Screenshots of Ridunkulous Quality and Size! Part Deux [2023+]

This was definitely something I would have picked up if they hadn't screwed up the PC version so badly (I know it was greatly improved, but I was tainted by first impressions), it gives me serious Doom 3 vibes.
I also liked Doom 3 a lot. On the other hand Doom 2016 and the bling bling shiny and hectic Doom Eternal are not my cup of tea. With these games, however, they went back to the roots of Doom.

Audiovisually Callisto Protocol is mostly terrific and graphically far superior to the Dead Ssace remake. What's missing in the world compared to Dead Space is orientation (where you are) and distinctive places. In Dead Space you know where you are in space and you have a few prominent points such as the engine room, bridge, gravity generator, asteroid processing, hangar, crew deck and a few more.

Some things I think are very good in Callisto Protocol and others make you wonder what they were thinking. For example, the constant crawling between walls and in shafts is annoying. I've never experienced this so often in any other game. The frequency also varies depending on the section as if different people were in charge. Some enemy types are annoying too. Like this creature with the long trunk that hatches out of the egg and grabs you from 6 meters away.

The melee combat is really well done. It's simple, but it looks good and is satisfying.

It now works on the PC. CPU optimization could be better especially if you use RT.

Last edited:
Callisto Protocol round 2

I played a bit with the photo mode. There's a lot more variety than just one picture with the character in front of it.

The game looks incredible. Even more in motion with the flickering lights, moving particles etc.

callisto_protocol (157).jpg

callisto_protocol (155).jpg

callisto_protocol (158).jpg

callisto_protocol (163).jpg

callisto_protocol (191).jpg

callisto_protocol (195).jpg

callisto_protocol (196).jpg

callisto_protocol (212).jpg

callisto_protocol (218).jpg

callisto_protocol  (218).jpg

Last edited:
Yes, I would like more games like this. More high-quality short games are needed. The game may look short but if the quality is good I'll play it again and again. The same with movies.

But a game can still became a success longer after release. It just has to sell well enough in the long term. Unfortunately, this will not happen with this game. In any case, I have made my contribution as I usually do with well made games which appeal to me.

Last edited:

Compared to Callisto Protocol, Robocop and Control it's aobvisouisly a friendlier game and this time also a fresh and very windy area. I could post a lot more about the forest but we want to do something for a change. I've only just arrived in the new area.

Avatar has a lot of places worth seeing. The game world is so huge, highly detailed and well designed you could fill a thread with just this game.
I found the area in the last two pictures by chance and it was slightly eerie. There was an ominous whistling sound like what do planets make for noises video.

AFoP (270).jpg

AFoP (281).jpg

AFoP (282).jpg

AFoP (271).jpg

AFoP (304).jpg

AFoP (307).jpg

AFoP (311).jpg

AFoP (317).jpg

AFoP (335).jpg

AFoP (339).jpg

Last edited:
Thank you. This is also only a small fraction of my pictures. I already have over 500.

Yeah the game runs very well and the frame rate is pretty good for the visuals.

It's not just the technical aspects that are convincing here. I'm impressed by how Massive makes this huge world look beautiful in detail. The assets are very well and harmoniously placed. I thought they set the standard here with The Divion 1 and 2 but this world here is even bigger and still incredibly detailed. A lot of it looks hand-placed which I can hardly imagine given the size of the game world.

Apart from the visuals the game world is also very well made and has a certain depth. There are dozens of plants that the player can interact with. They can use them for travelling, as weapons, as raw materials, food etc. or they are just a danger. It's very lively. The main missions are also mostly good. The controls, how the player moves around are also great. However, the staging, dialogues etc. are not and have great potential for improvement.

Indeed! Gorgeous shots @Jupiter !

I'm going to try to become more active in this thread this year and post a wide variety of games.

Super. Then it won't be too one-sided here.

I have another game coming soon.

Last edited:
Metro Exodus Enhanced Edition

Although it even has a dynamic day and night cycle that complicates the situation he lighting makes the game very naturally lit. After Cyberpunk 2077 and Alan Wake 2 the lighting in the Metro Exodus Enhanced Edition is the best I know.

The texture quality varies a lot and sometimes the object density could be higher.

I am very impressed with the look of the game. The gameplay and the design are convincing too. What I would most like to add is RT shadows.

metro_exodus_ee (5).jpg

metro_exodus_ee (10).jpg

metro_exodus_ee (22).jpg

metro_exodus_ee (35).jpg

metro_exodus_ee (38).jpg

metro_exodus_ee (55).jpg

metro_exodus_ee (57).jpg

metro_exodus_ee (83).jpg

metro_exodus_ee (92).jpg

metro_exodus_ee (106).jpg

Last edited:
Metro Exodus Enhanced Edition round 3

These are all taken in a small area of a region. More forest footage could follow. The forest region is graphically more demanding than other areas of the game. Often it's also more heavy than the corridoor of doom in Control and about twice as fast as Cyberpunk 2077.

Combined with good GI I like the unique look of the materials in the game. If it had UE5 it would look more familiar.

With 2 hours a day in the game passes slowly. In comparison a whole day in Avatar takes about 30 minutes

metro_exodus_ee (366).jpg

metro_exodus_ee (373).jpg

metro_exodus_ee (325).jpg

metro_exodus_ee (344).jpg

metro_exodus_ee (348).jpg

metro_exodus_ee (355).jpg

metro_exodus_ee (357).jpg

metro_exodus_ee (363).jpg

metro_exodus_ee (322).jpg

metro_exodus_ee (336).jpg

Last edited:
Robocop Rouge City - round 3

The last Robocop rounds. At first I only wanted to do one, but as these will be the last Robocop pictures I'm doing 2.

The first image reminds me a lot of a scene from Crysis 2 while the last one has F.E.A.R. vibe.

Robocop (184).jpg

Robocop (189).jpg

Robocop (191).jpg

Robocop (198).jpg

Robocop (206).jpg

Robocop (214).jpg

Robocop (220).jpg

Robocop (221).jpg

Robocop (224).jpg

Robocop (226).jpg

Last edited:
FF7 Remake - 9216x3840 internal res, Ultrawide