The GT5 expectation thread (including preview titles)*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Threespeech lists releasedates as March 28 in store and March 27 on PSN.
The price listed is £24.99 (RRP) both for download and disc version.

Source: http://threespeech.com/blog/?p=933

(UK£ 24.99 = 32.7080973 €) But then one can hope that the people in the UK gets to pay more than the rest of us europeans. ;)

I think this game will do well here ... all 7 PS3 owners at my work seem to be going to get it. The previous two games that seemed to have a wider appeal were FIFA and Assassin's Creed, but they both topped out at 2 a piece. Motorstorm is owned by many of us (though we still have to do a session, the only job related session we did was the Burnout demo) but that was a pack-in for most of them (except me).

Some more shots here, which also seems to reveal the High Speed Ring. Not exactly the track I was hoping for as a sixth track for Prologue, but if that's it, then so be it:

http://gamersyde.com/news_6119_en.html

The paint on that F40 is wonderfully modelled though.

**This is just regarding the graphics. I'll still buy the game since its gameplay is always fun**

Man those "race mode" shots sure brings the game down to reality a bit.:cry:

I know that this is GT5P but what are the chances they'll be able to increase the AA and Shadowmap resolutions by the time GT5 comes out? Anyone know what the current AA amount is in "racemode"? Either way doesnt look very high.

Hope your 1080p feature was worth it Sony.

**This is just regarding the graphics. I'll still buy the game since its gameplay is always fun**

Man those "race mode" shots sure brings the game down to reality a bit.:cry:

I know that this is GT5P but what are the chances they'll be able to increase the AA and Shadowmap resolutions by the time GT5 comes out? Anyone know what the current AA amount is in "racemode"? Either way doesnt look very high.

Hope your 1080p feature was worth it Sony.

4xAA at 720p. Shadows are fine...if not impressive when you're playing the game.

"Hope your 1080p feature was worth it Sony." What does that have to do with anything?

"Hope your 1080p feature was worth it Sony." What does that have to do with anything?

Not that I have anything against 1080p but IMO if they had targeted 720p as the native res, they could then allocate more resources elsewhere. (mainly mapping res and damage physics)

However, since this game isnt out, let alone GT5, things can always change/improve so its a bit premmature to pass judgement.

btw, good to hear it bumps up the AA when in 720p mode. Is this official?

Not that I have anything against 1080p but IMO if they had targeted 720p as the native res, they could then allocate more resources elsewhere. (mainly mapping res and damage physics)

However, since this game isnt out, let alone GT5, things can always change/improve so its a bit premmature to pass judgement.

720p might be better for people with 42" tvs but at 46"+ 1080p will look vastly better.

The amount of resources available depends on rendering resolution. 1080p support in the output hardware has no impact on games that render at 720p.

officially confirmed by our own Quaz51. ;)
at 720p, its 1280x720 with 4xAA. at 1080p, it runs at 1280x1080 with 2xAA. the aliasing isn't too bad, but i think the people here at beyond3d determined that the shimmering/aliasing effect were seeing is caused by the AA and HDR lighting causing some problems.

personally, i'm ok with the visuals at "1080p". and its nice they added a higher level of AA at 720p mode for those who aren't satisfied. and isn't damage modeling in the works that will be implemented in a later update? regardless, damage has never really been a big concern of mine. but i trust once PD do implement it, it will be like no other racer out there.

So far you've also been able to switch resolutions in-game, so you can check out which one is best for you to your hearts content. ;)

officially confirmed by our own Quaz51. ;)
at 720p, its 1280x720 with 4xAA. at 1080p, it runs at 1280x1080 with 2xAA. the aliasing isn't too bad, but i think the people here at beyond3d determined that the shimmering/aliasing effect were seeing is caused by the AA and HDR lighting causing some problems.

personally, i'm ok with the visuals at "1080p". and its nice they added a higher level of AA at 720p mode for those who aren't satisfied. and isn't damage modeling in the works that will be implemented in a later update? regardless, damage has never really been a big concern of mine. but i trust once PD do implement it, it will be like no other racer out there.
Quaz says it's the cleanest racer around, and I tend to agree with him.

Quaz says it's the cleanest racer around, and I tend to agree with him.

It looks cleaner than other console games which tend to look like they have a fullscreen blur filter in use. PC racing games are almost clinical clean but then graphic IQ isn't their priority but simulation for the hardcore fans.

Nce though with offline dual player mode although it looked quite stripped down, especially side road objects/spectators.

It looks cleaner than other console games which tend to look like they have a fullscreen blur filter in use. PC racing games are almost clinical clean but then graphic IQ isn't their priority but simulation for the hardcore fans.

Nce though with offline dual player mode although it looked quite stripped down, especially side road objects/spectators.

Yeah, well obv it seems they just shoved that in...and the tuning will continue to bring that all back for GT5. Still, tis impressive to keep it at 60fps.

I have to say that in GT5p the shadows are pleasing - they seem to be better than the demo. Don't really shimmer, most are smooth, and the incar ones appear to have been improved.

720p might be better for people with 42" tvs but at 46"+ 1080p will look vastly better.

Not with screenshots like these.

http://images.gamersyde.com/gallery/public/7898/1316_0003.jpg

Notice the aliasing on the bridge pillars and railings, the shadowmap on the A-pillar? That is a true 1080p image. IMO it (the AA, if theres any at all) looks average and thats on a 19 monitor. When you blow that up to 46", its not exactly gonna help it get any cleaner.

The amount of resources available depends on rendering resolution. 1080p support in the output hardware has no impact on games that render at 720p.
Depends what you mean by "1080p support". All I'm saying is that since PD have openly said that GT5P will run in 1080p native, they have now commited to that as a baseline for performance. Sure in 720p it could have extra power to do more physics but they cant do that anymore since 1080p is the baseline which would use up that extra power when using the higher resolution.

Personally I would have preferred 720p native with 1080p support in the method of scaling. Its probably simply because I'm a sim junkie and appreaciate damage. They'll be others who feel the opposite and would rather have a nice pretty 1080p take priority over a more realistic racer. Its just a matter of personal taste, neither is wrong and in the end they are only opinions.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back