Sony Vita Games Thread

I think HM is nearly impossible to play with the tiny analog sticks on the Vita. This is a game that demands speed and precision. Kinda like an old-school pc fps like Quake 3. Feels like playing Rocket vs Rail on the Vita.
It's still kinda fun, but I never feel like I'm in control here. When I beat a level it feels less like a skillful accomplishment than it does like a lucky break.

I have had no problems till now, although i am in the first stages of the game. Its a game that certainly demands skill and i can see someone prefering M+K or the DS3 to play it. And the charm of playing it with headphones and in that OLED screen ( and the frame rate is also great ) is a big factor to play the Vita version IMHO. After all, is cross-buy, you can go to play it with PS3 and the DS3 if are not confortable with the controls.

I have had no problems till now, although i am in the first stages of the game..

And that's probably why. I'm on stage 5 now (I think). I think there are 10 stages in total. That game gets hard later on. Like really fucking hard. But maybe it is just me. Not saying this couldn't be the case. At 8€ you haven't much to lose one way or another (and if you're hitting a wall on the Vita you can just switch over to the PS3 version. I'd assume that version is probably more playable.), and it is still quite fun.

I imported Muramasa Rebirth from the US. Now that's the kinda game the Vita was made for. Nothing pops quite like gorgeous 2d Animation on that beautiful Oled screen, and oh boy, is Muramasa ever a gorgeous game. It's also a lot of fun and quite addictive, even though it's not really what I thought it would be. Calling it a jump and run is really pushing it, and it's not exactly something in the vein of a Metroidvania game either. It's really all about combat (which is frantic and quite fun), leveling up your character and forging new demon blades. The story - thanks in no small parts to the passionate Japanese V.O. and an excellent translation - is really enjoyable as well so far.
Muramasa gets my recommendation. Can't wait for Dragon's Crown and Rayman Legends. 2d FTW, especially ont the Vita. Now please, Supergiant Games, release Transistor for the Vita as well.

Definitely looking forward to Muramasa as well. And Rayman Legends. But also definitely looking forward to Killzone ;) Hopefully three time's the charm. I think we're getting Unit 13 soon for free as well, still interested in giving that a shot, see if the score chasing aspect is fun.

Am leaving for a 3-week leisure trip next week. What games should I get for Vita ?

I thought you weren't done yet with Persona 4 Golden? ;)

People on GAF by the way mention they've finished Hotline Miami on Vita, so definitely possible. I think Muramasa is out in the US?

I played Hotline Miami on pc, vita and PS3, I find that its looks and plays best on Vita, the newly added touch lock on works best on it also. PS3 has slight input lag on the char movement, my PC version keeps getting bugged (no sound unless restart). And the game just looks horrible on the bigger screen, while amazing on Vita.

edit: check out velocity ultra if you havent.

Just a question do games on the cartridges loads faster than memory card ? I bought most of my Vita games on PSN. I recently got P4Golden on cartridge and it seems to load alot faster than my other games from memory card.

Also do PSP games on PSN loads faster too on Vita ? I remember there are several RPGs on PSP that had really long loading time that I never got to finish them.

Depends on the memory card. The bigger your memory card, the faster it generally is. My 32GB memory card should be faster than most game carts, but then again I don't know if those get speed-increases as well at some point. Digital Foundry did a test a year ago, showing that a cartridge was faster than a 4GB memory card, but the 16GB memory card I think was faster than the cartridge.

PSP games definitely load and run faster on Vita. Though again of course that depends on partly on how fast your Vita memory card was. And of course many games were played from UMD before (because that difference was already pronounced).

I remember the game cards being ever so slightly faster regardless how big your memory card was. Either way it's by no means a deal breaker, especially not with more recent games. They're all pretty quick to load.

Persona 4 simply loads very fast. This was a PS2 game after all (and a quick loading one at that), and besides giving the resolution a slight bump, Atlus didn't really change a thing.

PSP games should load significantly faster, and in some cases even run quite a bit better (the Prince of Persia games come to mind)

no offense but Atlus changed A LOT with Persona 4 The golden on vita. There was some comparison way back when the game first came out in Japan on neogaf, the difference is quite big. Its just the PS2 level assets that give ppl the impression of being the same thing.

Tried a bit of Ninja Gaiden Sigma+. I'm not particularly fond of it. I've never touched the game on consoles, but It's painfully obvious the game was designed for a framerate twice as high regardless. Other that I'm also having trouble warming up to game which takes itself super serious despite actually being utterly dopey.

I don't think you can get download versions of games outside the PSN environment. As far as I know, the equivalent of the Steam code doesn't exist on consoles yet. At least not for consumers. Vouchers with codes for full game downloads do exist, but you're not going to get your hands on them unless you are a reviews editor or a PR person gifts them to you.

Long story short, it's most likely a game card.

Back