[360, PS3] Crysis 2

If the ps 3 version is like bayonetta cryteck should be prepared to eat a lot of crow because they already said ps 3 had more performance and would be the best version to playstation 3 magazine probably should take that with a grain of salt if you consider to what for magazine they were talking too.

I though they said for the time PS3 was giving better perfomance (when announcement was made). Latest I've heared is they are both performing similarly and giving similar results being very very close to each other.

Another video of demo but this shows players using abilities. Also looks very nice at beginning with swaying vegetation. Starting to like the features and flow. Reminds me of those videos of people jumping. sliding, climbing over city buildings/objects in a non stop motion (those Russian and French athletic guys).

Last edited by a moderator:
Framerate analysis posted by crysuki at inCrysis:

Originally Posted by crysuki said:
Framerate Analysis
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VrtOkNOgm1Q

Average FPS: 29.991fps
Min FPS: 29.0
Max FPS: 30.0
Tearing: 0.023%

Wow!

Ugaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa! Crytek should fix streaming problem!!!

Since there is some tiny amount of tearing the vsync option for 360 might be soft-vsync (EDRAM limitation?) while PS3 has regular vsync with tripplebuffering?

Another video of demo but this shows players using abilities. Also looks very nice at beginning with swaying vegetation. Starting to like the features and flow. Reminds me of those videos of people jumping. sliding, climbing over city buildings/objects in a non stop motion (those Russian and French athletic guys).

yes.

that's how this game is made to be played.

regardless, based on the multiplayer I've seen I'm projecting the SP to be the best looking Console game to date.

Is it just me or is that player just running jumping around until enemy comes into view then firing? Radar seems pretty useless? Kind of reminds me of old Quake Arena style gameplay which I find to be quite boring, no environmental strategy involved whatsoever.

Anyway I played the demo some more yesterday and it crashed twice. With that said I will likely pick up the game eventually but not at launch. I do like the graphics and stable framerate.

Is it just me or is that player just running around until enemy comes into view then firing? Radar seems pretty useless?

radar is off by default until someone gets a killstreak and activates it. even then it is pretty useless IMO for the most part and I think cloaked enemies do not appear on map. Although there is a proximity sensor perk which alerts you to even cloaked enemies by audible cues and a perk to display cloaked enemies in your view.

Does not bother me as I usually play FPS in hardcore which treats mini map in same way

Looks nice, didn't like it.
I thought the same after the first match I played, albeit not bad, my impressions weren't great. It's been years since I've played a FPS. Plus, I can't play at a competitive level, I just play for fun.

The thumb finger of my left hand became extra sensitive after a very deep cut I suffered months ago (in the middle of it -at the joint's height-). It became extra sensitive, I can feel bumps and imperfections of my skin, hair, etc a lot more intensely compared to the rest of my hands' fingers, and it hurts. Besides, I can't bend it easily.

Anyway, back on topic..., the more I play Crysis 2 the more I find the game aesthetically pleasing. When I played it for the first time I didn't play any other game to compare it too, nor I had played other game for a few days.

The second time I tried the demo I had played Fable 3 a few minutes ago, for instance. Fable 3 is a good game, but graphically wise it looks incredibly drab compared to Crysis 2.

The Global Illumination effect does really make a huge difference, and now I'm beginning to think a lot of games look drab. :???: Maybe it was just Fable 3, whose textures aren't "lit up" in any way no matter how you look at them, but I experienced the same feeling with other games, including the colourful ones.

I felt kind of negative towards the game at first but now I find delight and joy in it, :smile: and that initial negativity really lessened in the time I played it.

As for the PS3 version and judging by the config files, pretty much like PC gamers pointed out already, both versions will look very close.

Regarding Bayonetta the comparison brings me a smile. Here's hoping Crysis 2 will turn out different.

this thread made go pick up Far Cry 2 ...again. (360) forgot how cool the environment is, the fire and wind and grass and trees and such. beautiful all things considered. under appreciated.

this thread made go pick up Far Cry 2 ...again. (360) forgot how cool the environment is, the fire and wind and grass and trees and such. beautiful all things considered. under appreciated.

Agreed, I'm on my first go through it now and although I was critical at first, the more I play the more I appreciate the environments. Gorgeous looking game. Quite fun too actually.

yes.

regardless, based on the multiplayer I've seen I'm projecting the SP to be the best looking Console game to date.

I can't see how anyone can say that Crysis 2 will be the best looking console game...isn't it a bit early? because from what we've seen sure the game looks nice and tech-features wise might be impressive for a console game but it also has some serious shortcomings - mainly the ugly IQ, the annoying LOD and the low resolution particles which btw all 3 areas are worse than you average high-profile game.

From what I've played all the good and impressive things that this game does (GI, OMB, HDR e.t.c.) are dragged down mainly by the IQ and LOD problems...in it's current state I don't think that Crysis 2 will hold a candle against games like Killzone 3, Uncharted 3 and Gears of War 3 IMO.

i don't know if it's because i play too much black ops, but the framerate of the demo is not smooth at all, it feels like it's under 30fps, more like 20-25, the blur effect when moving makes it worse, i thought motion blur was supposed to smoothe the animation ?

i don't know if it's because i play too much black ops, but the framerate of the demo is not smooth at all, it feels like it's under 30fps, more like 20-25, the blur effect when moving makes it worse, i thought motion blur was supposed to smoothe the animation ?

smooth as silk for me but I stopped playing Blops a week or two ago so 60FPS is purged from my memory. :smile:

I can't see how anyone can say that Crysis 2 will be the best looking console game...isn't it a bit early?

game looks gorgeous on my tv in motion and this is only Multiplayer. Single player has yet to be seen but I can only imagine what they have done with a more tightly woven, controlled environment (as those other games you listed use to increase graphical output)

Back