Call of Duty 4: Modern combat trailer up

Seen the videos from the game. Obviously it is one of the most impressive games but the gameplay movies I ve seen although highly impressive I dont think this is the most impressive looking FPS game of all that was shown at E3..

Kay, seen some more vids and I'm less impressed. The geometry/modelling is just about average and other distractions like screen tearing are notable + the lack of AA mentioned earlier. Still looks very good though.

online vids suck and the people saying it was the best of show saw it LIVE on an HDTV so I'll take their word for it. :LOL:

All I can say is they cannot have seen Killzone then.

Seriously, I have download the trailer off PSN which is encoded at quite a high bit rate.

It looks OK, there are jaggies everywhere and it's definately not on Killzones level.

DJ, I doubt anyone missed the Killzone trailer. You must remember this is all subjective and not black and white. Don't get me wrong, I think KZ looked great but so does COD4.

All I can say is they cannot have seen Killzone then.
Seriously, I have download the trailer off PSN which is encoded at quite a high bit rate.
It looks OK, there are jaggies everywhere and it's definately not on Killzones level.

4x AA on the Microsoft E3 gameplay presentation.

Also, has there been any game out there with such good walking/running/crouching animation and transitions between them? For the longest time I just could not understand why devs didn't put more time into this or at least buy some tech from IP companies that already figured it out. It's one of those things you do properly once and use in just about every game. Now it's time for EA to reach this level.

I agree 100%. That added so much realism.

Personally I think Halo3 looks better than CoD4 in many areas. Both awesome but still.

I haven't seen Halo3 :)

Not really interesting for me. Im not to big on the whole futuristic sci-fi thingys (except for Star Wars, i really want a Jedi Knight game)

I haven't seen Halo3 :)

Not really interesting for me. Im not to big on the whole futuristic sci-fi thingys (except for Star Wars, i really want a Jedi Knight game)

Check it out at least out of curiosity. Take it as a technical demonstration of the devs achievement, work and the capabilities of the console ;)

I saw a show on the Military Channel about Special Forces snipers in Afghanistan. They seemed to imply that with a 0.50 cal sniper rifle and the proper ammunition, shooting through large rocks was not a problem, even at fairly ridiculous ranges.

speaking from personal experience, it is possible to destroy small buildings with a .50 cal.

:LOL: they shot the poor drunk guy
Otherwise, looks really good, if not for details (some animations were average, others excellent). I love !

:LOL: they shot the poor drunk guy
Otherwise, looks really good, if not for details (some animations were average, others excellent). I love !

I love the intensity, action, the atmosphere and the sounds... me love to!

Last edited by a moderator:
Back