Current Generation Backwards Compatibility Games Analysis Technical Discussion [XBSX|S, PS5]

Shortbread

Island Hopper
Legend
I figured we needed one mega thread for prior generation games running on next-generation hardware.

XBSX/S

Last edited:
I've seen videos showing off the incredubly fast loading speed of GTA V on Series X, but none showing speed of character switching during free roam (essentially equivalent to fast travel). I'm surprised nobody thought of testing that...

I don't have one, so I can't do any testing, but I'm still waiting for XSX to face the Xbox family's Arch-Nemesis: Saint's Row 2.
Can it beat single digits in the boat race? None have yet.

This is pretty great.
I don't have the console version, so I didn't realize Xbox mods had this kind of access to the game. Now that MS owns Bethesda, they should see if they can free up a coder to implement an official patch for the game, including the X1X version.

This is pretty great. I don't have the console version, so I didn't realize Xbox mods had this kind of access to the game. Now that MS owns Bethesda, they should see if they can free up a coder to implement an official patch for the game, including the X1X version.

I don't think porting Skyrim to new hardware has ever been Bethesda's problem, stopping porting Skyrim to new hardware definitely is! ;)

They're both running the One X and PS4 Pro versions, which AFAIK are very different.

I wish Rockstar would at least patch the game to unlock the framerate to 60FPS.
Did I hear somewhere that they were going to patch it?
Maybe someone can confirm if I'm remembering correctly.

Well, guess that explains it then.

Maybe I was thinking of GTA5 or RDR2 online standone thingy.
Both GTA V and RDR2 could be with minor patches to unlock frame rate on nextgen consoles but that wouldn't necessarily be profitable. Not if the plan to to offer a moderately-priced upgrade. Take Two were moot on their support of free upgrades once things like SmartDelivery were announced.

That is what was being discussed.

Ah fair enough, I didn't realise it was another full port of GTA V - I saw the initial announcement of nextgenm GTA Online. I have to admit I've disappointed with GTA V on a third console generation. This just feels lazy, a bit like endless Skyrim ports. I get GTA V and Skyrim were pretty compromised on 360/PS3 generation consoles but do we need to many ports? I'd really rather that spent engineering effort making their next generation of games better.

Back