DriveClub by Evolution Studios [PS4]

Is it confirmed that we can drive using the motion sensors on the controller? And does it work any better than on any of the older games where it just didn't work? I missed a lot (most) of the racing games on PS3 so I've been asking myself for a little while now.

Yes and apparently yes. As for PS3, I played the Motorstorms with sixaxis, only switching to analog stick for the bikes. Few if any other games have supported it.

I agree 1980s technology is a lousy way to share video, but how easy is it to make an HTML or alternative vid clip that plays in a browser and can be embedded? At least we've gotten to a point where people aren't embedding them in forum posts. ;)
very easy
see the link in my sig theres a clip there, a bit jerky because of the videocapture (HD nearly full and not defragged)

<video autoplay="autoplay" loop>
<source src="vid1.mp4" type="video/mp4" />
</video>

works on chrome/firefox/internet explorer

If ppl are gonna do this you're not gonna want to convert from gif -> vid but originalsrc->vid

very easy
see the link in my sig theres a clip there, a bit jerky because of the videocapture (HD nearly full and not defragged)

<video autoplay="autoplay" loop>
<source src="vid1.mp4" type="video/mp4" />
</video>

works on chrome/firefox/internet explorer

If ppl are gonna do this you're not gonna want to convert from gif -> vid but originalsrc->vid
So any h.264 MP4 will just play? Pretty straightforward then!

So any h.264 MP4 will just play? Pretty straightforward then!
yes theres really no valid reason for gif's to still be used
10x large file for something that looks worse is braindead, GIF just needs to die I assume the only reason ppl use its is
A/ nostalgia
B/ they dont know any better

There are probably no embedding options for MP4 on Neogaf or something ... ;)
Besides that, it wasn't that long ago the big browsers had no overlap in the video formats they supported, with license issues depending on what platform you were on as well.

Off topic but gif's are still very much around because there's a gazillion funny/omg/epic/whatever else ready to be used. And I love them. But never understood why use them for gaming videos.

Off topic but gif's are still very much around because there's a gazillion funny/omg/epic/whatever else ready to be used. And I love them. But never understood why use them for gaming videos.
They can all be replaced. But it will take a frickin' age. .png was around, I dunno, over a decade, before it finally really replaced .gif.

I just got confirmation that finally my DC copy (still my preorder PS4 bonus) is on its way and should arrive tomorrow :cool:

I must admit, although no Motorstorm...I am still excited.

I presume that PS+ Edition will be structured in that way so that it builds PlayGo section of the full game. All India tracks and 10 cars.

Back