News & Rumors: Xbox One (codename Durango)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think the second-install fee is a fair move. You can still borrow it from a friend and play it cheaper than if you were to buy it new, or buy it used if you really want to.

that licensing sounds pretty much what I expected... install on one live account at a time so no disc required YEH! but you can sell them as used and they will need to be activated for fee by new user so pubs get a cut of the used game market. similar to how online passes needed to be purchased for most used games the last couple years,

so GS is happy only question it osunds like each disc will be coded so they know if same disc is installed on two machines... which I assume means a full fee will need to be paid as it is two full usable installs.

if it is deactivated on one live account and activated on another it is probably a $10 fee for example much like online pass but now it will even be for SP games and not just MP content

that wording makes no sense. are there going to different soc's in different xbox's? hardly.

unless they meant to say system power draw will vary by scenario, but can go up to 100 watts...

overall i doubt this will clock in at just 100 watts. but i suppose it's lightly plausible based on a hd 7770 running a 80w tdp.

XBOXone SOC is fabricated in 40 nm CMOS process while HD 7770 of PC is fabricated in 28 nm process.

XBOXone SOC is fabricated in 40 nm CMOS process while HD 7770 of PC is fabricated in 28 nm process.

Where did you get the 40nm from ? Makes no sense to me. Though AMD is using standard cell synthesis to do their CPUs (in theory makes it easy to move from one node to the other), I can't imagine they back ported their new (or current ... in it's a Bulldozer) core to 40 nm. 40 nm results into a HUGE die....

Or maybe Microsoft likes the slogon "Tiles 'r us"

Lets hope they can patch it out so we don't have a whole generation of games that doesn't exist when they shutdown the activation servers. Sigh, my worst fears have been confirmed..

But its as simple as I OWN the game, why can't I play it anywhere I want? Why can't I loan it to a friend?

There's a website claiming BC is out ! No Backward compatibility either!

Hmmm...paid online, TV stuff I can't use, blocked used games, no BC either. Why should I buy this? I really wanted to change after PS2 and 3 , but this is plain weird :???:

Lied to about specs in a PM on GAF and then permabanned.

Oh well. I thought I was sharing real info:cry:

Nothing ever goes right for me.

I don't think it can be 40nm unless they are adding up all the transistors in the entire box.

Some rough calculations from transistor densities would put a 40nm/5B transistor chip in the 600-700mm range. No way that is economical.

Lied to about specs in a PM on GAF and then permabanned.

Oh well. I thought I was sharing real info:cry:

Nothing ever goes right for me.

Reiko, forgetaboutit.

If getting banned from an internetforum was the worst thing that could happen to you today, then your life is perhaps not so bad, right? :)

But its as simple as I OWN the game, why can't I play it anywhere I want? Why can't I loan it to a friend?

There's a website claiming BC is out ! No Backward compatibility either!

Hmmm...paid online, TV stuff I can't use, blocked used games, no BC either. Why should I buy this? I really wanted to change after PS2 and 3 , but this is plain weird :???:

you simply log into your live account to play at a friends, no doubt.

Also I'm assuming each disc is encoded with its own serial number

we need more details before everyone freaks out and I'm 99% certain Sony's machine will be similar

100W TDP for 5 Billion transistors? :???:

The heatsink is a monster and has a phase-change interface, so that's cool, but yes...

The console runs in multiple power states, which means it runs in a low-wattage setting when not in use. (Microsoft wouldn't give us specifics other than to say, "The system is designed for an SoC up to about 100W, but will vary on the scenario.")

I don't think it can be 40nm unless they are adding up all the transistors in the entire box.

Some rough calculations from transistor densities would put a 40nm/5B transistor chip in the 600-700mm range. No way that is economical.

40 nm process is reported by wire. http://goo.gl/XzrIY

And 5 billion transistor is not the number of transistors in one single SOC.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back