The Finals [PS5, XBSX|S, PC]

techuse

Veteran

Developed by Embark studios with many ex-Dice employees who worked on Battlefield before the franchise was ruined. It’s a F2P 1st person shooter where 4 teams of 3 have to complete an objective. No release date and it’s unclear how representative of a final product this it but it looks incredibly fun. They have finally managed server side destruction. Is this an industry first?

Last edited:
Tried this out a bit earlier! Liking what I'm seeing. An Unreal Engine game with essentially no shader comp stutter (in my experience)

That's to be expected considering Repi and the other fine ex-DICE folks take a lot of pride in their work.

Tried this out a bit earlier! Liking what I'm seeing. An Unreal Engine game with essentially no shader comp stutter (in my experience)

That's to be expected considering Repi and the other fine ex-DICE folks take a lot of pride in their work.
Is it NDA protected against posting media?

I was in the alphas. It's a fun game. Already even back then it was in a good place technically. I can imagine by launch it's going to be pretty polished.

What a pretty and stylish game this is.

I'm terrible at shooters though, so feel a bit guilty lumbering random people with me as a team mate. :)

I can't play lol, steam has been stuck in spinning steam logo since a few days ago.

I wonder if someone pirates it for private server or something. Want to try to play....

The move to UE is unfortunate. The stuttering never stops and makes a game like this unplayable for me. Every bit of destruction causes a stutter. Every grenade that goes off causes a stutter. Nearly any action any player does other than firing their weapon causes a stutter. There is even what seems like traversal stutter despite the map being extremely small.

finally got to play it

• looks great, but confusing to play (it escchews the usual design norms where targets/objectives sticks outs like sore thumb)
  • very weird gun feel. as if it was originally designed for mouse control, and simply added with gamepad contrl
  • the movements are halfway above cod/bf and below titanfall

Back