Archive Thread of Screenshots of Ridunkulous Quality and Size [2007-2015]

Status
Not open for further replies.
BF3 running om my E8400 and 4890 stock. Settings are all ultra, terrain medium (doesnt go higher), HBAO, FXAA and 1680x1050. Nice looking game and runs quite fast with some choke points. If change from HBAO to SSAO it pretty much never dips below 30fps and is mostly at 40-50fps. Some levels are mostly 60fps. :eek:

4xMSAA takes me down to 15-25fps and eats to much VRAM.

bf3pc.jpg

bf3pc2.jpg

bf3pc3.jpg

bf3pc4.jpg

[img

A couple from multiplayer showing that it is possible to render open mouths with no glaring artifacts in computer games.

DUh9N.jpg

35IeC.jpg

A couple from multiplayer showing that it is possible to render open mouths with no glaring artifacts in computer games.

Yeah, I think they have different animations for Burts and Automatic
Single shot is mostly mouth closed, burst is like biting a lip and full auto really gives you the Rambo look! :)

please enable self-shadowing on trees and foliage and reflection of all detail in the water and take the screenshots again..

please enable self-shadowing on trees and foliage and reflection of all detail in the water and take the screenshots again..

They are turned on. Its even modified with uGrid. Only shadows are on Low settings and radiar blur [that cant be seen here], everything other option is set to max.
I hope it wasnt irony from Your side ;p

If you're using nV you can enable SSAO via nVidia Inspector. Set it to Fallout 3 mode.

Why are the shadows set to low? Performance, or does it look better? I've heard a few people saying they put their shadows down a bit but they had good rigs.

If you're using nV you can enable SSAO via nVidia Inspector. Set it to Fallout 3 mode.

Why are the shadows set to low? Performance, or does it look better? I've heard a few people saying they put their shadows down a bit but they had good rigs.

I had shadows set to low and this was the most piss-poor shadowing I've ever seen.
Distance has to be set to max to prevent a boatload of banding/LOD and for some reason I have the worst texture shimmering ever :/

And yeah KKRT I was being a bit sarcastic :/ even with everything enabled I sometimes get the feel they're not where Oblivion was (with mods).. It probably has to do with the disappointment of the menu's being completely uncontrollable with keyboard/mouse.

I'll get some screenshots in here when my kid finishes this Popeye episode.

Here are mine: (shadows high) except first shot with Ultra.
Ultra shadows should be default for this game, anything below that gives horrible jittery shadows from trees/foliage/lit objects.
IMGUR converts .png to .jpg, so there's quite a lot of compression (see Afterburner info at the top)

BTW, best mountains/snow I've ever seen in a game though the glacial storm effects are a bit "meh"
37hSF.jpg

JcUij.jpg

YKa7g.jpg

JpV2i.jpg

GER47.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Skyrim is just begging for some POM or tessellation, It just looks so flat!!

Surprising as Oblivion had POM iirc...

Console memory limitations have obviously limited the game as well :(

That 1GB seems pretty wasteful from the visuals. Doesn't leave a lot of room for modding either. :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back