Tom Clancy's The Division [PS4, XO]

The freedom to exploit the map and various objects is awesome in this game.

Hopefully ubisoft did not patch any of those. It's my fun to engage however I want. And the map design itself seems encourage this kind of play.

It's frigging annoying in Destiny when bungie keeps patching out any fun I have simply because 'that is not in line with our vision'.

Your vision my ass bungie. This is a game I bought. And now here ubisoft brings the division that encourage that kind of play.

Edit:
Tips for better battle experience : don't kill the enemies too fast, as soon as they spawn from their cave. Let them roam a bit.

You bugger, you will make me buy it , you !

What I liked in the beta was the skills, like the turret, health pack etc (same for UC4 beta). That made us talk and work together on harder missions. I like when a game does that.

I'm loving The Division! I'm definitely a sucker for these games that rely on beefing up your character. Here's what my character so far:

yGdZqy.png

Anybody else feels the story presentation flat?

No grand scene, no bombastic or moody set pieces.

The only refreshing thing is the echo inside a few story mission

Anybody else feels the story presentation flat?

No grand scene, no bombastic or moody set pieces.

The only refreshing thing is the echo inside a few story mission

Have you visited the Intel menu and watch any of video footage you may have picked up along the way. The police dash cam and subway camera footage are well done and really sets up the mood and the background story at least for me.

Have you visited the Intel menu and watch any of video footage you may have picked up along the way. The police dash cam and subway camera footage are well done and really sets up the mood and the background story at least for me.

but its not a gameplay, its just a non interactive scene and in this case, a video :(

what i mean on my previous comment, are those that we experience while in the gameplay. not outside of it.

but its not a gameplay, its just a non interactive scene and in this case, a video :(

what i mean on my previous comment, are those that we experience while in the gameplay. not outside of it.

I see what you mean but I'll add that l found the videos that I found more compelling than the echos in terms of setting the mood and immersing me into the game.

You can call me biased but this video from a well known destiny community guy Briar Rabbit, a Destiny players view of The Division, solidified my feelings towards The Division

He does mention and I agree, the great thing about the Division is the matchmaking (although he mentions nobody talks and lots drop out). I expect/hope Destiny will be copying this type of thing for Destiny 2.

And for all that, with no raid, it seems like this is a game without an endgame.

You can call me biased but this video from a well known destiny community guy Briar Rabbit, a Destiny players view of The Division, solidified my feelings towards The Division

He does mention and I agree, the great thing about the Division is the matchmaking (although he mentions nobody talks and lots drop out). I expect/hope Destiny will be copying this type of thing for Destiny 2.

And for all that, with no raid, it seems like this is a game without an endgame.
There are raids. It's coming as the first major content upgrade.

Gives lots of people time to explore the dark zones until the end game is ready. Destiny had the same issue too. As did WoW and most MMOs.

Sweet lord what in the name of? Hahahha how ??

I've been grinding the game since it released with some of my buddies. I ship out to bootcamp this Monday so I have a lot of time on my hands until then. We just kept doing all the encounters and what-not.

And you're also going to have to develop a bad side and start slaying players in the Dark Zone. I know it might seem like you're being a douche for killing players who don't bother you, but if you want to get all the good loot and DZ currency, go Rogue. And if you're with a couple of friends, get a manhunt going. And as you go higher in rank, the more better loot the NPCs will drop in the DZ.

Why people keeps praising the matchmaking?

It's like Destiny. You go to a mission, select matchmaking.

You meet anyone in the game , you can instantly join without any loading, pulling out etc. It was so good in the Beta ! I guess thats what is special over destiny. you do not feel alone if ur friends aren't around.

Weird, my the division always loading when joining in and out in PvE.

In PvP dark zone it's hit or miss. Sometime it need loading sometimes it doesn't matter

man I Subway Morgue glitched twice last night. Couldn't complete the mission twice now

I bought the digital version Saturday specifically for playing in co-op. Played a few side missions & one main mission & it was pretty good. Probably a bit more RPG than I like. Just way too many options for your character & items to keep track of. At least it gives you an easy way to see if your new loot is better than what you are using. Anyway, I still had a good time & I can see how it can get better. Not sure I would play this solo though. It would probably need to shed the cover system & change to first person, but then it would just be Destiny set in New York.

As Scott says the detail is amazing. What's less than amazing though is the lack of interaction with that environment. I love open-world games, but I sure wished the developers would scale interaction with that world along with the artwork.

P.S. Anybody else find it funny that you can't holster your weapon? You always have your weapon ready & it always scares away the civilians. LOL

Tommy McClain

I've played it now for a few hours and enjoyed it for the most parts.

But my main issue is the bad graphical UI experience for just technical reasons. Too small texts and symbols also too small which makes them not easily visible. If you need to use the Radar to find any supply than actual visibility in the game world something is wrong. Maybe these design decisions are ok when you sit in front of the monitor but on a big screen? It feels more technical than natural exploring this type of game should be.

I'm also not impressed about the cover mechanics and movement implementation. How can a 2-3 year older game like Splinter Cell Blacklist from the *same* company feel so superior? Don't get me wrong here. I don't think these aspects are "bad" in the game but if you have a clearly superior implementation why not use that as an inspiration?

I'm still below level10 so the perks might improve these gameplay elements.

The game world itself feels really great with a lot atmosphere.

Back