Call of Duty 4: Modern combat trailer up

I'm going to cross-post what I said at another forum.

I mean I was logged in, in the U.S, refreshing from two minutes before, using the same email as my xbl account, had the f***ing tab open for a week, could only get as far as seeing that I lost, and I most likely lost to a lucky 12 year old who'll play it for 5 rounds.

and then I said some obscenities. they really shouldn't have made it first come first serve. I mean if they made it at 3:00 A.M. then I would have lost to somebody who deserved to win.

yea, that sucked :cry:

evidently all of the "tokens" for the beta are reserved for this go-round. Smash and grab confirmed.

allegedly IW is working out a promotion with GameStop for a beta key on reservation of the game or something next month.

actually somebody from IW said on gaf that not ALL of the tokens are gone. they're working out what to do. maybe there'll be a email thing or a new site to refresh?

edit:
OMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMG

Last edited by a moderator:
just so everybody knows: for the beta, you can still get in by going to charlieoscardelta.com and registering by putting your email and gamertag.

they aren't doing it by a first come first serve basis because that made a big mess. you have until I think about 7:00 P.M. PST (around 4 and a half hours from now) to register for this wave and they'll then announce all of the winners in the next 48 hours after that.

Originally Posted by fourzerotwo:
I wanted to give you guys an update on how the 24 hour sign-ups are going. The 24 hour mark officially ends around 7 pm tonight, so if you haven't signed up yet, do so.

Some of you seemed confused on the "Accept The Agreement" page, you MUST read the agreement (aka scroll down to the bottom of it) before you hit accept. Otherwise it won't take you to the next page. This is a legal requirement, as with most things annoying.

Those of you who keep having the page refreshed on the gamertag / email page, this is because it is case sensitive. So if you have a capitalization in your email, make sure it's in the one you're putting on that page.

I'm going to TRY to get tokens to everyone who signed up within this past 24 hour period, NO PROMISES, as between now and 7pm, there could be 8 million sign-ups, but we're going to try.

Don't worry if you sent double, there's no penalty, we're filtering the lists for duplicates, so if you sent more than one the additionals will just be deleted. Keep the questions coming, and I'll let you know as soon as we send out the first wave of tokens to the winners.
Regardless, before tokens go out, we'll send emails to those who got in BEFORE the token just so you know in advance to be on the look out on your inbox.

I'll keep you guys updated.

:cool: still hoping

I still haven't finished Bioshock (Just finished using a golf club on Hard mode), Gamefly shipped Metroid Prime 3 today (or yesterday? something like that), and I signed up for this. What am I gonna do? :p

I still haven't finished Bioshock (Just finished using a golf club on Hard mode), Gamefly shipped Metroid Prime 3 today (or yesterday? something like that), and I signed up for this. What am I gonna do? :p

:LOL: good stuff!

I have plenty of Bioshock left also (Farmer's Market on Medium)

I just got my email, they might send it to the first people who signed up first because I registered around 2 hours after they took registrations.

edit: apparently you don't have to be in the country to play it. it doesn't check where you're from (only the country you put in the for the XBL account) so you can just use the code and download it with any account you want.

Last edited by a moderator:
I just got my email, they might send it to the first people who signed up first because I registered around 2 hours after they took registrations.

edit: apparently you don't have to be in the country to play it. it doesn't check where you're from (only the country you put in the for the XBL account) so you can just use the code and download it with any account you want.

sweet!

still waiting for mine

impressions please! :cool:

I played it a lot already. you have no idea how sharp the graphics are until you see it played.

It's my favorite multiplayer game and I never played a COD MP before. I'm already at level 11 though. the equipment you gain is really nice.

Those PS3 screens look amazing. And 60fps too!

One of the devs posted this on GAF.
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=8417899&postcount=331

Ok, so, yeah, I'm one of the Infinity Ward programmers. I won't even pretend to be objective about our game, because all of us at IW love it (duh). That said, I see some questions coming up repeatedly in various threads...

1) We don't support keyboard and mouse on PS3, sorry.

2) No rumble (DS3) support - we found out about it too late to add it to this game. Hopefully next time around, though!

2) Yes, the PS3 version does support voice chat (bluetooth and USB mics supported.)

3) There are minor visual differences between the 360 and PS3 versions, due to the platforms being extremely different from an architectural standpoint. This results in us having to make different tradeoffs on both platforms to hit our framerate targets. They're very nearly identical, but you'll be able to pick screenshots in which both versions are "clearly" the better version. They're as close as we could make them without going completely batcrap insane (though whether or not we are already completely batcrap insane is a matter of some debate.)

Tradeoff example: Shadow filtering. We use different techniques on PS3 and 360 to filter shadow edges, which gives them a bit of a different look. I think it's a matter of taste as to which way looks better, but we did it that way because it was the most efficient way to do it on both platforms that yielded a look that was good enough.

Hrmm... interesting. Any hints on what ways the shadow filtering techniques differ, and why? Would make an interesting discussion.

I'm hesitant about this game, having just picked up both Halo 3 and Orange Box - both stellar online and offline titles. This is a crowded time for gaming, and I have horrid memories of CoD2 and Veteran. Ugh. The online levelling sounds interesting though.

Keep the review posts coming!

Edit: Apparently this got a 10/10 from OXM too. I'm so flip floppy on this one.

Interesting so there is graphically tradeoffs between both consoles but it's not the same tradeoffs.

They could easily patch to support mouse and keyboard and the shock.

The KB/M thing would be a political hassle if they're running servers and they had to dedicate KB/M versus Sixaxis servers.

Back