Call of Duty 4: Modern combat trailer up

Wow it actually looks good. The only CoD game I actually liked was the first one. But this one looks like it's going to bring me back to the franchise.

now this looks like what I always wanted GRAW to be.

I'm in... of course I'll still mostly just play multiplayer anyway. :LOL:

played the CRAP out of CoD2 and now CoD3 is the game I play most (MP)

CoD 2: Big Red One was so goddamnfreakinawful it made me want to flush the disc down the toilet. In which ways is CoD 4 better? Treyarch, too, innit?

CoD 2: Big Red One was so goddamnfreakinawful it made me want to flush the disc down the toilet. In which ways is CoD 4 better? Treyarch, too, innit?

If I remember correctly Infinity Ward did CoD and CoD2; Treyarch did CoD2: Big Red and CoD3.

Interesting scenario...

Technically/graphically, this reminded me more of the last Battlefield game (but with better lighting) in parts than Crysis ;) It looks nice, but geometry, texturing, aliasing, vegetation, particle effects etc. look nowhere near that game. Although on the texturing bit, it could just be the movie. The urban stuff does look better than the other bits, though (and having watched it again, I do think the movie has a lot of compression artefacts).

Infinity ward made the award winning CoD1 (PC only) and CoD2 (x360,PC) games.

They are supposed to make this installment.

Well, Infinity Ward >>>>>> Treyarch and EA.

Basically the only COD games even worth a look at are the ones made by IW.

Ah, so it's another studio. Great, thanks. CoD2: BRO is the only part in the series I played, and sorry for my criticism being so short, but that game is just trashy beyond words. If that's the only CoD you knew, you'd surely be as skeptical as I am, not least because the reviews and ratings of that game are pretty ridiculous. You know, fishy and stuff.
If CoD 4 is another studio, and sorry for being too lazy to see that myself, it means I can shut up now with a smile and behave like a mildly interested person.

Well, Infinity Ward >>>>>> Treyarch and EA.

Basically the only COD games even worth a look at are the ones made by IW.

maybe so for SP but CoD3 is a damned good Multiplayer experience that Treyarch produced.

consistently in the top 2-5 spots on Live and a well balanced, large, battle experience.

The Single player sucks though but I rarely play SP games anyway.

maybe so for SP but CoD3 is a damned good Multiplayer experience that Treyarch produced.

consistently in the top 2-5 spots on Live and a well balanced, large, battle experience.

The Single player sucks though but I rarely play SP games anyway.

Maybe...I rarely play MP games ;)

Rolf - IW is not just another studio, they are THE studio, who made the first COD which was a GOTY contender, and COD2 from 2005 which was another steller outing. Everything else is just EA shovelware IMO.

Maybe...I rarely play MP games ;)

ok cool. maybe we should do Ham & Egg reviews of games then. :)

I'll take MP you take SP. :p

In fact reviews of games are really starting to piss me off. It's about time that they review the SP code AND the MP code separately.

ok cool. maybe we should do Ham & Egg reviews of games then. :)

I'll take MP you take SP. :p

In fact reviews of games are really starting to piss me off. It's about time that they review the SP code AND the MP code separately.

Thats the only thing that is pissing you off?

What pisses me off is that every average game out there gets a 8\10 score. Reviewers need to slaughter more games, IGN and Gamespot giving every game and their mother a high ranking is just because they want to stay friendly with the publisher.

I hate gaming-journalism in general, because its all build on hype. Its silly reading a killzone preview of whats apparently in this early build on track to be a Halo-killer, then next day review comes out, and its apparently a very bad, very broken game..

Back