AMD GPU14 Tech Day Event - Sept 25'th

It could be NDA'd as this seems like it's AMD's big secret but as you said i doubt it. It'd make shape not nearly as big of a deal as it was though if it did.

So the 260X is based on a new GPU, probably Curaçao.

Incidentally, the "Fire Strike" score they quote for the 260X is about bang on the same speed as the HD 7790.

Seems very weird to refresh that low/mid-end card again wile leaving all the other ones untouched...

I'm guessing this is a rebrand/respin as well and that the capabilities for whatever that audio stuff is was always there.

Not sure how it relates to xb1, though if xb1 acts the same it would be interesting if they use your living room to run calculation for reverb, etc.

Can't "spot" anything special on the 2 channel audio demos. And I own two studio monitors which I found to be most excellent at rendering the spacial information of sounds. Or maybe that's just it and the stuff gets noticed more easily with lower grade speakers.

Yeah, fellix maybe right. It's kinda sad then.

Can't "spot" anything special on the 2 channel audio demos. And I own two studio monitors which I found to be most excellent at rendering the spacial information of sounds. Or maybe that's just it and the stuff gets noticed more easily with lower grade speakers.

The stream is apparently mono despite what the presenter thought

You are listnening it from a internet browser.. not from a direct processing.

I dont know how act the Active speaker you own for it right now. On my 2:1 Corsair, i can say, this work really good. I have 2 Yamaha active for my music studio, i will try them later ( when my headache is gone )

Actually I find this really interesting.
As a side note, MSFT should have hired the guy to present the xb1 capability.

Last edited by a moderator:
Just a random thought - is it possible that rather than just another Tahiti, 280X would be CI-updated variant of it (Which was rumoured for long to be released)?

OK, the reverb thing is kind of cool. Walking into a church in a game and seamlessly getting the right kind of reverb would be a nice improvement to immersion.

For R9 chip being such a groundbreaking graphics milestone - as AMD claims anyway - they're spending an awful awful lot of time on sound. Super weird.

I'm a little puzzled that r9-270x seems to be a rebrand (pitcain), since it's without the audio. Is curacao really that slow (and close to bonaire)..

Back