Formula 1 - 2014 Season

http://joesaward.wordpress.com/2014/06/26/the-world-council-meets/

Standing restart after safety car. On the one hand, it's silly, but on the other hand why not try it?

But from what Graeme Lowdon was explaining to Ted Kravitz in the last Ted's Notebook episode from Austria these standing restarts will be used at Race Director discretion and are not compulsory. So for instance if it's wet or dangerous we are most likely are going to get rolling restart as we do now.

Cracking qualification at Silverstone :D

The grid for tomorrow is explosive! Weather man predicts dry race but it's England so I wouldn't bet my house on it :)

BTW I'm rooting for underdogs and today Marussia was on the roll! Amazing showing by them and legitimate speed in the car! With only £2000.00* they have for upgrades this year they are doing fantastic job!

* slight exaggeration but that was they spending on upgrades for Monaco race

I don't understand what happened in the last minutes of Q3. The intervals on TV showed Vettel and the other as way over the P1 time and then they were several seconds faster at the end of the lap.

On the second to last lap, drivers saw rain starting, so their hopes of fast laps were seriously crushed.

On the last lap, 1st two sectors were very wet and slow [Hamilton backed out there], but suddenly, last sector was dry. Vettel was 2.6sec down after first 2 sectors, but managed to find more than 3 seconds in last sector. Hulk, Button, Vettel and Rosberg took great advantage from that dry 3rd sector, very unexpected turn of events.

Tomorrow's grid is very strange, a lot of drivers got placed in weird positions.

The BBC is reporting Hamilton's failure to do well in qualifying as an error as he didn't realise so much time was there to be made up in the third sector.

Basically it was Hamilton's own decision to not do that last lap because he thinks that the track is too wet. Because Ham is 1st at that point, he probably think that his time is safe. For others (especially Vettel) it was nothing to loose. Anyway, I'm happy for Button because this is an emotional GP for him. Hope that he can get a good result for tomorrow.

Basically it was Hamilton's own decision to not do that last lap because he thinks that the track is too wet. Because Ham is 1st at that point, he probably think that his time is safe. For others (especially Vettel) it was nothing to loose. Anyway, I'm happy for Button because this is an emotional GP for him. Hope that he can get a good result for tomorrow.
I think the fact that Rosberg would be behind him the whole lap and he would overtake using slipstream at the end of the lap ensuring Hamilton does not get pole really killed his motivation.

Also both Ferrari's out in Q1... I think they have already written off this season and are just using it as a test-run for next year.

I think the fact that Rosberg would be behind him the whole lap and he would overtake using slipstream at the end of the lap ensuring Hamilton does not get pole really killed his motivation.

Also both Ferrari's out in Q1... I think they have already written off this season and are just using it as a test-run for next year.

Had Hamilton driven the lap as "time lap" Rosberg couldn't have slipstreamed him

Kimi made a big mistake on lap1, crashed had, spun across the track into the group of cars. Red Flag is active for ~1 hour, restart is in 1 minute.

Great race even without Nico and Lewes battling it out proper way!

After the race Alonso said that whining on his side was triggered by Vettel complaining first, so he returned favour to keep stewards in balance :)
He also mentioned that his car had problems with ERS and rear wing stalling on randomly causing rear of his car to be very unstable. Still with all these problems he decided not to let Vettel go easily, amazing!

Great race even without Nico and Lewes battling it out proper way!

After the race Alonso said that whining on his side was triggered by Vettel complaining first, so he returned favour to keep stewards in balance :)
He also mentioned that his car had problems with ERS and rear wing stalling on randomly causing rear of his car to be very unstable. Still with all these problems he decided not to let Vettel go easily, amazing!

Same said Vettel...he got a warning by his engineer and than thought that he should also start to complain and count all violations...

Great race, shame about Rosberg but now the championship is back on for Hamilton.

Big accident for Räikkönen >45 G, I read he may not drive in the test this week. Hopefully he will be ready for the next race in Hungary.

Alonso v. Vettel was entertaining, but Alonso's tyres were just too old. All the complaining in the world won't fix that problem. Still, Vettel won track position and the complain-off, IMHO. :)

It wasn't the tyres that were the problem he had an ERS fault. Given how he seemed to have more traction out of the corners than Vettel I would suggest his tyres were fine.

Big accident for Räikkönen >45 G, I read he may not drive in the test this week. Hopefully he will be ready for the next race in Hungary.

If Kimi cant heal fast enough for next race, he will be replaced temporarily by the universal F1 reserve driver that can easily drive for any team on the grid.
Pedro de la Rosa :LOL:

The next race is in Germany, though, not Hungary. According to Ferrari Kimi will have no problems participating in the GP.

Back