Archive Thread of Screenshots of Ridunkulous Quality and Size [2007-2015]

Status
Not open for further replies.
If by ass, you mean a nicely rounded wobbly thing at the top of a pair of legs then no, I think it looks very sexy too. If not, then yes you probably are alone. What looks bad about it? Have you played it? Screenshots rarely do great looking games justice. The animation, effects and lighting changes all play a big part in this title as well as the texture and geometry quality.

Last edited by a moderator:
The lighting does look great but everything else? Sub-Par compared to other PC games.

Foliage is crappy and not very detailed, Loads of polygon edges and the textures are flat and horrible.

After playing PC games with POM enabled it really does spoil you

You didn't answer if you'd actually played it. Have you?

I don't beleive you're taking into account the great framerates this runs at, the animation, the particle effects, the motion blur and all that.

...and compared to what exactly? Crysis 1/2? Stalker Complete Mod? Metro2033? I've played all of those and while each has better individual elements BF3 as a whole is very good, and in my opinion better because it is a complete package that actually runs very well. Metro can look great, but the framerate is awful if you want it to look great.

Of course you are entitled to your own opinion on what looks good, but 'ass'? really? Just seems a bit like trolling tbh.

You didn't answer if you'd actually played it. Have you?

I don't beleive you're taking into account the great framerates this runs at, the animation, the particle effects, the motion blur and all that.

...and compared to what exactly? Crysis 1/2? Stalker Complete Mod? Metro2033? I've played all of those and while each has better individual elements BF3 as a whole is very good, and in my opinion better because it is a complete package that actually runs very well. Metro can look great, but the framerate is awful if you want it to look great.

Of course you are entitled to your own opinion on what looks good, but 'ass'? really? Just seems a bit like trolling tbh.

Yes I've had a play through of it, Not poured hours and hours into it though.

Considering all the hype I was expecting a lot but in certain aspects ( Textures and polygon budgets ) you can clearly see it's console heritage shining through.

I wouldn't say Metro is that bad on frame rates tbh, My GTX 470's eat it alive with DOF and 4xMSAA enabled.

Capture-1.png

That was stocked clocked GPU's, average jumped to 57fps when overclocked and when I updated the driver my min frame rate trippled.

Hmm, you say 470's as in plural? I only require a single 470 to play BF3 at good settings. Your Metro FPS are dipping down way below 10 several times for extended periods and stutter down to 20 rather a lot more than that. I don't call that particularly playable personally, but the point is if I were to go for settings that netted me even 30fps consistently, it wouldn't be as good looking as BF3, never mind better.

Considering you have two gpus to my one and I get a very steady 40 frames in BF3, and you manage to get to 40FPS when you're lucky, I'd hardly call that an overall win for Metro, would you?

Have you played multiplayer at all or just a quick go on single player? I can't truly believe you've seen what this game has to offer and can truthfully claim that you think 'it looks like ass'.

Do you play with 4xMSAA on with BF3? And 'good'settings is completely different to my fully maxed out settings isn't it?

And as I said, that frame rate is a lot smoother with newer drivers, its also a very tough benchmark that is worse caseand is more staining then pretty much any section the actual game will be.

You can't compare worst case to your typical BF3 frame rates.

My typical in game frame rates are in the 70's and can hit over 100 in certain sections. Out course they drop though just like your frames will drop.

Arbitrary setting nomenclature is absolutely irrelevant. Maxed out doesn't mean a thing. High doesn't mean a thing. I'd have thought regulars posting on this forum would be aware of that. 4xMSAA is nice, unless you have to turn down other settings to compensate that make you miss a lot of other nice features. I'm very glad your SLI rig can play Metro2033 comfortably for you. I'd love to have the opportunity to play it at your settings and your claimed FPS. Gratz.

At 40FPS BF3 to my eyes looks nicer than Metro2033 would at 40FPS on the same hardware, because of the compromises I'd have to make in the settings on Metro. Besides that there is a lot more interactivity. Static screenshots only take you so far. Play BF3 online, if you're able to, and see for yourself.

I've already said that Metro looks nicer in some ways when it's maxxed out. You really don't need to argue that point with me. Now you tell me how you can say that BF3, one of the most lauded games for graphics 'looks like ass'. It's plainly not true. Oh well, you got your attention I suppose.

Well BF3 definitely looks better than Metro at playable settings on my Hardware. Maybe at the very high end (I do consider twin 470s to be very high end) things change, but here in the land of mere mortals I'll take DICE's engine any day.

Also, parallax mapping or whatever they're calling it these days can look great, but it can also be a total waste. I'm playing through Call of Pripyat right now and while the POM can look awesome at times it can also look stupid, like on the edges of buildings where the illusion is completely shattered and they may as well not have bothered. IMHO of course :)

Best implementation of POM (or QDM I think they call it) is in Two Worlds II. They have an awesome algorithm and use it only where it should be used.

I really should listen to myself sometimes.
Well, this only goes to show, yet again, that looks are entirely subjective. Arguing about which looks better out of A & B is fruitless, and frankly we should probably be moderating ourselves a little bit here as this threads gone WAY off topic. For my part in it, I apologise.

Have a screen shot.
oihHa.jpg

Nice CPU cooler Almighty :p
Do you get any condensation issues or you simply clock your CPU so high it doesn't matter?

Back on topic: my copy of BF3 Limited (or Late) Edition has been shipped! HURRAY! :smile:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back