games that don't do DLC), you hire content creators (level designers, asset creators, etc.) after prototyping and then fire them or lay them off near the end of the project. So your content creation team would basically be like seasonal employees. Only while they are laid off, they might find work at another studio and be unavailable for your next project. So content creation teams could vary greatly from project to project within a company.

Among other things DLC allows them to mitigate that somewhat by keeping them employed full time (assuming DLC does well enough to continue creating and releasing it until the next project needs content creators).

Perhaps they could have delayed the DLC until the bugs were fixed. But that does nothing. The bugs still wouldn't get fixed any quicker. And you run the risk of people getting bored with the game if there is no new content. They could release the DLC for free (like some MMORPGs). But another thing about DLC is that it helps deal with the increasing costs of game development even while games are now cheaper than they ever have been in the history of gaming. If they can't generate revenue from DLC, and they can't increase the price of games to at least match inflation, they are going to be in trouble. MMORPGs can release periodic free content because they have a constant revenue stream. Stand alone games don't have that luxury.

Ideally a game will only release when it's finished and bug free. Unfortunately few developers or publishers have the luxury of doing that. On the PC small developers get around this via Early Access, which allows them to start selling the game despite it still being in development and being in an unfinished state.

Large developers that mainly release on console do the same thing but don't call it Early Access. They call it releasing the game (The latest Street Fighter and Hitman games are prime examples of what should have been called an Early Access release).

Regards,
    SB

orangpelupa likes this.
  14. (((interference)))

Veteran

Some of the new mechanics/features sound pretty interesting:
    https://www.vg247.com/2016/05/07/battlefield-1-heres-five-things-you-need-to-know/

RenegadeRocks and orangpelupa like this.
  15. Akumajou

Regular

That and the minimum online multiplayer maps should be 64 player capable designs.

No more of this 6 versus 6 CoD war is a joke theme in games...war isn't really fun...and while the videogames should be an escape into fantasy there should be a real sense of danger instead of the joke of surviving a grenade twelve feet away or hiding behind an indestructible wooden or glass or brick door wall thing.

16. Phil

Phil wipEout bastard
    Veteran

I actually like 6 by 6. The big scale battles were always a bit much for me to be honest. Fun when you are playing with people you know and in a coordinated way, not however if everyone is playing for himself, doesn't care for the objectives and plays it like a TDM game. These people should keep playing 6 vs 6 matches, so they don't clog up the matches where people actually want to combat each other with planes and grandscale warfare.

17. iroboto

iroboto Daft Funk
    Legend Regular Subscriber

Some teasers for tomorrows reveal

and

#117 iroboto, Jun 11, 2016
    Last edited: Jun 11, 2016
  18. Scott_Arm

Legend

19. Jupiter

Veteran Newcomer

I loved the gameplay after the show. The trailer was well made too.

20. Nesh

Nesh Double Agent
    Legend

I haven idea what is going on in that game

Scott_Arm likes this.