AMD GPU14 Tech Day Event - Sept 25'th

Dave Baumann

Gamerscore Wh...
Legend
I'll reserve this thread here for discussion of the GPU14 tech day event on Sept 25'th, for discussion of the announcements and details brought forth. You can follow commentary to your popular tech sites, though a full live stream will be available here:

http://www.livestream.com/amdlivestream

Unfortunately I won't be at the event as we've just had another child and its a bit unfair to my wife leaving her with a newborn and a rampant two year old! :) I'll be manning the Desktop GPU fort at the office while the others are doing the event(s).

Congrats on the newborn Dave.

Concerning the stream; Will the stream be on time or will it start Sony-Style? :D

Haha... I like how I accidentally turned a company event/announcement thread into a personal announcement.

congrats-5.gif
Dave!

They are throwing Tahiti into that price range, the most you can hope for is some tweaks.

Some rumors say they're introducing a new chip called Curaçao to replace Pitcairn. I don't know if it can actually match Tahiti, but it might come somewhat close.

So will we find out the difference between DirectX 11.1 & DirectX 11.2 Hardware at this event?

PS: Congratulations on the new baby.

congratulations for the baby, I hope that you will not call him R9 290X :D

no seriously, 8 months ago my second child was born and I know how you feel happy ;)

Congrats for your baby. Your work will accumulate exponentially!.

You guys should have made a nod to the mighty 9800 pro. The best architecture ever should have been carried ( in any part of the name ) the name of the second best architecture ever. When i read R9 it remembers me the famous Renault model of the 80´s and that´s a good thing. It would have been perfect R9-9800 pro.

Back