The Finals [PS5, XBSX|S, PC]

The move to UE is unfortunate. The stuttering never stops and makes a game like this unplayable for me. Every bit of destruction causes a stutter. Every grenade that goes off causes a stutter. Nearly any action any player does other than firing their weapon causes a stutter. There is even what seems like traversal stutter despite the map being extremely small.
I wasn't having that problem last beta, I remember firing up afterburner to check framerate because movement felt weird but the frametime graph was pretty flat.

The move to UE is unfortunate. The stuttering never stops and makes a game like this unplayable for me. Every bit of destruction causes a stutter. Every grenade that goes off causes a stutter. Nearly any action any player does other than firing their weapon causes a stutter. There is even what seems like traversal stutter despite the map being extremely small.

I don't have constant stuttering like that, but I have a fairly good cpu now. Game is probably cpu heavy. Don't know what they're recommending as minimum.

There's shader compilation stutter for sure. I changed my graphics settings and got some stutters.

On a positive note, the graphics setting menu is transparent so you can see your changes in real-time. It also has a nice little framerate, frametime (cpu, gpu) and gpu utilization monitor on the settings screen. So @Dictator must be having some influence ;) It also supports all of the different upscale methods.

beta was very good. The game still needs a little tightening up but it feels very good to play. The mode is fun, and it has a lot of tactical options and a high skill ceiling. My main worry is that being free to play they have to find a way to get people to spend money. I think the graphics are good, and the map designs are great, but the cosmetics are not something I'd spend money on. They're really going to have to ramp up the skins to get people to pay. Primarily they need the gun skins to be fantastic, because it's the main thing you see while you're playing.

I imagine people that gets confused with BF would get confused with the finals too. And those that are not confused with BF Are okay with TF too.

BF and TF have very similar design in term of directing players visual attention, and the engagement area level design.

I imagine people that gets confused with BF would get confused with the finals too. And those that are not confused with BF Are okay with TF too.

BF and TF have very similar design in term of directing players visual attention, and the engagement area level design.

Beta had 7.5 million players or something like that, so the game should be fine as long as they can keep their attention and convince a good chunk of them to spend money on skins etc. The skins part is what I'm worried about. They have to be really good.

Back