Current Generation Games Analysis Technical Discussion [2020-2021] [XBSX|S, PS5, PC]

Status
Not open for further replies.
thats what you wrote

also are you sure ps4pro has same performance as xox ?

Yes my mistake. There was one older game on the old engine that I knew has a different setup.

Yakuza Kiwami 2 had the same performance on the mid gen upgrades AFAIK.

Tony Hawk 120fps mode 1080p on ps5 and 1440p on xsx, thats like ps4pro vs ps4 difference (both version has also 4k60 fps mode)

PS5 can't output at 1440p 120hz, XSX can. 4K 60fps (supported in both) pushes more pixels than 1440p 120hz.

Tony Hawk 120fps mode 1080p on ps5 and 1440p on xsx, thats like ps4pro vs ps4 difference (both version has also 4k60 fps mode)
Well this is somehow odd. 4k 60 vs 1080p 120 is only half the "work". But could be the effect, that the CPU has more to do and draws some power away from the GPU in the 120 fps mode.
The values for Series X 4k 60 and 1440 120 make absolut sense.

1.77x more pixels

Oh wow a 77% differentional then.

Well this is somehow odd. 4k 60 vs 1080p 120 is only half the "work". But could be the effect, that the CPU has more to do and draws some power away from the GPU in the 120 fps mode.
The values for Series X 4k 60 and 1440 120 make absolut sense.

Could be, higher frame rate modes equal higher CPU usage usually. It could be the variable clocking tech shift showing its muscles here.

Ps5 can output at 1440p, that's the resolution of demon's souls remake at 60fps for example.
I'm pretty sure no one on here is being serious when they say that. (edit: oh maybe I was wrong)

Obviously can internally/natively render at any resolution and scale it, otherwise how is there games that aren't 2160p and 1080p on the PS.
Xbox just allows 1440p as an output resolution

How does DRS work.

my bad i thought Demon Souls Remake was 1440p.
But yeah point is PS5 can render games at 1440p, even if the final output is not because of some weird Sony's decisions.
UC4 and TLOU2 are 1440p on pro, so that's the resolution they are rendered at on PS5.

Last edited:
my bad i thought DSR was 1440p.
But yeah point is PS5 can render games at 1440p, even if the final output is not because of some weird Sony's decisions.
UC4 and TLOU2 are 1440p on pro, so that's the resolution they are rendered at on PS5.
DRS can scale between any arbitrary resolution and then scaled up or down to the final output resolution.

Could be, higher frame rate modes equal higher CPU usage usually. It could be the variable clocking tech shift showing its muscles here.
Yeah, that would be the only think that would make sense. A dynamic resolution would be interesting here, as the GPU should be idle a lot of the time with this massive reduction in resolution.

Yeah, that would be the only think that would make sense. A dynamic resolution would be interesting here, as the GPU should be idle a lot of the time with this massive reduction in resolution.

Its the case on pc atleast, usually high framerate gaming equals high (er) cpu usage across the board. Playing CSGO at 500+fps stresses the CPU more then say BFV at 4k60 maxed DXR.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back