All purpose sales and sales rumors/anecdotes thread next gen+

Status
Not open for further replies.
And the 1.5 m in stock comes from?

A little part in Europe mostly UK and the biggest part in US. In continental Europe PS4 was not available in every shop. The 3 or 4 last day before Christmas it was difficult to find a PS4 but not impossible.

In January it is very difficult to find one. Shop will have some stock of The Order 1886 bundle but the standard Pack is difficult to find and no new stock if the shop is out of stock before a long time. My friend working in Gamestop shop near Paris said to me they are out of stock since the last Saturday before Christmas and he will have standard pack in the beginning of March...

Same thing into an article about consoles in Germany they were out of stock the week before Christmas.

I think at least 500 k PS4 would have been a good thing for Europe. They lost sales no way parents will let children without console for Christmas.

They will give less stock to US for 1st quarter 2015 and send more console in Europe.

Last edited:
And Sony said that October US sales of PS4 were under the target because of the Xbox One discount.

It was a surprise for them. And Andrew House said not enough PS4 for Christmas In Europe.

Last edited:
so basically around 1.4M in the channel.

This is an interesting tidbit in itself. I've often wondered how many units were in the channel and figured it'd be about a million worldwide. Maybe there was more at this time because of the holiday season or maybe it's always around 1.4m.

Does "shipped" include unit in shipping (on boats and such) or only unit sold and delivered to retailers etc?

Does "shipped" include unit in shipping (on boats and such) or only unit sold and delivered to retailers etc?

For the last few years it's meant "sold to retail".

I dont suppose it matters what stage of the shipping pipeline the product is in. It could be just off the assembly line in China, or at the retailer. As long as it's been spoken for so to speak.

Sony announced 18.5M sold through in early January. Now we have 19.9M shipped number at the end of 2014, so basically around 1.4M in the channel. I'm sure there is some margin of error, but should be around there anyway.

That's assuming they have not sold a single unit in one month.

Fun sales chart by Konami

KXEzgYs.jpg

PES = money from Europe.
Europe = Sony fandom.

Vita moves as many games as XBox One. That's intriguing.

Noticed Evolve seems to be doing badly on Amazon, releases in 5 days and the PS4 version I noticed only at #62. Does not bode well.

And you assume they have failed to ship any new stock this year.

If they sold ~500k in Jan WW then the number is not 1.4m "in stock", but ~0.9m. He used a 6.4m shipped number that is only a few days old. What they shipped that is not in the 6.4m is likely zero or near zero.

PES = money from Europe.
Europe = Sony fandom.

Vita moves as many games as XBox One. That's intriguing.

Is that digital games or physical only? If its digital, any way of telling how many of those are the free games from PSN+? Or games that people spent actual money on instead of "free"?

Is that digital games or physical only? If its digitsl, any way of telling how many of those are the free games from PSN+? Or games that people spent actual money on instead of "free"?

There's no way those are just physical. Almost all of Vita's sales are digital nowadays. It's probably physical + digital.
You can check how many games from Konami were offered in Plus during 2014 here. I did a fast check but there doesn't seem to be any.

Of course, I'd guess that a XBone sale will do Konami more money than a Vita sale because the XBone titles are more expensive. But the development costs are probably very different too, so it's hard to tell which platform is making Konami more money in Europe.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back