Health, Food and Exercise thread

I am swimming!!! The best thing I have done in my life for personal health.
For now is 1 mile fitness training 3 times a week.
Plane to improve performance and technique during 2017.

http://www.health.harvard.edu/family-health-guide/take-the-plunge-for-your-heart
My back/neck issues seems to benefit greatly from my swim practices, I wonder if I should try to do some endurance training, I tried 800m in one go once but it has been a while. I've leaned toward technical advancemennt a little too much, I can swim all four strokes now (5 if you account for dolphin kick and whole body dolphin) . I just started toying with backstroke, I dislike it but I'm actually now that bad.

One mile three time a week is pretty great in my book, what are you time on a 100m basis?

Last edited:
I am a beginner still learning the swim techniques :)
My swim workout takes 50 minutes. The last time I did 1900 meters with a mix of strokes (some using fins or paddles) and some rest.
I calculate an average of 2:36 min for 100m (rest included). Plan to rise it to 2400 meters in less than one year.

Maybe you should try some resistance band for trapezius and some plank exercise too.

I clocked myself south of 26 minutes on 1500m freestyle today (that is 1'44" /100M), I'm quite happy as I had some room to further excert myself and I'm losing time during the turns (whereas seasoned swimmers win time here). I'm pretty happy it is coming together :)
I target 1.30s sometime this summer.

Last edited:
For exercise I thoughtfully recommend the Cindy Crawford workout video
Only had it a couple of weeks and I can already feel the muscles on my right arm ........

I clocked myself south of 26 minutes on 1500m freestyle today (that is 1'44" /100M), I'm quite happy as I had some room to further excert myself and I'm losing time during the turns (whereas seasoned swimmers win time here). I'm pretty happy it is coming together :)
I target 1.30s sometime this summer.
Congratulations!!!

Not bragging, but when we went to Red Rocks a few weeks ago we were 10 miles high and I was running up and down the stairs just because I could! Didn't even wind me! :O

2 years ago when I went there I had to stop every 30 yards or so just on the path up to the stadium, it was a weird and wonderful difference. :D

Back