XenForo 2 Problems and Feature Requests

page titles: is it intended to have Beyond3D Forum at the end? makes it hard to see with small tabs. one solve could be adding a favicon, will take less space i guess.

1654202675211.png

1654202689736.png

Also, something that I just noticed as I lost the tab among the multiple tabs that I have open.

The browser tab doesn't have the B3D logo in it like it used to. Again, a small thing, but it makes it easier to find if you have a lot of tabs open. :)

Regards,
SB

What does Beyond 3D at the end have to do with the visibility of the title in the tab?
you dont know if its a b3d tab since there is no icon and i dont know if that is intended

You definitely don't want Beyond 3D Forum at the start of the title, all the tabs will show the same thing.
I'm assuming Rhys fixed it all. The tabs in Safari (macOS) show favicon and only show the thread titles.

Any reason for limiting the max-width of .p-header-inner and .p-body-inner to 1200px in css?

We are just discarding usable pixels for people with wider displays than 1280px for no good reason.

At least set the width to 90% and define a new max-width to something like 1920px.

The > 20 posts per page is working for me. It might need a logout and login again to work properly since I think the setting is either stored in, or can conflict with, a value set in the session cookie.

For the older smilies we had that aren't part of the new set, I'll bring those back. I'll also get the favicon working, sorry about that.

Different handling with Alerts. Currently requires a click to get drop down listing, previously mouse-over feature worked.
Using Edge on Windows 10.
same in Firefox, Windows 10. Mouse-over was nice.

It seems old posts with YouTube links that used a timecode:

are broken now.

I can successfully link with a timecode now:

it's just that old posts look like they are broken.

Broken form is:

Code:
id=7eEKLUhoTQs;t=1498

while the working form is:

Code:
7eEKLUhoTQs:1278

so it seems the syntax for a time code has changed from ";t=" to ":", with the semicolon being a parameter separator in the old forum and colon now being used to specify a time parameter directly.

(Note: the two time codes in these examples are deliberately different)

Couple of things which I would very much like if possible to implement:

1. Font size is too small right now and it doesn't look like the font size option in preferences work.
    Even 14px looks better than current 13px but I'd prefer it to be 15-16px for readability sake.

2. Add the option of expanding the main column to window width. This goes against the same readability concerns but on a forum where there are big images (screenshots) being posted often helps more than breaks things.

Back