The GT5 expectation thread (including preview titles)*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yer that dial changes it from a H pattern to a tiptronic :(
That is all, it seem like a waste though, cause you have the paddles on the wheel also...

No no, that's not the dial I mean. There are actually two dials, take a closer look.

The things either side of the gear stick?
I think they are additional vice style grips to attach it to the table...

Doh, you're completely right. Hopefully you'll be able to configure it to an additional controller / sixaxis or something.

2277129575_fdd3d7d97f_o.png

2277921792_f3da1de550_o.png

2277921118_2c4a4d2bf4_o.png

Is that photomode? Looks god damn amazing. If the actual thing is near as good looking as this then WOW

I think that's in game in replay mode but scaled down adds IQ. The quality is what you get in game though, with no magic enhanced rendering. The only difference to what you see here and might see while racing is the DOF and moblur. It is a fine looking game ;)

Absolutely, those shots are stunning.

Do any Prologue owners know how it compares graphically to other racers out there? (not trying to create a versus thread)

You should really check pics and vids on your own, rather than ask others how they feel it compares and be subject to any bias on their part...

Doh, you're completely right. Hopefully you'll be able to configure it to an additional controller / sixaxis or something.

I'm assuming the dials on the new wheel are used to cycle through the assists (+/- button) and the amount of traction control (the dial) on the fly, instead of doing it before the game. Or maybe adjust the sound track and music volume :p

I'm assuming the dials on the new wheel are used to cycle through the assists (+/- button) and the amount of traction control (the dial) on the fly, instead of doing it before the game. Or maybe adjust the sound track and music volume :p

They did actually say that you could control different settings with the dial, so we'll see. I'm assuming they are going for something that is present also in some real racing cars ...

Woot!!

March for us Europeans too.

While I sort of gathered it would be seeing as it appeared on Threespeech (which is a UK based site) this is the first thing I've seen that actually confirms it. (Maybe I missed something though.)

28/03/08. Cannot wait!!!

Will it have motionblur during the race or only in replays?

I wish they'd release more "race mode" shots rather than "replay shots" since thats what gamers will spend most of they time with.

Will it have motionblur during the race or only in replays?

I dont think they will do that, especially considering the replays runs at 30fps, probably due to the motion-blur amongst other things.

I wish they'd release more "race mode" shots rather than "replay shots" since thats what gamers will spend most of they time with.

But replay shots looks so much better than ingame, and that will sell the game!

I don't think they look so much better (Not in GTs case anyway DOF and blur do not really add much to the image, the quality of the models and textures are the same they just add realistic effects), they offer different more interesting angles which I think is the main reason for their usage.

There are only so many standard car views you can look at before getting bored of them.

I dont think they will do that, especially considering the replays runs at 30fps, probably due to the motion-blur amongst other things.

But replay shots looks so much better than ingame, and that will sell the game!

Not particularly. I do like one of the on the car blur cameras though that makes everything thing look real - but I haven't seen a promo picture featuring this.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back