All purpose sales and sales rumors/anecdotes thread next gen+

Status
Not open for further replies.
So some 40k XB1's in Spain. Is it readily available? If not, that suggests supply was (at least partly) the limiting factor.

So some 40k XB1's in Spain. Is it readily available? If not, that suggests supply was (at least partly) the limiting factor.
It's not the lack of supply. When PS3 was released in Spain Sony sold more than 400k units the first year, and the console cost 600€ back then -the most expensive X360 model cost 400€, yet I was outsold by a large margin-. Portugal is more or less the same, proportionally, in percentage terms.

I think Nintendo and Microsoft don't stand a chance in the Iberian Peninsula, call it Spanish Inquisition of sales.

It's in stock at amazon.es with 999+ available, FWIW. Ranked 201 in videogames.
http://www.amazon.es/Microsoft-Xbox..._5?s=videogames&ie=UTF8&qid=1391197766&sr=1-5

5:1 is no surprise, but 15:1? :eek:

BTW, amazon.com and amazon.co.uk have the standalone PS4 in stock. Seems like supply issues are slowly getting resolved, at least in the larger markets. Still hard to find one here in Canada.

In France, PS4 is very difficult to find. I never see a PS4 in store! I have the PS4 bundle!

It's in stock at amazon.es with 999+ available, FWIW. Ranked 201 in videogames.
http://www.amazon.es/Microsoft-Xbox..._5?s=videogames&ie=UTF8&qid=1391197766&sr=1-5

5:1 is no surprise, but 15:1? :eek:

BTW, amazon.com and amazon.co.uk have the standalone PS4 in stock. Seems like supply issues are slowly getting resolved, at least in the larger markets. Still hard to find one here in Canada.

Amazon has stock! Now lets see how long it lasts...just checked and it's currently 999+.

Anyways the 15:1 thing...probably why MS is getting worried and mooting a lower priced model in 2014 (all predictable imo)

PS4 up 1600% since it went in stock at Amazon, #2 and climbing. XB1 hanging in at #28.

The demand for this thing is boggling. I guess people were very hungry for next gen.

At this rate I wonder what the install base will be at after 2014 Christmas. Demand has to drop off mid 2014.... right?

http://www.amazon.com/gp/bestsellers/2014/videogames/ref=zg_bsar_cal_ye

Extra dualshock 4 outsold Xbox One at Amazon in january. NPD will be minimum 1.5:1

Because there can typically be multiple controllers to a single console, it doesn't necessarily say much about the ratio.

I do think that we are starting to see increased availability for the PS4, so it shouldn't be long before they are both fully non-supply constrained. That is when we will start to be able to draw conclusions about relative demand. I think February NPD will be the right month.

Because there can typically be multiple controllers to a single console, it doesn't necessarily say much about the ratio.

Also, it's only amazon. I dont know Amazon's share of the gaming market, but I want to say some time ago it was under 10% (seems like it might be a good bit more now, but who knows).

Safe to assume they sell less consoles than at least Wal Mart, Target, Gamestop, and Best Buy, imo anyway. That would place them 5th, but they may even be below some like Toys R Us and Costco, I really have no idea.

I'd just like to highlight for something Joker said somewhere not too long ago (PC price versus console discussion) where he thought local multiplayer was on the way out. Here we have a brand new console with little software and still people are buying extra controllers for local multiplayer. I think the console experience is very much social gaming, especially with family.

I'd just like to highlight for something Joker said somewhere not too long ago (PC price versus console discussion) where he thought local multiplayer was on the way out. Here we have a brand new console with little software and still people are buying extra controllers for local multiplayer. I think the console experience is very much social gaming, especially with family.

Well that conclusion is strictly a numbers thing, in that look at how many games offer online multiplayer support and how many offer local multiplayer support. Family or party games of course all have local multi player support, they have to otherwise they aren't family nor party games. But when talking about games for "hardcore gamers" the focus nowadays is far more on online multiplayer, not local multiplayer.

Not to pour too much water on the discussion, but the Dual Shock 4 is gaining a strong reputation as a PC controller these days, so sales of it may not be directly connected to the PS4.

Also, it's only amazon. I dont know Amazon's share of the gaming market, but I want to say some time ago it was under 10% (seems like it might be a good bit more now, but who knows).

Safe to assume they sell less consoles than at least Wal Mart, Target, Gamestop, and Best Buy, imo anyway. That would place them 5th, but they may even be below some like Toys R Us and Costco, I really have no idea.

But does it sound to reason that they have different radically trends than any other outlet?

Well that conclusion is strictly a numbers thing, in that look at how many games offer online multiplayer support and how many offer local multiplayer support. Family or party games of course all have local multi player support, they have to otherwise they aren't family nor party games. But when talking about games for "hardcore gamers" the focus nowadays is far more on online multiplayer, not local multiplayer.

You just need one game to need one extra controller.. and if you even think you might get one game then you might as well get it.

I got the red one so my girl has one, and only used it for 2 things when one is flat and Knack..

You just need one game to need one extra controller.. and if you even think you might get one game then you might as well get it.

I got the red one so my girl has one, and only used it for 2 things when one is flat and Knack..

And sports games like NBA2K14, FIFA14 or Madden are popular game for local multiplayer...

I think more people buy them to use for standby duty so you never have to be corded while playing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back