News & Rumors: Xbox One (codename Durango)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I saw green strawberries and red kiwis as well, several times actually, and I even saw a football field as orange once (the TV was bad)
And no I mix only specific frequencies so usually can tell green for red.

Though I wish FPS/TPS developer could uses blue for allies and red for foes ;)

Last edited by a moderator:
It's not lethal you know ;)

damn, really it's not? :( (joking of course)

a funny thing it's that sony is reacting to xbox hype too

Hg3klDh.jpg

slowly news day :LOL: internet is frenzy

I saw green strawberries and red kiwis as well, several times actually, and I even saw a football field as orange once (the TV was bad)

Starhawk has a colour-blind mode. :yep2: Although typical red-blue is a fairly safe bet as RB colour-blindness is very rare. But SH's orange/cyan is extremely safe. Of course, you also have to worry about player names and markings being clear against the environment. In a world of oranges, browns and greens, red and blue do stand out.

Ummm...on topic...Durango has a system wide colour preference setting for teams, so the player can set their preferred team colours and the game just loads them in. I bet. Probably. Perhaps.

Starhawk has a colour-blind mode. :yep2: Although typical red-blue is a fairly safe bet as RB colour-blindness is very rare. But SH's orange/cyan is extremely safe. Of course, you also have to worry about player names and markings being clear against the environment. In a world of oranges, browns and greens, red and blue do stand out.

sorry for the OT Shifty, just to help him
if he plays with pc too, in case he have an nVidia graphic card, he can (and probably should, if he is colorblind) change the color spectrum in the nVidia control panel to anything he want

@Shifty Geezer

Even Killzone has color blind mode, and it works, but believe me some games got it wrong or don't have it at all.
RB is the way to go for me...though I don't' need it much in KZ since I turn the HUD off altogether.

Probably OT but yet it would be nice if we could customize HUD on next gen cosnle as well.

Last edited by a moderator:

Mine isn't that bad. For me, the shade of the colour makes a big difference, but forests look green and blood looks red. Thin lines like text or small icons it can be very hard to tell, which is one reason I'll agree with you that they shouldn't use green/red as important indicators on screen.

I expect that the main thing today is "developers, developers, developers". I think they will go all in with the "open" store model (similar to Windows 8 and Windows Phone) and that they will announce stuff like support for Unity. I see this as the first major console which will target the indie developers in addition to the big studios.

I also suspect that the "apps on TV" will be the next big thing and Microsoft are in a great position to take a dominant position on that market.

I expect that the main thing today is "developers, developers, developers". I think they will go all in with the "open" store model (similar to Windows 8 and Windows Phone) and that they will announce stuff like support for Unity. I see this as the first major console which will target the indie developers in addition to the big studios.

I also suspect that the "apps on TV" will be the next big thing and Microsoft are in a great position to take a dominant position on that market.

No I think developers would have their love in closed environment out of the way, this is for everyone from us geeks to the casual.

I'm wetting my pants here with excitement, come on move it forward a couple of hours Microsoft please lol.

No I think developers would have their love in closed environment out of the way, this is for everyone from us geeks to the casual.

I'm wetting my pants here with excitement, come on move it forward a couple of hours Microsoft please lol.

The Sony event was basically 1/2 developer-focused and 1/2 press focused. Unless you knew about the story of the PS3, you had no idea why some people were cheering. And it's funny when the tech press tried to interpret those cheers. Similar thing happened at Google I/O: "They cheered for a new IDE, wha? Ok."

I hope you're right. The console with the best indie and small dev library is probably where I'll go. That's starting to be more in-line with my playing habits.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back