All purpose sales and sales rumors/anecdotes thread next gen+

Status
Not open for further replies.
Media Create Week 5: (from GAF)
Code:
+-------+------------+------------+------------+------------+------------+-------------+
|System | This Week | Last Week | Last Year | YTD | Last YTD | LTD |
+-------+------------+------------+------------+------------+------------+-------------+
| 3DS # | 36.408 | 35.262 | 37.462 | 326.739 | 359.838 | 18.165.184 |
| PS4 | 17.392 | 13.793 | | 107.999 | | 1.078.666 |
| PSV # | 12.392 | 15.580 | 22.246 | 125.809 | 179.915 | 3.649.736 |
| PS3 | 7.211 | 8.600 | 14.100 | 48.930 | 95.633 | 10.217.921 |
| WIU | 6.807 | 7.088 | 8.072 | 63.623 | 93.296 | 2.207.203 |
| XB1 | 222 | 259 | | 1.981 | | 45.248 |

Nothing really interesting, but I just realized that the PS4 is already at ~1.08M lifetime in less than 1 year. Reason I bring this up is because I remember discussing the sales pace of the PS4 vs PS3 in Japan with Rangers and he was skeptical that the PS4 could keep pace with the PS3.
The PS3 sold ~1.27M after 14 months, so the PS4 is still keeping pace, and that's with little to no japanese titles and only one holiday season.
I'm still confident that the PS4 can sell as many consoles in Japan as the PS3.

Media Create Week 5: (from GAF)
Code:
|System | This Week | Last Week | Last Year | YTD | Last YTD | LTD |
| 3DS # | 36.408 | 35.262 | 37.462 | 326.739 | 359.838 | 18.165.184 |
| PS4 | 17.392 | 13.793 | | 107.999 | | 1.078.666 |
| PSV # | 12.392 | 15.580 | 22.246 | 125.809 | 179.915 | 3.649.736 |
| PS3 | 7.211 | 8.600 | 14.100 | 48.930 | 95.633 | 10.217.921 |
| WIU | 6.807 | 7.088 | 8.072 | 63.623 | 93.296 | 2.207.203 |
| XB1 | 222 | 259 | | 1.981 | | 45.248 |

Nothing really interesting, but I just realized that the PS4 is already at ~1.08M lifetime in less than 1 year. Reason I bring this up is because I remember discussing the sales pace of the PS4 vs PS3 in Japan with Rangers and he was skeptical that the PS4 could keep pace with the PS3.
The PS3 sold ~1.27M after 14 months, so the PS4 is still keeping pace, and that's with little to no japanese titles and only one holiday season.
I'm still confident that the PS4 can sell as many consoles in Japan as the PS3.

With Dragon Quest Hero, FF type 0 + FF 15 and Bloodborne in February and march and for all the games a special PS4 edition , I think at end of April after14 month the PS4 will catch up the 14 month PS3 sales or maybe do even better.

Later in 2015 Persona 5 and Disgea 5( no PS3 version) will help PS4 sales. This time Tales of.will be on PS4. They have Dragon Dogma Online and Deep Down, Street Fighter 5 and some indie or AA japanese games.

In 2016 FF15 and end of 2016 or 2017 KH3...

If they sold ~500k in Jan WW then the number is not 1.4m "in stock", but ~0.9m. He used a 6.4m shipped number that is only a few days old. What they shipped that is not in the 6.4m is likely zero or near zero.

That 1.4M figure in the channel is a snapshot from the end of the year. Since then sales have continued and so have shipments.

The XB1 Kinect version is officially on sale for $449, where is has shot up to #230 in the last few days on Amazon. I don't really understand the nature of the sale, maybe just trying to get rid of stock?

Microsoft Corp. (MSFT) announced on Friday that the SKU of the Xbox One that comes with a Kinect 2 sensor will receive a $50 USD discount, cutting the price to $449 USD. The discount took hold yesterday and will run through Feb. 21. The deal will be honored by "most national retailers, including Amazon, Best Buy, GameStop, Target, Toys R Us and Walmart, as well as Microsoft Stores." - See more at: http://www.dailytech.com/Microsoft+...+Feb+21/article37136.htm#sthash.mca1ioQh.dpuf

Yeah bizzare in multiple ways. I thought the Kinect SKU was 449 already for one. Two, what the heck is the point of a two week reduction like this, in a slow time of year?

Inventory reduction makes sense maybe, but then begs the question why.

It just occurred to the last few years have been surprisingly high february console sales, which I attribute to tax returns, so that could be an angle. Tax return sale?

Ubisoft Fiscal Q3 2015 numbers. "Sell in". Watch Dogs=10 million (to date). Far Cry 4=7 million. AC Unity and Rogue combined=10 million, and The Crew=2 million (and best selling racer of late 14, basically meaning >Forza and DC, but <Mario Kart.

Paris, February 12, 2015 – Today, Ubisoft released its sales figures for the fiscal quarter ended December 31, 2014.

Sales

Sales for the third quarter of 2014-15 came to €809.7 million, up 55.8% (or 49.5% at
constant exchange rates) compared with the €519.7 million recorded for third-quarter 2013-14.

For the first nine months of fiscal 2014-15, sales totaled €1,293.9 million versus €813.0 millionin the corresponding prior-year period, representing an increase of 59.2% (or 58.3% at constant exchange rates).

The third-quarter sales figure was higher than the target of approximately €730 million
announced when Ubisoft released its first-half 2014-15 results. This performance reflects:

-A sharp increase in market share to 12.8% for 2014 (from 9.6% in 2013).

- A very good performance delivered by the two Assassin’s Creed® opuses, Far Cry® 4
and The Crew®, with respective sales of 10 million, 7 million and 2 million units (sellin):

- Far Cry 4 was voted “Best Shooter” at "The Games Awards 2014".

- Assassin’s Creed Unity won the prize for best “Character Animation in a Video
Game” at the Annie Awards.

- To date, The Crew has recorded the best sales for the racing games released in
late 2014.

- A solid showing from Just Dance® with 4 million units sold (sell-in).

- The continued success of Watch Dogs®, with 10 million units sold (sell-in) since its
release. Watch Dogs is the biggest launch ever of a new IP in the EMEA region and the
second largest launch in the United States.

- A 157.0% surge in digital segment revenues to €138.0 million in the third quarter. For
the first nine months of 2014-15, revenues generated by the digital segment came to
€274.1 million, up 120.3% year on year, and representing 21.2% of Ubisoft’s total
sales compared with 15.3% in the same period of 2013-14.

- A robust 25.9% increase in back-catalog sales to €67.1 million in the third quarter. For
the first nine months of the fiscal year, back-catalog sales rose 6.1% to €181.9 million.

Yves Guillemot, Chief Executive Officer, said "In 2014, Ubisoft offered gamers the most
diversified line-up in the industry, with titles such as Assassin’s Creed Unity, Child of Light, Far Cry 4, Just Dance 2015, The Crew, Trials Fusion and Frontier, Valiant Hearts and Watch Dogs.This uniquely varied offering was also recognized for its overall quality. As a result we achieved a third-quarter performance that was well above target and we expect to generate a record level of free cash flow for 2014-15. We are now capitalizing on the investments we have made over the past several years to further develop our creative strengths, boost our marketing impact and extend our digital footprint. Our performance is all the more impressive given that it is wholly the result of Ubisoft’s teams. Each of these successful games was developed by our in-house studios and we own our brands, which means that our destiny is in our own hands and we are internalizing the value created for our shareholders.”

Yves Guillemot concluded by saying "2015-16 should see a return to growth in the consoles market, in a more competitive games environment and with a substantial installed base for both Xbox One and PLAYSTATION 4. Against this backdrop, Ubisoft will be offering an exceptional line-up and we intend to drive player engagement further through high-potential live services for our games across consoles, PC and mobile."

Outlook

Sales for the fourth quarter of 2014-15

Ubisoft expects fourth-quarter 2014-15 sales to amount to approximately €146.0 million, down by approximately 25% compared with the fourth quarter of 2013-14, which saw the release of South ParkTM The Stick of TruthTM.

Full-year 2014-15

Ubisoft has raised its sales and non-IFRS operating income targets for full-year 2014-15. The sales target is now approximately €1,440 million (versus the previous target of at least €1,400 million) and the new non-IFRS operating income target is approximately €165 million (compared with the previous target of at least €150 million). In addition, the Group expects Free Cash Flow generation to reach more than €150 million.
Full-year 2015-16 Ubisoft is standing by its target for non-IFRS operating income to reach at least €200 million.

capture30quf5.png

That's interesting: Combined numbers for AC Unity and Rogue...

Are they disappointed of the AC Unity sell in numbers? Otherwise why would they combine 2 different games?

It seems to have sold about as well as ACIV. ACIV was on last gen and current gen. So to me combining Rogue and Unity is comparable. Anyways I think on GAF it's implied ACIV did 11 million in 3 months. So Rogue+Unity at 10 million after 1.5 months seems comparable.

That's interesting: Combined numbers for AC Unity and Rogue... Are they disappointed of the AC Unity sell in numbers? Otherwise why would they combine 2 different games?

I find this the most plausible reason to combine figures. Unity was a massive four-year long undertaking for Ubisoft, if it had sold well relative to previous franchise outings, or just nextgen game sales in general, I'm certain they would have published the sales numbers. Rogue really was a throwaway, at the time they began development they likely had no idea that the shift to nextgen would be so rapid.

It seems to have sold about as well as ACIV. ACIV was on last gen and current gen. So to me combining Rogue and Unity is comparable. Anyways I think on GAF it's implied ACIV did 11 million in 3 months. So Rogue+Unity at 10 million after 1.5 months seems comparable.

Unity and Rogue are still 2 different games. And the combining trick is a well known obfuscation technique.

I dont get it...

ACIV on Wii U, PS3, 360, X1, PS4

Vs AC Unity on X1, PS4

That's fair how?

They just split it into two games covering the same number of platforms (minus Wii U which didn't contribute a lot anyway).

Edit: that's referring to overall sales of the franchise. I have no position on if Unity secretly bombed or something. If you want to go down that alley, maybe focus on the fact the bundled X1 copies probably contributed a good deal to that total (assuming they are included)? 2.4 million X1 sold in NPD +Dec, not sure when Unity started being bundled but that would seem like maybe 3 million worldwide.

Last edited:
Yeah bizzare in multiple ways. I thought the Kinect SKU was 449 already for one. Two, what the heck is the point of a two week reduction like this, in a slow time of year?

Inventory reduction makes sense maybe, but then begs the question why.

It just occurred to the last few years have been surprisingly high february console sales, which I attribute to tax returns, so that could be an angle. Tax return sale?

When MS dropped the Kinect-less SKU from $400 to $350 back on January 16 they DIDN'T drop the Kinect SKU to $449. They left it at $499. This new promotion has to be for clearing the channel. I've been checking Amazon since it was supposed to drop to $449 on Sunday, but it didn't drop until probably Monday afternoon. Plus, it didn't even look like they had any of their own stock. It was always sold by somebody else & fulfilled by Amazon. Plus, it wasn't even for the Assassin's Creed Kinect bundle. That bundle I don't think has yet dropped below $489.

Tommy McClain

Source: GAF

NPD Sales Results for January 2015

Software:
1.) Dying Light (PS4, Xbox One, PC; Warner Bros.)
2.) Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare (Xbox One ,PS4, 360, PS3, PC; Activision Blizzard)
3.) Grand Theft Auto V (Xbox One, PS4, 360, PS3; Take-Two Interactive)
4.) Minecraft (360, PS3, Xbox One, PS4; Microsoft)
5.) NBA 2K15 (Xbox One, PS4, 360, PS3, PC; Take-Two Interactive)
6.) Super Smash Bros. (Wii U, 3DS; Nintendo)
7.) Far Cry 4 (PS4, Xbox One, 360, PS3, PC; Ubisoft)
8.) Madden NFL 15 (Xbox One, PS4, 360, PS3; Electronic Arts)
9.) Destiny (Xbox One, PS4, 360, PS3; Activision Blizzard)
10.) FIFA 15 (PS4, Xbox One, 360, PS3, Wii, Vita, 3DS; Electronic Arts)

Notes:
-“In January 2015, Dying Light had the highest first month of sales for new IP in the survival-horror genre, exceeding the previous record, The Evil Within, which launched in October 2014,” said NPD analyst Liam Callahan.
-Smash Wii U - 90K, 1.4 million LTD (digital + retail)
-Smash 3DS - 90K, 2.1 million LTD (digital + retail)
-Pokemon ORAS - 150K, 2.7 million LTD (digital + retail)
-Wii U software is up nearly 45% year over year.
-The Xbox One had more game sales per console than any other platform.

Hardware:
PS4: #1 spot
Xbox One: Best January ever, so more than 140K
Wii U: Up nearly 30% year over year => a bit under ~63.7K

Last edited:
PR......

Sony
”PlayStation 4 was the top selling console in January, it and remains the cumulative leader in the U.S., according to NPD data,” an SCEA spokesperson told GamesBeat. “Since launch in November 2013, 18.5 million PS4 units and 81.8 million software units have been sold through to consumers worldwide.”

http://venturebeat.com/2015/02/12/ja...-npd-ps4-wins/

MS
“After closing a record-breaking holiday, 2015 is off to a great start,” Xbox marketing corporate vice president Mike Nichols siad. “With record January sales for Xbox One and more game sales per console than any other platform.”

http://venturebeat.com/2015/02/12/ja...-npd-ps4-wins/

Nintendo
From Nintendo:

Nintendo games and systems closed 2014 with strong momentum, and that has carried over into 2015. Some Nintendo highlights from the January NPD report include:

· Sales of Wii U hardware and software increased by nearly 30 percent and nearly 45 percent, respectively, over the same month last year.

· Super Smash Bros. for Wii U added more than 90,000 combined physical and digital units to bring its lifetime total to more than 1.4 million total units in the U.S.

· Pokémon Omega Ruby and Pokémon Alpha Sapphire sold more than 150,000 combined physical and digital units, bringing their combined lifetime total to more than 2.7 million total units in the United States alone.

· Super Smash Bros. for Nintendo 3DS sold more than 90,000 combined physical and digital units in its fifth month on the market, bringing its lifetime total to more than 2.1 million total units in the United States alone.

On Feb. 13, Nintendo will launch the New Nintendo 3DS XL system with four unique SKUs to choose from. The new system will launch alongside two highly anticipated titles: The Legend of Zelda: Majora’s Mask 3D and Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate. Exactly one month later on March 13, portable gaming fans will be able to play Code Name: S.T.E.A.M.

In just a few days on Feb. 20, Wii U fans will get the chance to experience Kirby and the Rainbow Curse. A few months later in May, gamers will get the chance to play one of the more anticipated titles of the year in Splatoon.

*Data regarding physical sales of games are from the NPD Group. Data regarding digital downloads of games and combined physical/digital life-to-date numbers are from Nintendo’s internal sales figures. All numbers, unless otherwise stated, are specific to the United States only.

Based on Creamsugar's pie chart:
PS4 ~193k
XB1 ~153k
WiU ~64k
360 ~40k
PS3 ~35k
Wii ~8k

Shitty numbers all around...PS4 sold ~80k than last Jan and X1 a bit more than last Jan (at a lower price though)

Last edited:
What a blase hardware month.

X1 led in multiplat sales in many cases. Didn't expect that.

February has been pretty strong lately, so maybe it'll pick up next month.

Amazon's streak of picking winners this gen remains perfect. Based on Amazon so far PS4 is on track to take February as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back