DriveClub VR [PS4]

• Thread starter Deleted member 11852
  • Start date
From the footage I had scene, the car mirrors seemed to not behave realistically. They seemed to behave like a screen that displays what a virtual camera behind the car sees.
Can anyone with psvr test for me, if the angle from which you see the mirrored image change at all as you move your head sideways? Just out of curiosity.

Played for a few seconds. Instant woozy feels.

Exit.

Glad I waited to demo it, Thank you for the early warning :D

From the footage I had scene, the car mirrors seemed to not behave realistically. They seemed to behave like a screen that displays what a virtual camera behind the car sees.
Can anyone with psvr test for me, if the angle from which you see the mirrored image change at all as you move your head sideways? Just out of curiosity.

Yes it does change if I remember correctly. But it didn't feel 100% right.

Am I the only one with pixely mess?

I can't even read the dashboard.

According to reddit I need to manually set resolution to 1080p. Hmm

No, many people complain about this game. It seems upscaled. Game had to double frame rate and render in stereo, so almost 4x the work.

The mirror thing is because it's a single texture for both eyes. Normally your eyes would have slightly different images. I haven't played a racing game yet that does mirrors correctly for VR or 3D Vision. I guess mirrors are still pretty expensive computationally so doubling their requirements might not be feasible.

i bought here they lie, it's blurry as well, looks like it's a problem with games with detailed textures.
I also tried classic driveclub with the headset, and it's blurrier too on the PSVR screen.
they need to at least improve the AA on pro.

The mirror thing is because it's a single texture for both eyes. Normally your eyes would have slightly different images. I haven't played a racing game yet that does mirrors correctly for VR or 3D Vision. I guess mirrors are still pretty expensive computationally so doubling their requirements might not be feasible.
so the rear view mirror looks like a screen?

It's blurry for sure but man it feels so great - especially with a wheel...awesome stuff and I hope Pro helps clean it up a bit.

Sounds like they at least take the head position into consideration then. Some games do and some don't.

Yesterday I joined the club :D It's amazing feeling of presence in the game. I generally feel ok but during turns there is some discomfort. I think I will adapt.

It's weird for me - this is nick-named the vomit comet but I seem fine...yet other games seem to give me motion sickness...I wonder if it's because I found myself leaning into corners, my body reactive to how I might act in a real car is somehow dampening the motion sickness?

Back