Microsoft Xbox Reveal Event - May 21, 2013

Status
Not open for further replies.
Event finished.....I was expecting more :???:

Edit: Sony showed more stuff that mattered with sharing game experience and social gaming. I was expecting Microsoft to top that.
I was expecting some more impressive stuff in terms of games too.

The TV integration didnt look like something that will be a system seller either, especially if you are outside the US.

And more Kinect voice recognition to control my console? Not everyone's cup of tea.

They didnt say much in terms of hardware either. They were very selective with the announcement of the specs. Which raises suspicion it was deliberate because they didnt have much to say. Unless they keep their aces for E3

After this show I wonder if MS cares for non US customers? If they care for Europe? I wonder if they feel that gamers are important or if they focus on people like Tap In instead...I am really disappointed at the moment, not what I expected :(

Where is it streamed?

From the first post (consolidated info from AzBat, Cjail, Xenio) it mentions MajorNelson. I dont know if it's from Twitch.TV only or if it'll be elsewhere too.

http://majornelson.com/2013/05/21/xbox-one-architecture-panel/

Today a 3p ET/12n PT/190:00 GMT join me and the following special guests to discuss the Architecture of Xbox One. Here you’ll hear more about the design decisions behind the ultimate all in one gaming and entertainment box.

Todd Holmdahl, Corp. Vice President, IEB Hardware
Nick Baker, Distinguished Engineer, Console Architecture
Boyd Multerer , Director of Development
Dan Greenawalt , Creative Director Turn 10 Studios

- No relevant hardware specs
- 3 games shown, one of them is half-TV stuff, half game
- Will play some kind of american sport, or something..
- Will play series and movies. Yay.
- Supports voice and gesture commands that I won't really use
- Visually, CoD Ghost looks like a dumbed-down Crysis 3 for PC?

I'd rather not be forced to spend the extra for the new kinect. Couldn't care less about the TV features because I most probably won't use them. Absolutely no word on 2nd screen gaming, only about using a windows phone to control the channels and see the roster (which any Android has been doing with my set-top box for over a year).

The total for Sony's PS4 APU shouldn't be more than 3 billion transistors if I read their specs properly, so if MS is talking 5Bill?

Eh, until MS give us hard numbers............

6SZT47w.jpg

https://twitter.com/AdamSessler/status/336901672662077443

:LOL:

I will keep saying this untill someone tells what the big deal :

ummm....I can already switch between TV and games at the press of a button ! Whats the big deal? I don't have to change inputs, I have them all connected already !

games will not appear that significantly different to make a difference to most people

What WILL make a difference are the features that people here are poo pooing..

It is the Upper hand in the mass market

It will make zero difference outside of US. It remains to be determined how much the europe market matters though.

games will not appear that significantly different to make a difference to most people

It is the Upper hand in the mass market

The features better be world wide and something gamers are looking for, instead of.. games. So far it seems VERY american.. not a bad thing, except when the rest of the world gets left out of the party.

Personally i am glad, i can bury the hatchet and buy me a Blu-Ray equipped XBOX when it launches.. welcome to 2006 Microsoft.. i missed you.

Yeah, I wasn't planning to get one since stuff like graphics, resolution and 60fps are critical to me so I'll stick to gaming on pc. But my wife who has absolutely zero interest in games just came into my office asking me about the Xbox One because of the nfl stuff she just read, as she is a huge nfl fan. Hence it looks like I'll have an Xbox One after all as she is planning to buy one just for that, cool, her first ever console :)

http://www.engadget.com/2013/05/21/building-xbox-one-an-inside-look/

8 Core Jaguar is confirmed.

That SoC contains both the CPU and GPU, as well as embedded ESRAM; the first two components are based on an AMD design, and custom-built into an SoC with embedded ESRAM. That CPU is based on the Jaguar design from AMD, with eight cores and a 4MB L2 cache, while the GPU is of the D3D11.1 (with extensions) variety, Baker told us.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back