DriveClub by Evolution Studios [PS4]

ok what's wrong with PSN ?
I preordered the game last week
I tried to see if the game would preload all last evening without success
I boot up my ps4 this morning before going to work, and the game was like I had never preordered it at all, I had to preorder again, and even then the game won't preload :devilish:
I hope they won't charge me two times for this.

technical question:

how do volumetric clouds work ? Is it the same technique as dust effects ?
if they'd make a motorstorm game, by removing volumetric clouds, could they make dust effects that could look like those seen in that E3 2005 target render ?

If I was making new Motorstorm/Wipeout game using DC engine, I would rip out not only volumetric clouds, but also TOD effects and dynamic weather.

Driveclub is the product every jaded reviewer is going to hate because its just a standard racing game

I think reviewers are going to rate it lower in every aspect than horizon. Maybe even hugely so. Weather wont be at launch so currently so graphics wise its hard to give anything special over horizon aside that it dosent have obvious pop-in but it has more aliasing

It was so easy to predict sadly..

It was so easy to predict sadly..

Don't really see why anyone would predict that unless deep down he's sort of expecting to find a rather boiler plate racer underneath all the technical sheen himself to be honest.

That's kinda where I'm at at the moment. It's a remarkably pretty game. It also looks remarkably devoid of personality compared to the studio's last gen efforts. But then I'm also a guy who's legitimately disappointed that cars didn't start flying in 2014 like Back To The Future 2 predicted, so what do I know.

Wonder what they'd give it if they sampled the full 'connected' experience?

A few reviews mentioned few of the multiplayer features had the numbers online to actually judge how good it was.

^having working multiplayer in your racing game isn't some unique selling point you'd have over your competition, so I doubt it would have scored an awful lot higher then.

^having working multiplayer in your racing game isn't some unique selling point you'd have over your competition, so I doubt it would have scored an awful lot higher then.

No, but when you build your game on that premise, and it's not really working when the game is reviewed, any score could be unfair. If the community isn't there that you have tied some "fun" elements too, then it's not going to get good reviews.

No one said it was a unique selling point over the competition either, it is however a major part of the game, they haven't really reviewed aside from a couple of challenges that popped up.

I am not making a case that the reviews are wrong, as I haven't really like any of their games since the WRC licence went. Motorstorm 1 was OK, owned all the others through PSN+ giveaways and a platinum purchase, but didn't do much more than a few races in them because they didn't excite me at all, even the last one that looked amazing.

Anyway, pre-order remains, I need an racer to tide me over until GT 7 can monopolies my time.

It's amazing how jaded reviewers are with everything Sony. Unless it's changing gaming like Demon's Souls, it gets crushed in reviews.

It's amazing how the newer NFS games get passes easily. Sony could release a similar game, just like this, and it will be thrown to the dirt lol.

Just waiting for this game and NBA 2K15 to show up in the mail, can't wait, great day for gaming today :)

Want to get Alien Isolation as well... but couldn't bring myself to 3 games at full price in one day hehe. Another game with mixed reviews that just tells me I'll enjoy it even more :D

It's amazing how jaded reviewers are with everything Sony. Unless it's changing gaming like Demon's Souls, it gets crushed in reviews.

Uncharted didn't change gaming, God of War didn't change gaming. Killzone and Infamous didn't change gaming either (and Second Son simply wasn't as good and fully featured as its two prequels were) They all got very good if not excellent reviews, in many case snatching away the GotY awards from the truly innovative and forward thinking games like Demon's Souls.

Back