Digital Foundry Article Technical Discussion [2020]

Status
Not open for further replies.
PS5 seems close to 5700XT in raw performance it seems? The more taxing charistics of this game could be due to its designed as a next gen title, its not on PS4/OneS etc.

Just wait some years :)
Its better then 5700XT, but lately 5700XT is matching or beating 2070S so its pretty potent console however you slice it.

Inferior system or immature tools you decide.:runaway:

See what I did there... :mrgreen:
Considering that everybody left and right has been praising PS5 tools and secret Cerny sauce I know which side I am on:D

But, at least they are not locking the framerate, meaning that in the future - if they game will be a little bit popular - more powerful systems might run it better.

P.s. I wonder what framerate was in the games from PS1 and PS2 generation. I doubt it reached solid 30 fps

(Oh BTW, I've now a "DFPatreon" library in my Plex. For some games It look really nicer than youtube. And I don't have to wait for 4k. 5 euros monthly well spend (yeah sorry I can't really more as I multiplicate this kind of "donations" :eek: )

(Oh BTW, I've now a "DFPatreon" library in my Plex. For some games It look really nicer than youtube. And I don't have to wait for 4k. 5 euros monthly well spend (yeah sorry I can't reallt more as I multiplicate this kind of "donations" :eek: )
My plex can’t run their HEVC videos; any ideas ?

This is good news. Hopefully, Sony will send their Ninja's as well, because there are certain parts in Dirt 5 where PS5 is clearly showing issues as well and can be resolved during these updates.
I’m not even sure which issues Codemasters are referring to but I assume they are referring to all of them.
Edit: Oh I see who they tweeted to.

okay. Well the post launch support sounds awesome; wheel support please!

I couldn't find any links to support this. Both Sony and Microsoft experiments with super cheap low-end consoles and maybe there was a bundle/sale where this was a thing?

First I admit that I don't count the non hard drive Core model into the equation, because even though it was cheaper, it did not sold many units due to it being such a bad value. No HDD, no wireless controller and only SD-picture output. Getting 720P out of that and a separate HDD put the price over the Premium model already by quite a bit, so my comparison is for HDD model vs HDD model of both consoles. I understand if someone wants to argue about that, but I don't care haha.

With that out of the way. Sony Launched the 40GB model, without any of the PS2 chips in 2007 for $/€399. In October for Europe, where the console itself had only launched in March 2007, so about 7 months later, and November 2007 for North-America, so 12 months after the launch. This was the same price as the main X360 SKU and after that they basically had more or less price parity till the end of the generation.

Great job. I’m nearly sold to buy the game. Keep it up. It’s the coolest racer so far imo
I'm little skeptic here, they didn't address it directly which weird.
During the preview of Xbox Series X many journalists complained about a massive drop in LoD quality in 120fps mode and they didn't address back then
The visual quality continues to dwindle when you take things all the way to 120fps mode, at which point major visual features disappear. The worst is an aggressive level-of-detail (LoD) downgrade for any elements near and above the race track. Mountains start to look less like mountains and more like college-grade assets purchased directly from the Unity development store. Tree-lined hillsides lose some trees. Cars lose polygonal detail and flourishes like grills.
https://arstechnica.com/gaming/2020...s-x-the-120fps-difference-saves-a-rusty-ride/

During the preview of Xbox Series X many journalists complained about a massive drop in LoD quality in 120fps mode and they didn't address back then

https://arstechnica.com/gaming/2020...s-x-the-120fps-difference-saves-a-rusty-ride/
They likely back logged it; Priority is around getting the game to launch on 8 platforms with several modes each. It’s a lot to work on. with the game launched and from what I see they do appear stable enough as a launch release candidate; they can go back and make things better.
120fps mode was likely to be the least used mode

I’m not even sure which issues Codemasters are referring to but I assume they are referring to all of them.

Codematers had responded to tweet (now deleted) that there weren't any major issues with XBSX/S version of D5, but now that tune has changed. I'm pretty sure a lot of stemms from the pushback and/or feedback within the gaming community.

I doubt its running in Ultra. Here is RDNA2 in Epic Quality 4K.

4K-Godfall.png
yeah I also doubt it's ultra, so radeon 5700 29 on avarage here, 5700xt 31,2080 super 31, all worse than ps5 gpu

Because gaming community feedback and/or pushback is far more effective than a handful of gaming journalists. The amount of grievance and/or negativity sent towards Codemasters was quite REAL after DF D5 analysis. YouTube, Twitter, and gaming boards comment sections were a cesspool of complaints and console warring... and no game developer wants their products to fail because of negative reviews and complaints.

I have to say this generation is weird, there is almost no trully great next gen titles that shows power of nextgen systems ( at least ps5 have Demon Souls), and yet its impossible to buy either ps5 or XSX. The back compat titles and cross gen titles with promised huge perf boost comes with mixed results, some works better on XSX some on ps5 (ps5 having edge here). Its feels almost like pc upgarde. Weird

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back