[360, PS3] Crysis 2

Sounds is fantatics with great DSP effects for sounds and environment, much alike BFBC2 regarding this map. Only sound effects I dislike are some auto grunt voices that sound uninspired and flat. Thanks for video link, quality is great and sound quality to so my X-Fi gets to shine. :)

Right, they're in a separate part than other "s_"commands @crymod's wiki cvar list, that's why I didn't see them at first xD

Just dump to disk all cvars from CE2 with editor. AFAIK the wiki does not cover all effects, some new with patches.

I'd go with 30fps. 60fps definately make for a smoother gameplay, but I prefer the 30fps look over 60fps soap opera look :p

Yeah but IMO 30fps still isn't perfectly smooth in games with sharp detail. 38-40fps is the sweetspot after doing tests a long time ago for how people experience smoothness.

Yeah but IMO 30fps still isn't perfectly smooth in games with sharp detail. 38-40fps is the sweetspot after doing tests a long time ago for how people experience smoothness.
Yep, 60 is not only smoother but also more realistic. 30 I guess helps more with stylization.

Hmm, speaking of sounds...what's with the inception/batman style music? For a second I thought they had directly copied the inception soundtrack, lol.

Edit: I also hope that one day particle effects...smoke, etc don't go through walls. I'm not demanding full fluid simulation...just some code that kills the effect once it hits a solid object like the floor....

Last edited by a moderator:
I finally saw this latest Pier17 video. Very detailed map. Reflective surfaces everywhere. Also, indirect shadows are clearer to see here but GI LOD is very aggressive so you can see them fade in very close to the player. Here are some spots where you can detect them:

-3:17, behind some wood debris, after the player turns to his right.
-8:35, corner to the right.
-8:47, look at the white shelf. Indirect shadow from the couch.

I'm pretty sure there are many more instances of indirect shadows, but with such a compressed feed is hard to pinpoint them accurately.

Popup is really annoying. Like the puddle @ 3:23.

Sound is great too, very nice transitions for occlusion and distance.

Yeah also texture LOD. There is a part where player is near a metal box or such and detail layer pops in and then he turns to the right to turn back and the detail layer is gone. Maybe final game will be different in this regard if game data is read from DVD with predicatable data layout and redundancy data?

As Crytek is pushing consoles to their limits timing is utterly important. A HDD cant give reliable streaming timings thus inconsistent reports with different severities of LOD popups.

Btw going by config it seems water has FFT aswell as full world reflections (4) including particles and being responsive to player input. Only obvious cutdown is reflections update rate being I estimate around 20fps and water morphing updaterate.

EDIT: Somebody unban that water drooling dude that was a previous B3D member! :p

http://www.ea.com/crysis-2/blog/game-with-devs

Quote:
This Saturday, January 29th, is your chance to play with Crytek. We'll be hosting a Game with Developers event from 3:00 pm - 6:00 pm PST/11:00 pm - 2:00 am GMT on Xbox LIVE. The event is open to all Xbox LIVE Gold members, but don't forget that this weekend is Xbox LIVE's Free Gold Weekend. This means that ALL members, including Silver (Free), will be able to hop online, download the demo and battle with Crytek

Wondering whats going to happen after the 4th, as Crytek stated they will release more plans then. People are speculating such as Pier 17 unlocked+ demo release on all platforms.

Personally I'd doubt Crytek will leave the 360 demo up though, I think it's best to leave people wanting more not tiring of your one level, MP Beta's never last longer than a couple weeks typically (Halo)

Nice friendly Eu time that 3 am for me good thing i not asleep till like 6 am normally on a saterday so maybe ill give it a try and complain about their netcode.:devilish:

I was never impressed with Far Cry 2's graphics though, not surprised it didn't catch on. Always seemed just a lot of icky brown and red. I much prefer a lush tropical setting.
Far Cry 2's unpopularity wasn't so much due to the graphics as it was to the boring, repetitive gameplay and infuriating design.

Thx Nebula,very interesting.BTW,how come that it says r_height=720 r_width=1280 on consoles but its not like that in 360 MP demo?

Maybe there is a special override file or perhaps specified by shaders for compatibility with EDRAM. AFAIK settings in shader files can override or change things despite config settings.

Still odd config has this value unless for the time being it is disabled for 360 demo incase perfomance is increased to handle 3 tiles alternatively it might be for singleplayer portion and not multiplayer. Though in CE2/Crysis it is global resolution value but things can be overriden as I said.

If compression method is same as CE2 then the extracted *.cfg files can be modified with Notepad and then repacked to *.pak archive (they are zips with pak extension name in CE2) with ZIP default medium compression. Might work unless game has anti-cheat function activated alt. add to config some vaules to try to disable anti-cheat if game works with peer to peer as hosts decides base settings.

con_restricted=0
r_displayinfo=1 // :p
sv_cheatprotection=0
g_quickGame_min_players=1
g_minplayerlimit=1

x360.cfg
Code:
con_restricted=0
r_displayinfo=1 
sv_cheatprotection=0
g_quickGame_min_players=1
g_minplayerlimit=1

r_multithreaded=2
e_LodRatio=5
e_CoverageBufferResolution=128
e_lodmin = 0 

e_streamcgfpoolsize			= 24
r_TexturesStreamPoolSize	= 90

s_VariationLimiter = 0.3 -- FOR SUBMISSIONS TO EA QA, WILL BE ADJUSTED OVER TIME!!
s_Obstruction = 1
s_ObstructionAccuracy = 1
s_ObstructionUpdate = 0.5
s_SoundMoodsDSP=1
s_ReverbType=0

p_num_threads=2
d3d9_pip_buff_size = 24

g_breakage_mem_limit = 5000

r_DeferredShadingSortLights=0

r_VSync = 2
sys_maxfps = 30

d3d9_rb_verts=32768
d3d9_rb_Tris=65536

e_particlesThread=4
sys_streaming_cpu=1
sys_physics_CPU=5

Last edited by a moderator:
Yea,thx I understand.What do you think...that r_height=704 in PS3 cfg. file...does it confirm that ps3 version is also not 720p?

Back