XenForo 2 Problems and Feature Requests

uh... i tried spamming the like button and it happen again. this time on "remove reaction", with dark theme and with dark reader extension disabled.

btw the same confirmation page will appear if i right click the like button and open in new tab. maybe when clicking like and the ajax or something is interrupted/got error, the forum gracefully opened the reaction confirmation link (instead of letting the "like" process stuck)?

1654651062177.png

EDIT: the yellow theme makes me nauseous (maybe too bright?), I'm switching back to the blue one.

Don't do that then. ;)

Patient: "Doctor, doctor, it hurts when I do ___"
Doctor: "Don't do ___!"

except when its the dentist poking at my gum until it bleeds 🤣

but seriously. the "confirmation page" hasn't occurred naturally again for me. on desktop and tablet.

uh... i tried spamming the like button and it happen again. this time on "remove reaction", with dark theme and with dark reader extension disabled.

That sounds like the software is detecting multiple presses of the button and it's getting confused.

Click - OK, they want to do this thing.
Click - OK, they don't want to do this thing.
Click - Uh, they want to do this thing?
Click - Uh, they don't want to do this thing?
Click - AUUUUUGH!!!!!

Software asks user if they really want to do the original thing or not. :p

Regards,
SB

That sounds like the software is detecting multiple presses of the button and it's getting confused.

Click - OK, they want to do this thing.
Click - OK, they don't want to do this thing.
Click - Uh, they want to do this thing?
Click - Uh, they don't want to do this thing?
Click - AUUUUUGH!!!!!

Software asks user if they really want to do the original thing or not. :p

Regards,
SB

that got me thinking: maybe the left click button on my mouse is actually registering errants multiple clicks, could be due to broken button and/or bad signal (I'm on 2.4ghz). maybe my tablet (ancient, android 7) also registers incorrect multiple touches on the like button.

thats why i only experienced it randomly.

Has anyone had the slow posting performance issue in the last few days? I was hoping to catch it in action so I could profile it, but haven't seen it. Has it stopped for everyone else as well?

On my android 7 tablet and android 12 phone (both with chrome and Firefox), theres an icon on the left of usernames that got chopped in half. With and without chrome dark mode.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220608-191049.png
    Screenshot_20220608-191049.png
    290.7 KB · Views: 7
Noticed if using the Beyond3D style in a multi-page thread the current page number does not stand out as much as using the Default or Dark styles.
Is it possible to include a highlight for the Beyond3D style similar to how it's done with the other styles?

Last edited:
On my android 7 tablet and android 12 phone (both with chrome and Firefox), theres an icon on the left of usernames that got chopped in half. With and without chrome dark mode.
Also Android 11 + Edge (OnePlus 8T, I know there's Android 12 for this but I'm waiting for confirmation that the new "OxygenOS 12.1" isn't same Oppocrap as 12 was)

There's a weird bug maybe? on Mobile (safari browser) if you are not logged into B3D, you cannot see the page marker links on a thread. You have to click in and scroll all the way to the bottom to get to the page you want.

That should be above the user name. It's the Online indicator for that user.

EDIT: I wonder if it's when the device is narrower and it's doing it's responsive reflow.

Edit 2: Since the online indicator only flows well when the space is used to display avatars as well, but we have them disabled I also disabled the show online indicator.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220608-091502_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20220608-091502_Chrome.jpg
    275.4 KB · Views: 10
@Rys not sure if intentional or not, but noticed Avatars display on the Default theme while not displayed on the 2 Beyond3D Themes.

Yes, that’s intentional. I dislike avatars (immensely), so they’re disabled in the public themes. Only you and I as admins can see the Default one.

Actually mine is displayed on the other themes as well. I think @Davros is the same.

The default avatars aren't too bad, though to be honest did not even notice.

This will take some getting used to, and I'm sure it won't take long. Only the dark theme text strikes me as painfully bright/contrasty, and I don't think it was like that before. Can we have that toned down a little, please?

Back