XenForo 2 Problems and Feature Requests

This will take some getting used to, and I'm sure it won't take long. Only the dark theme text strikes me as painfully bright/contrasty, and I don't think it was like that before. Can we have that toned down a little, please?

The days following the forum migration, every slight and subtle change was noticeable to me. A week on, I can't remember what the previous forum screens looked like!

This upgrade became 'normal' for me very quickly.

This will take some getting used to, and I'm sure it won't take long. Only the dark theme text strikes me as painfully bright/contrasty, and I don't think it was like that before. Can we have that toned down a little, please?
I've muted the orange, and the main text colour was also backed off from pure white just a touch as well. Hope that works nicely for the dark theme in the short term, in lieu of a bigger think about how it should look in the future.

I've muted the orange, and the main text colour was also backed off from pure white just a touch as well. Hope that works nicely for the dark theme in the short term, in lieu of a bigger think about how it should look in the future.
Yeah that looks a bit better actually, thanks.

Not sure if this is theme related, but I'm finding that in dark mode the background of selected/highlighted text almost invisible in the reply box.

It looks like this:

Screenshot 2022-06-10 at 07.36.29.png

Top is highlighted, bottom is not.

whereas selected/highlighted text elsewhere on the page looks usable:

Screenshot 2022-06-10 at 07.37.08.png

This is in Safari on Mac, if that matters.

Not sure if this is theme related, but I'm finding that in dark mode the background of selected/highlighted text almost invisible in the reply box.

It looks like this:

View attachment 6578

Top is highlighted, bottom is not.

whereas selected/highlighted text elsewhere on the page looks usable:

View attachment 6579

This is in Safari on Mac, if that matters.
Either your or my screen are way off calibrated. I have absolutely no issues seeing the black'ish (22RGB) highlight

Either your or my screen are way off calibrated. I have absolutely no issues seeing the black'ish (22RGB) highlight

Well OK but presumably you can see that it's somewhat different from the light-sage-green?

Is there a reason why that makes sense?

Well OK but presumably you can see that it's somewhat different from the light-sage-green?

Is there a reason why that makes sense?
I believe the light-sage-green is your browser's default color for selection css and the grey is an actual XenForo RTE styling setting. I'm not sure why yours is so black though, on mine it's a grey. (Unless Rys already changed it)

1654880304328.png

I believe the light-sage-green is your browser's default color for selection css and the grey is an actual XenForo RTE styling setting. I'm not sure why yours is so black though, on mine it's a grey. (Unless Rys already changed it)

View attachment 6580
Can confirm it's grey here too, Win11/Edge. Highlighted text is normally with blue blackground here which suggests your belief is correct.

View attachment 6580
Can confirm it's grey here too, Win11/Edge. Highlighted text is normally with blue blackground here which suggests your belief is correct.

Well fair enough.

But why does it need to be different in the reply box from the rest of the page? Why even over-ride the default OS love language?

As a Mac user I'm used to achingly cool being challenging, but dark-grey on darker-grey is too Jobsian even for me.

This might just be a me thing , but I'm having trouble telling what posts I've read and haven't read. Is there a way we can change the default colors?

Finally managed to consistently reproduce the like confirmation issue!

1. Make sure the forum is slow
2. Open a thread with large attached inline images (last one I tried is Digi's thread about a pregnant pixel phone with Google's goodwill warranty screenshot)
3. Before the loading finished, press like. Hence the larger the image is the better so no need to rush to click the like button.

Voila. The forum will open like confirmation page.

Well fair enough.

But why does it need to be different in the reply box from the rest of the page? Why even over-ride the default OS love language?

As a Mac user I'm used to achingly cool being challenging, but dark-grey on darker-grey is too Jobsian even for me.

I had a quick look at the CSS being applied, the selection colour is #414141. My browser doesn't seem to be rendering it as that though.

Odd.

I had a quick look at the CSS being applied, the selection colour is #414141. My browser doesn't seem to be rendering it as that though.

Odd.
Apple probably decided that colour was not aesthetically pleasing so changed it.

You're welcome!

It's not an issue, it's just a fallback.

i wonder why i didnt happen in the old forum.

hmm what if it was actually not a fallback, but a failure for the script to "capture" the click to "like"?
because the "like" button have hyperlink to the confirmation page. so i suspect if the script to "capture" it didn't load, it will simply opens the hyperlink.

EDIT:
so it does act as a fallback when someone is using noscript or something.

EDIT:
someone says its an issue with analytics https://xenforo.com/community/threads/confirm-like.173654/

Google Analytics are disabled, so I'm hoping it's not that.

Can't see my Username button to change my account settings.

It's there, but small. Running Android 12 & mobile Chrome. Select Desktop Site & it's there.

Screenshot_20220612-022820-707.png

Also, when you create a PWA icon on the launcher, you can hardly read the icon.

Screenshot_20220612-023349.png

Tommy McClain

The former issue is because avatars are disabled, I'll take a look and adjust the media query or whatever CSS it is that makes the text version disappear at smaller widths. I'll also fix the PWA icon.

Both will probably get some attention this coming weekend.

Back