[360, PS3] Crysis 2

Weird trailer in that it's called "be the weapon" same title as previous trailer despite new footage, making it hard to google/youtube etc.

And also that it seems only on GT for now (exclusive?) so kind of crap quality.

Animation on the aliens is a weak point.

Finally got around to playing the demo. Played about 5 games and it wasn't too bad. However, nothing in it made me want to buy it.

I like how they've stylised the cutscenes using deferred lights. Kinda like Killzone 2/3. Wish they could've done it for the entire game, though:
SpartaKick.jpg

http://www.gametrailers.com/video/be-the-crysis-2/710064?type=flv
New trailer looks amazing. This is PC footage obviously since I don't see any aliasing, pop ins and etc.

GT has taken down video..

Here is YT link.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wrYOMzFRy7Q

Also look at draw distance in some parts of video like 1:20 and 1:14. I take it it is full 3D as Crytek never before had fake backdrops in their games. Also like the presentation and storyteller voice. Reminds me of Jurassic Park and Tresspassers storyteller voice.

Last edited by a moderator:
I don't recall any LOD problems in Killzone 2 so I guess it wasn't as bad as Crysis 2 and about the particles in games like Killzone 2, Uncharted 2 and Gears of War 2 sure they were low-res too but still looked less ugly/distracting than Crysis 2's...also as you already mentioned we're talking about 2008-2009 titles looking better/more polished in some areas than Crytek's first console game powered by CryEngine 3 which is a 2011 title btw.

More like stating the obvious which right now sounds like some here are trying too hard to give the crown to Crysis 2 while in the same time overlooking some serious shortcomings.

Well it does look pretty. It may have shallow meaningless gameplay, but as the boredom atrophies your brain and your finger spasmodically presses the same button over and over again you be thinking 'shiny. my precious...'

Hopefully this time someone will actually play it rather than just pirate it.

Games Forum = Discussion about Games.
Technology Forum = Discussion about technical issues.

AlStrong = Short temper. :3

The YT and GT video has horrible quality. If somebody has a higher quality video of trailer then post link so I can capture some shots that are not infested with compression artifacts.

I hope they can get 75% of that good looks in console SP.

And once again I suspect they may be mixing footage. Some of it looks like console.

Seems to me most is console perhaps bar some scene and/or cutscene/promo part. Though that could be console to since it can be controlled 100%. But for previous Crysis games all cutscenes had exact same tech/assets/visuals as gameplay as cutscenes where integrated into map.

I like how they've stylised the cutscenes using deferred lights. Kinda like Killzone 2/3.
Am I the only one who detests this look? I've noticed stylistic similarities to Killzone numerous times now, and I'm not happy about that at all.

Anyone know what song is played during the trailer? Looked everywhere online but haven't found a clue.

The YT and GT video has horrible quality. If somebody has a higher quality video of trailer then post link so I can capture some shots that are not infested with compression artifacts.

The video was put up on Gamersyde, they usually have better quality vids than either GT or YT IMO.

http://www.gamersyde.com/news_crysis_2_gets_new_trailer-10504_en.html

Seems to me most is console perhaps bar some scene and/or cutscene/promo part. Though that could be console to since it can be controlled 100%. But for previous Crysis games all cutscenes had exact same tech/assets/visuals as gameplay as cutscenes where integrated into map.

You really think that any of this is from the console version? To me it all looks like PC footage, way too good to be produced on consoles

Anyone know what song is played during the trailer? Looked everywhere online but haven't found a clue.

The video was put up on Gamersyde, they usually have better quality vids than either GT or YT IMO.

http://www.gamersyde.com/news_crysis_2_gets_new_trailer-10504_en.html

Thanks for link.

You really think that any of this is from the console version? To me it all looks like PC footage, way too good to be produced on consoles

You kidding? No way all that footage is PC.

Back