Battlefield 1

Dammit Dice, i said to myself i won't buy this day 1 because of the BF4 mess but this setting and the scope of the game is just so much better than i expected...

I'll probably get it day 1 :neutral:

Not to my knowledge, no. There are rumors pointing to June (as there were rumors pointing to April availability), but why would rumors supplant official statements from Micron?

You're right, it's not out in June. They announced availability last night on May 27th. Using Micron GDDR5X. No Battlefield 5 gameplay tie in though unfortunately.

You're right, it's not out in June. They announced availability last night on May 27th. Using Micron GDDR5X. No Battlefield 5 gameplay tie in though unfortunately.
I know you might have enjoyed this "I got you back!" moment, but you'll only know if it was a paper launch after the fact.
Maybe it'll be available for the general public that same day, or maybe it will be only for reviewers and a dozen of pre-orders, with volume only coming in June (or later).

Finally got to watch this on a big screen, honestly not too excited with the WWI setting, was much hoping for WWII but hey at least it's something fresh. The in engine footage did nothing for me as they're obviously not representative for console gameplay quality. I laugh at the claim of representative of Xbone gameplay when we all know the final product will be 720p with aliasing:rolleyes:, can't wait to see the Neo version at some point if ever.

I think Dice implemented TAA, not sure if you can see that in the trailer but Mirror's Edge Catalyst definitely has some sort of TAA, so i expect it to be better than Battlefront in terms of jaggies, but also a bit more blurry as well.

Notice the jittering around moving objects here for example
jpg

Telltale sign of TAA. I expect that to transfer to Battlefield 1 honestly.

I think Dice implemented TAA, not sure if you can see that in the trailer but Mirror's Edge Catalyst definitely has some sort of TAA, so i expect it to be better than Battlefront in terms of jaggies, but also a bit more blurry as well.
The benefit of TAA for a 720p or even 900p game might not be nearly as big as for a native 1080p game, the last thing a sub native game need is more blur, is thegame confirmed to be 60fps for consoles?

How many WW1 guns even had ironsights let alone scopes?
Almost all of the rifles and many other weapons as well. Iron sights date back to when rifled barrels improved ranged accuracy - so the 1800s.

Looks dope as heck. However, I like the face models and skin rendering in COD better than this one.

Skin shader looks plastic as hell, the specularity is so off but character modelling has never been Dice' strong suit.

You and I have similar setups, you going for the 1080 or the 1070?

Outside snipers rifle, how much weapons had ironsight on the WW2, Vietnam (AK47 - M16 ), etc... Its only recently that standard soldier have scope, ironsight ( and not all ). Remember BF3 vietnam addon. I have finally more play this one that original ( ? ). This should not be so much different with it.

Im sowewhat sure that some realism will be be put down ( in WW1, aircraft was incredibly slow, weapoons was terrible to use ), weapons reload and other should be too more quick and easy that in reality at this time. I will wait to see what it give, but look more for me like it will more be closer to a BF:1942, or COD series in WW2 than a WW1 simulator. ( hopefully )

Ummm, what?

Guns had iron sights long before WWI. Practically every gun did. The Winchester 30-30 from the 1800's even had an iron sight that the user could adjust for range. I know since I used my grandfather's old US Calvary issue Winchester 30-30 long rifle (relatively rare since most US Calvary issued 30-30s were carbines) as a hunting rifle when I was a teenager.

It is extremely rare to have any cartridge based firearm not have iron sights no matter when it was made.

Heck, most flintlock rifles dating back to the 1600-1700s had some form of iron sights, some of them even had range adjustable iron sights as well. They were quite rare on flintlock pistols, however.

Here's a Russian design from 1654 with iron sights. It's beautiful. :)

Drevnosti_RG_v3_ill111_-_Rifle_of_Alexei_Mikhailovich.jpg

Regards,
SB

Back