The GT5 expectation thread (including preview titles)*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Does it seem like they've weeded out the cheaters then?

I know it's quite hard to cut any corners on that track though so maybe thats why

Does it seem like they've weeded out the cheaters then?

I know it's quite hard to cut any corners on that track though so maybe thats why

Plenty of cheaters around still. Especially on suzuka time trials. Eiger seems to be immune to cheating(at least for now).

How do you cheat in a console game anyway? It's not like you can modify the code (manually or through the use of a hack).

By taking advantage in the [flawed] game mechanincs in a way that wasn't intended.
One can ofcourse question where the line where one is cheeting should be drawn.

As GT always have been about racing cars in a realistic way one could exepct that for example running in to a wall at high speed to gain time shouldn't be allowed since it wouldn't be possible in real life, the same with taking shortcuts which would be penalised in real life.

By taking advantage in the [flawed] game mechanincs in a way that wasn't intended.
One can ofcourse question where the line where one is cheeting should be drawn.

As GT always have been about racing cars in a realistic way one could exepct that for example running in to a wall at high speed to gain time shouldn't be allowed since it wouldn't be possible in real life, the same with taking shortcuts which would be penalised in real life.

So the cheats are basically just going all-out and not steering, playing bumper cars?

So the cheats are basically just going all-out and not steering, playing bumper cars?

For time trial bumping to walls and/or having more than two tires outside the road are considered cheating by the engine and lap is disqualified.

The cheating that happens are some places where leaning to wall is possible -> no need to brake -> faster lap. Also some tracks allow taking shortcuts via grass(suzuka) to gain significant time. These problems are easy to fix for PD. Could also be that they test how much cheating occurs if some loopholes are left and if the gamers actually find the ways/places where cheating is possible.

Interesting. Later than I hoped, but then of course I already have the Japanese import version. I think the UK version might come at the same time, but we'll see - I guess the Top Gear deal may turn out to be an important factor in that one. It does offer plenty of time to implement some new online features though (custom rooms, friend invites), which is what I'm still expecting for the US release.

Game sharing

Is the download version of GT5:p tied to the buying account like Warhawk? Can the game be shared with a few people like most PSN games can? Can people sharing the game go online at the same time?

Thanks.

Is the download version of GT5:p tied to the buying account like Warhawk? Can the game be shared with a few people like most PSN games can? Can people sharing the game go online at the same time?

Thanks.

Online version of prologue can be shared and people sharing can go online at the same time. Blu-ray version cannot be shared. Sharing could be disabled with future patch but I guess that's not very likely to happen. More players -> more free marketing for the final game which should make the big bucks.

Online version of prologue can be shared and people sharing can go online at the same time. Blu-ray version cannot be shared. Sharing could be disabled with future patch but I guess that's not very likely to happen. More players -> more free marketing for the final game which should make the big bucks.

If you sent it in the post you could ;)

I expect they'll disable the sharing for the US/Euro market though.

If you sent it in the post you could ;)

I expect they'll disable the sharing for the US/Euro market though.

Pickering mode on. Disc version of prologue doesn't start without the disc inside ps3. So no, it cannot be shared. Naturally it can be sold though.

If you eject the disc after loading does the PS3 go back to the XMB?

It doesn't go back to XMB if one ejects the disc. Though I didn't try to enter any races disc ejected. Only took the disc out, switched the game off and started to watch a movie.

OMG! I knew it! But as usual, they once again manage to surprise me anyway!

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=242009

Logitech’s latest racing wheel was meticulously designed by Logitech and Polyphony Digital, Inc., the developer of the Gran Turismo series. The companies worked together to add the unique real-time adjustment dial, a first for force feedback wheels, allowing people to fine tune the car’s balance by adjusting the brake bias, traction control and damper settings. Now Gran Turismo drivers can have precise control over the car’s setup to achieve maximum performance.

“We have always designed the Gran Turismo series for driving enthusiasts. Realistic graphics, a technologically advanced physics engine and authentic sounds for every car in the game make Gran Turismo 5 Prologue a true driving simulator,” said Kazunori Yamauchi of Polyphony Digital. “Now, with the Logitech Driving Force GT wheel, drivers can have unparalleled control of their car, extending the realistic racing experience.”

Quote: Logitech’s newest force feedback wheel simulates understeer, oversteer, and traction loss with frightening accuracy. While the full-size gas and brake pedals deliver precise throttle and brake response, racers can use either the sequential stick shift or the wheel-mounted paddles to race through gears. The wheel also features a large 11-inch wheel with rubber-overmould rim, providing exceptional comfort and control.

The Logitech Driving Force GT turns 900 degrees lock-to-lock allowing drivers to navigate hairpin turns with greater accuracy. And with anti-backlash gearing, there is no slack in the steering response, making any race a smooth, realistic experience. In the centre of the 11-inch wheel, the Driving Force GT features an illuminated horn button with the official Gran Turismo logo. Using the authentic sounds of the car being driven, racers can quickly alert other cars when they are approaching fast. Or when playing online, people can simply use the horn to taunt other players as they speed by.

The Logitech Driving Force GT wheel is engineered for use with Gran Turismo 5 Prologue on PS3, which will be available on Blu-ray Disc™ (BD) and as a download on the PLAYSTATION®Network in North America on April 17 and in Europe on March 28. The Logitech Driving Force GT wheel is also compatible with Gran Turismo™3 and Gran Turismo™4 on the PlayStation®2 computer entertainment system.

It doesn't mention if it includes the clutch ... It is included in the PC equivalent and the game seems to support it, but we'll have to wait and see.

Nah no clutch or 6speed gearbox :( its not leather either...

Ah, suggested retail price is $149,99 ... that's half the price of the G25, so yes, it's more of an updated Driving Force Pro then. Makes sense, really, though I would have liked a G25 version with the real-time settings dial and illuminated horn button ... :LOL:.

Then again, it seems that dial is also on the G25's H-shifter:

http://www.hardware.info/en-US/articles/am9nZmpvZA/Logitech_G25_racing_wheel__Review/4

I think I'll probably go for the G25 then, depending on whether I can find a good way to set it up. If not, this looks like a fair alternative.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back